Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Derby Away Pre-Match Thread

Morgan is starting 100%, lets face it he's still a Forest lad and any chance to beat Derby he'll be up for, plus he's club captain and hasn't missed a game in about 20 years. I can't see Benny getting a start. I love Wasyl but he'd be a disaster in this I feel. Hernandez gone, no youth prospects at centre half. 

Morgan and Huth then. 

Guest CityFan 06
5 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Morgan is starting 100%, lets face it he's still a Forest lad and any chance to beat Derby he'll be up for, plus he's club captain and hasn't missed a game in about 20 years. I can't see Benny getting a start. I love Wasyl but he'd be a disaster in this I feel. Hernandez gone, no youth prospects at centre half. 

Morgan and Huth then. 

I would've liked to of seen Amartey at CB with Huth. Of course, Ghana are still progressing in the AFCON so that's not possible as he won't be back for the game. Ndidi maybe but I'm not sure about that. 

8 minutes ago, CityFan 06 said:

I would've liked to of seen Amartey at CB with Huth. Of course, Ghana are still progressing in the AFCON so that's not possible as he won't be back for the game. Ndidi maybe but I'm not sure about that. 

We need Ndidi in midfield though, he's the only one at the moment playing anywhere near his best. 

Such a strange situation to have a relatively large squad but absolutely no flexibility or the scope for squad rotation. 

Guest CityFan 06
Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

We need Ndidi in midfield though, he's the only one at the moment playing anywhere near his best. 

Such a strange situation to have a relatively large squad but absolutely no flexibility or the scope for squad rotation. 

Yeah, agree. I think Ndidi has done relatively well, considering the form we are too. 

For attacking players I think we are ok, there's plenty there to rotate with. However, when you look at the defence we are very short in numbers. 

24 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

I see a tinsy, winsy flaw in your plan .......

But is the fact Simpson 'is scared to cross the halfway line' due to him as a player, or the instructions from the manager? Probably a bit of both, but when he does get forward, he doesn't look terrible.

15 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

But is the fact Simpson 'is scared to cross the halfway line' due to him as a player, or the instructions from the manager? Probably a bit of both, but when he does get forward, he doesn't look terrible.

I think it probably is a bit down to Ranieri as well, though Chillwell and Fuchs seem to get forward a fair bit more than Simpson.

We really should be striving for more than "can do a job" or "isn't terrible". I know that's probably not exactly what you mean, but it really is the case. Simpson should be a capable back up for us that can step in and do a job.

How shoddy is out scouting/personnel in charge of bringing in new players that we've not managed to pick up another out and out right back in 18 months since De Laet left.

Not since the Sven days have I had this little faith in our club to use their brains when it comes to transfers and contracts. Both moving on and bringing in new talent. I used to be similar to these when I played first started playing football manager and spunked all my money on attacking players.

Someone brought up Lloyd Dyer as an example, great servent to us but we didn't just blindly hand him big bags of cash when we got promoted because he played a part. We offered him one year to see how he would get on. 

Edited to say, that was quite a tangent I went off on sorry. I don't think I can talk about Leicester without being angry at how poorly the club seems to be operating haha.

If we actually turn up and give a shit we should beat this lot. Our fringe players would walk into their side, so in terms of quality we are miles ahead of them. It all depends if we put out a decent side and actually try for once.

This won't be quite as easy as some on here think, Their on a decent run and the Brolly man is not quite the fool some think. With the way we're playing lately who knows what will happen if we go behind. How embarrassing it will be if we lose to Derby. We really need to get our act together for this one.  

11 minutes ago, SlaneyLCFC said:

Is it wrong to say in the current situation i couldn't be bothered if we win or not? the whole feeling is "Meh" :( Just want to see some passion and care from the players, goal down or not!

I actually think the FA Cup is quickly becoming very important to us for a few of reasons

- We may well be out of the CL in a month, so no excuses of fixture overload.

