Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blizzard

Southampton (A) Post Match thread 3 - 0

4 minutes ago, mattsmith74 said:

Not one single player comes out of

this game with any credit at all. From front to back we were awful. They looked like scoring every time they attacked. 

Ranieri has got to get nasty and needs to get a new centre back in this week. He cannot continue to keep faith with these players. Huth and Morgan have been as bad this year as they were good last. Drinkwater looks fed up. I feel sorry for Vardy as he gets no service at all now. Gray is too greedy and believes his own hype and Mandy and Ndidi need time to bed in. 

Apart from that ............

I don't know about one new centre back. If it was me I'd be bringing in two. Both of our centre halves are currently useless!

Any centre back that can defend and doesn't treat the ball like a hot potato will suffice! 

Just now, Struwwelpeter60 said:

Sorry, but I repeat my question.

Why should he have lost the dressing room?

Because he is always protecting the players?

That doesn't make any sense.

There is many reasons, like you I can't put my finger on why... but it is clear the players aren't putting in the shift like they were last season. They aren't willing to close down, or even chase the ball, it is like they would all rather just pocket the big wages and not worry about why they are getting paid them 

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

There is many reasons, like you I can't put my finger on why... but it is clear the players aren't putting in the shift like they were last season. They aren't willing to close down, or even chase the ball, it is like they would all rather just pocket the big wages and not worry about why they are getting paid them 

Do you think, a new manager would change that?

Just now, Struwwelpeter60 said:

Do you think, a new manager would change that?

It depends on the problem... I never ask for a manager to get the boot, I don't like that way of thinking. Never once under Pearson, even Sven did I call for him to go, but right now something stinks, and the players just aren't even doing the basics, they aren't showing any real fight, and seem unwilling to put pressure on the ball 

I wouldn't go as far as to say there was no effort from the players. I saw plenty of effort. What I did not see was any creativity or spark. We are completely predictable. Which is odd because at times we don't seem to know what we're doing ourselves!

Drop Morgan, make Schmeichel captain and break the bank to sign another defender to be a mainstay in our defence. I think Huth would be better with another partner at the back.

IF Claudio Ranieri has lost the dressing room, these bunch of twattards can royally fvck themselves.

You wont play for a manager that MADE your career.

Youre an absolute disgrace to yourselves, your club and your profession and you deserve to be managed by a bellend who will ruin you.

So much trash to comment on but I want to deal with the "Vardy gets no service" thing. He had two nice balls in the channel first half and his terrible first touch killed it. Other than that he barely moves, hardly any good runs and very little work rate. 

It does all go back to defence for me though. Not just that they are slow and bad, but the distribution is so poor it just keeps building pressure back on the team because we have no restbite 

I wouldn't go as far as to say there was no effort from the players. I saw plenty of effort. What I did not see was any creativity or spark. We are completely predictable. Which is odd because at times we don't seem to know what we're doing ourselves!

Drop Morgan, make Schmeichel captain and sign another defender to be a mainstay in our defence. I think Huth would be better with another partner at the back.

this exactly

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Just now, Max Power said:

So much trash to comment on but I want to deal with the "Vardy gets no service" thing. He had two nice balls in the channel first half and his terrible first touch killed it. Other than that he barely moves, hardly any good runs and very little work rate. 

It does all go back to defence for me though. Not just that they are slow and bad, but the distribution is so poor it just keeps building pressure back on the team because we have no restbite 

It's his Mrs.fault.

We all know she's chopped his balls off!

1 minute ago, Max Power said:

He's had 9 shots on target in the league all season. We're not giving him opportunities.

1 minute ago, easilee said:

Seems to me that the players are trying to conserve energy for the middle and later stages of the game in the hope that they can blitz 'em. Shlt tactic.

It is odd if that is the case, last season we were chasing everything for 90 minutes plus. You need to certainly start a game on top that is for sure, far to often we are conceding first and far too easily 

Just now, toddybad said:

He's had 9 shots on target in the league all season. We're not giving him opportunities.

If his touch and movement was better he'd have more. Slimani has scored in way less time on the pitch. It's an issue but Vardy has been very, very poor this season for me. 

Just now, easilee said:

Love how people are trashing Gray and defending Vardy. Fúcking backward supporters.

Gray put effort in, so it is harsh for me to claim no one does... but a few that should and mostly vardy don't seem to want to run or close down anything. This is a player that for 90 minutes every game last season didn't let the defenders breath or even the goalkeeper because he was running for absolutely everything 

Henry summed it up in terms of arguments about formations etc. We were shite at the start of the season and he didn't change anything then really...to me it looked like he's lost the lads, they have no faith in what he is doing, once that has happened the only thing left to do is change the manager...Drinkwater was in a foul mood today, and Morgan looks completely lost half the time....players aren't blameless but you can't change a whole team!

Claudio has lost the lads. 

Abject woeful useless pathetic disgraceful poor cringeworthy aimless dire awful inept lethargic, we have no attacking threat with no service to Vardy while Okazaki just cannot do it in the Premier league, he just isn't a threat whatsoever as much as I love the guy, great attitude but offers nothing and falls over in a match at least a dozen times.gray is just so selfish and fails to put players in scoring positions time after time and just skies the ball, ndidi and Mendy are very young and inexperienced and constantly lose the ball while are defence is always a danger to concede a goal or two

Archived