Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Derby Away Pre-Match Thread

For once let's see Ranieri put out the strongest squad based on merit in recent games with the aim of an all out ass whooping of derby.  Nothing better to get the ol confidence back than beat up on an old local rival.

Think this is the team I'd choose to give Derby a good seeing to

Kasper 

RDL 

Morgan  Moore

Konchesky

Knocky

James Drinkwater 

Dyer

Nugent Vardy

All jokes aside I'd go 

Kasper

Simpson Wes (sigh) Huth (sigh) Chilwell

Albrighton

Drinkwater

King/Ndidi

Gray

Okazaki Vardy

5 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Think this is the team I'd choose to give Derby a good seeing to

Kasper 

RDL 

Morgan  Moore

Konchesky

Knocky

James Drinkwater 

Dyer

Nugent Vardy

All jokes aside I'd go 

Kasper

Simpson Wes (sigh) Huth (sigh) Chilwell

Albrighton

Drinkwater

King/Ndidi

Gray

Okazaki Vardy

You may joke, but the sad thing is I think there are more goals in team A than in team B.

1 hour ago, foxy boxing said:

Clattenburg to ref this one, so another ref who wants to be the centre of attention. it's on tv so he'll defo want to get noticed!

I think Clattenburg is actually a pretty good ref & has nothing on the attention seeking tendencies of Moss & Dean. 

1 minute ago, berniethebolt said:

"       17 hours ago, philmycock said:

"League champions twice, you'll never sing that"

Hoping we'll sing this on Friday that'll shut Leicester lot ?????"

Just wandered onto their forum, they are getting ready for us.

Hope we finally get the season on a sound footing and do a real job on them.

Last time they won it was 1975, pretty sure a "you've been shit for 40 years" chant would wind them up. 

13 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

For once let's see Ranieri put out the strongest squad based on merit in recent games with the aim of an all out ass whooping of derby.  Nothing better to get the ol confidence back than beat up on an old local rival.

To be fair we played our strongest available at Everton in the last round,this won't be any different 

Still massively confident we'll win this.

Decided I think I'd prefer 4 2 3 1. Would be tempted to try Kingy as the advanced midfielder with Gray and Musa either side of him and Vardy up top.

Drinky and N'Didi in behind

Simpson Chillwell as full backs and anyone but Wasilewski cb.

On 23/01/2017 at 14:38, Dickov22 said:

442 and praying either Leo is fit or Slimani is available.  

Kasper

Simpson 

Huth

Morgan 

Chilwell 

Albrighton 

Ndidi 

Drinkwater 

Gray 

Ulloa / Slimani 

Vardy 

I don't want Musa or Okazaki anywhere near the team personally 

Okazaki I understand but Musa? He was great at Everton, winning us the game and one of the better players v Chelsea. He deserves a start more than Vardy imo.

1 hour ago, lgfualol said:

Last time they won it was 1975, pretty sure a "you've been shit for 40 years" chant would wind them up. 

Better still, you weren't even born, you weren't even born, champions of England, you weren't even born

Then when the typical 'where were you when you were shit' starts, no better time than that to really raise the roof with beating you, beating you.... as we always did lol 

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

Still massively confident we'll win this.

Decided I think I'd prefer 4 2 3 1. Would be tempted to try Kingy as the advanced midfielder with Gray and Musa either side of him and Vardy up top.

Drinky and N'Didi in behind

Simpson Chillwell as full backs and anyone but Wasilewski cb.

Ranieri said in one interview today to Italian papers after he won another award, that he spoke to chairman, to forget FA and CL "but think to save us".

""The president told me, 'Do not think about the FA Cup or the Champions League, but think to save us.'"

Read more at http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/leicester-city-news-and-transfer-rumours-live/story-30081744-detail/story.html#MflFA8ASyjVdmWwr.99"

WHy would claudio be thinking about champions league a month away?

we play Burnley on Tuesday in a game which is as winnable as any we have in the next four so that should of course  be priority

surely we can beat Derby with a slightly weakened team (and he has the whole of Sunday and Monday with the players to prepare fully for Burnley). It's the equivalent of a tues night game ahead of a Saturday evening fixture 

16 minutes ago, Zola said:

Ranieri said in one interview today to Italian papers after he won another award, that he spoke to chairman, to forget FA and CL "but think to save us".

""The president told me, 'Do not think about the FA Cup or the Champions League, but think to save us.'"

Read more at http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/leicester-city-news-and-transfer-rumours-live/story-30081744-detail/story.html#MflFA8ASyjVdmWwr.99"

Wow haha. I can only assume something have been slightly mixed up in translation there. If that's the kind of mentality we have behind the scenes, no wonder the players don't look arsed.

Well for his sake I hope he doesn't put out a weak side that loses to Derby.

That following the Southampton game will lose him a lot of the fan base.

Archived