- It'll give us a boost if we win away

- It's now the only conceivable way we can qualify for Europe next season.... which we need really to keep hold of/attract a certain type of player

13 minutes ago, SlaneyLCFC said:

Is it wrong to say in the current situation i couldn't be bothered if we win or not? the whole feeling is "Meh" :( Just want to see some passion and care from the players, goal down or not!

It's the FA Cup.

It's Derby.

What's not to get up for? I don't get this feeling at all and I've seen it many times on here during this season.

Fvck me, regardless of our form, I'm always excited when I get up knowing I'm going to the game. I've been excited for Derby since it was drawn. Half a day at work on Friday can't come quick enough.

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

I think it probably is a bit down to Ranieri as well, though Chillwell and Fuchs seem to get forward a fair bit more than Simpson.

We really should be striving for more than "can do a job" or "isn't terrible". I know that's probably not exactly what you mean, but it really is the case. Simpson should be a capable back up for us that can step in and do a job.

How shoddy is out scouting/personnel in charge of bringing in new players that we've not managed to pick up another out and out right back in 18 months since De Laet left.

Not since the Sven days have I had this little faith in our club to use their brains when it comes to transfers and contracts. Both moving on and bringing in new talent. I used to be similar to these when I played first started playing football manager and spunked all my money on attacking players.

Someone brought up Lloyd Dyer as an example, great servent to us but we didn't just blindly hand him big bags of cash when we got promoted because he played a part. We offered him one year to see how he would get on. 

Edited to say, that was quite a tangent I went off on sorry. I don't think I can talk about Leicester without being angry at how poorly the club seems to be operating haha.

You're spot on.

It's amazing to think that just a year ago (and probably before too), we all were saying how well the club is run. We were making smart buys, not handing out massive contracts like sweets, and we seemed to have a squad that worked hard for each other. I don't think owners have done too much wrong, and I am sure they are concerned about the current situation (albeit that we are further ahead in their 5 year plan than expected, having reached Europe already!). It will be interesting to see how they react if things do not change.

Guest CityFan 06
8 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

They're really going to be up for it.

With the current careless trend on match days from us I'm struggling to see a win.

I'm in two minds, half of me thinks we're going to lose 2-0 but the other half reckons we might get that much needed win. Hopefully the latter. 

12 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

They're really going to be up for it.

With the current careless trend on match days from us I'm struggling to see a win.

They will be up for it, we won't at all. Derby are just another team to these players. They are not the hated rivals to the players like they are to the fans. Maybe to Morgan as someone noted earlier because he is from Notts, but the rest, meh.

5 hours ago, Dickov22 said:

Ive seen enough of Musa this season to know he's nowhere near up to it at this level. As for your comment about Vardy, it's just baffling. Vardy is a good player and we are leaving him isolated week after week with the various ridiculous team selections and formations. He proved himself last season. Should be our main striker but needs help . 

Youve seen enough? What about 5 starts? How many times has he started down the middle? He made a mug of Ashley Williams at Everton and scored a couple on the left wing earlier in the season. He certainly should get in ahead of Okazaki. Also, tgough isolated, Slimani has done ok up top alone so its no excuse, Vardys badly out of form, has been nearly all season.

1 hour ago, blue army 1988 said:

A good win may give us some much needed confidence.

i sincerely hope so. Switched off the saints match half way through i was that disgusted. If we get tonked by a team then fine but at least put some effort into getting a draw or even a win!

Just now, AmarteyAndChill said:

What about if we lose to Burnley on the Tuesday..

Well I don't see us getting relegated because, as dreadful as our performances have been, Hull, Palace, Sunderland, Swansea and Middlesbrough are poorer, the latter two less so but still, we'll be okay. The champions league has been incredible to witness and I am very excited to see us in the last 16 but Sevilla are fantastic and will most likely embarrass us. Thus the fa cup is the only competition where we have a real shot at doing well in.

Archived