Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blizzard

Southampton (A) Post Match thread 3 - 0

Wondering after today's awful performance how many of us pro Claudio supporters are changing their minds regarding his tenure as manager ??

After today I'm on the fence as honestly wouldn't be surprised if he was sacked after this rather than don't be so fooking stupid it's just a knee jerk comment? 

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Well he don't seem to be doing a lot of effective talking there either does he?

Its garbage.

They should grow a pair and fvcking stand up and put a shift in.

There are players representing this club with abysmal attitudes. And I mean ABYSMAL

They have a manager that never publically criticises them, he acts like a true gent, he even called a team meeting to discuss issues within the team, formations etc rather than giving them the my way or the highway treatment.

They are back stabbing little fvcks. ALL the vitriol should be directed at them.

No matter what formation Claudio tries, what plans he has, the players stab him in the back and dont give one ounce of anything.

And that was after this man elevated to them to a level in their career they had absolutely no right to achieve. Piss poor Pearson signings like Morgan, donkeys like Albrighton, Huth who is a glorified nightclub bouncer. Vardy who looks like its above him to close a defender down now he has a few England caps and a Premier League medal.

Claudio inspired you to do that.

You cant just turn it on and off like a tap.

Im absolutely seething at these gobshite players, many of whom are bastard sons of Pearson who you all adore, theyre useless boneheads that deserve nothing.

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Personally, I wouldn't call him for rubbishing the players publically. I'd actually like to hear an interview with Ranieri where he actually said it how it was, rather than the nonsense he keeps coming out with.

The players need a massive kick up the arse. They have become overpaid primadonnas, living off last season's success and not looking like they give a shite. There's no use dressing it up in any other way. They don't look bothered and don't seem to be playing for the manager. 

So you do want him to come out and rubbish the players then. 

The past few games the team have showed absolutely no fight, spirit or motivation and at the end of the day that boils down to the management just like a business and if the management isn't up to scratch in a business there's a change so if something doesn't change soon questions could be asked. Ultimately it's not my job to decide whether Claudio can take the club forward or not, I'm just speculating. 

1 minute ago, gcxttle said:

The past few games the team have showed absolutely no fight, spirit or motivation and at the end of the day that boils down to the management just like a business and if the management isn't up to scratch in a business there's a change so if something doesn't change soon questions could be asked. Ultimately it's not my job to decide whether Claudio can take the club forward or not, I'm just speculating. 

You can lead a horse to water......

27 minutes ago, Donut said:

IF Claudio Ranieri has lost the dressing room, these bunch of twattards can royally fvck themselves.

You wont play for a manager that MADE your career.

Youre an absolute disgrace to yourselves, your club and your profession and you deserve to be managed by a bellend who will ruin you.

This.

I'm starting to hate these players I absolutely worshipped after last season. That's the saddest thing.

3 minutes ago, Donut said:

There are players representing this club with abysmal attitudes. And I mean ABYSMAL

They have a manager that never publically criticises them, he acts like a true gent, he even called a team meeting to discuss issues within the team, formations etc rather than giving them the my way or the highway treatment.

They are back stabbing little fvcks. ALL the vitriol should be directed at them.

No matter what formation Claudio tries, what plans he has, the players stab him in the back and dont give one ounce of anything.

And that was after this man elevated to them to a level in their career they had absolutely no right to achieve. Piss poor Pearson signings like Morgan, donkeys like Albrighton, Huth who is a glorified nightclub bouncer. Vardy who looks like its above him to close a defender down now he has a few England caps and a Premier League medal.

Im absolutely seething at these gobshite players, many of whom are bastard sons of Pearson who you all adore, theyre useless boneheads that deserve nothing.

Spot on.

With one exception.

Huth won 19 caps for Germany.

For a reason.

Awful from back to front today. 

Kasper looked like he wasn't  sure what to do a couple of times but then I don't blame him with the back line he had in front of him. 

The defence to a man was shocking. Simpson doesn't know what to do when he has the ball. Doesn't even aim for anyone just hits it regardless of how longe he's got. Morgan doesn't seem to know where to stand. Was so easy to get round and all of a sudden he and Huth can't head the ball away which is the one thing they were good at. Huth was trying to be as poor as Morgan but he couldn't match the atrocious performance despite his best efforts. Fuchs trying to gift as much to Southampton as humanly possible. 

Our midfield seems to struggle to pass 4 yards accurately to someone in a blue shirt (it's only assumption they're actually trying that) I'm struggling to see what albrighton was brought on for because one decent cross from 10 isn't good. We didn't have any one to win the header if it was a decent cross anyway. 

Okazaki runs a lot. Just don't give him a football. Vardy starved of service. If he can't get in behind anymore get him to turn and run at defences. It scares them just as much! Gray is young, full of promise but my god does he need to be taken a side and told to work on his decision making. Too often he wasted a decent opportunity by having shit shots from stupid places. But at least he didn't pass it to the centre backs... 

we didnt attack with any intent. We used to fly forward. There's no reason why we still can't. It's like they've been told to hang back and keep the ball. Which would be ok if we could ****ing pass. But we can't so why can't we play to our strengths. Ranieri had a horror show yet again and he needs to get back to playing to the players strengths or overhaul the squad (which I think we will see in the summer). Please please please. Buy a new defence.... 

embarrasing, shambolic and utterly utterly disgraceful. 

3 minutes ago, Donut said:

Agree with most but not all of it. Albrighton...one of our best players. Huth....solid and simple. Rarely makes mistakes.

Leicester manager Claudio Ranieri: "It was not good performance. It is my fault. I wanted to change the shape of my teams in the last two matches.

"Against Chelsea, we played three at the back, today a diamond in midfield. Maybe my players didn't understand my idea very well.

"It is important to react. I take responsibility. We have to go back with more desire to get the first away win. I know we try to do our best. At the moment, everything is wrong. I am very frustrated."

Just now, Kitchandro said:

This.

I'm starting to hate these players I absolutely worshipped after last season. That's the saddest thing.

This is the saddest thing.

Look at Chelsea, won the league, then started badly the following season but qualified for the Champions League knock out none the less. Lost to us and then sacked their manager, survived then top the league the following season...

We won the league, started badly the following season but qualified for the Champions League knock-out phase, lost to Chelsea, then ???????, with new manager survived and even newer manager topped the league next season. 

Not saying we are as established as Chelsea but there is a sense of history repeating here.

Leicester equal unwanted record - match stats

• Leicester's haul of 21 points from 22 games is the joint-worst return for a reigning champion in top-flight history (Ipswich in 1962-63, converted to three points for a win).
  • Southampton ended a run of four straight league defeats, picking up their first top-flight win since 18 December (when they beat Bournemouth 3-1).
  • Saints scored more than one first-half goal for the first time in the Premier League this season.
  • Claudio Ranieri's side have gone 13 away Premier League games without a win, longer than any other side.
  • Indeed, it's Leicester's longest winless away streak in the league since 2005 (18 matches).

Assuming none of us are at the top of our professions, try to imagine a comparable situation happening to you in your job as happened to these players last season. then being paid a lot more to do your job without having to perform to those same levels. 

Are you going  to break your neck?  I suspect you aren't and that's the problem. I'm sure it isn't a conscious thing - they likely can't work it out themselves - all those extra tenths of a percent, be it in the preparation of the players and coaching/fitness staff or the performance on the pitch - these extra tenths are all missing and it delivers what you see each week. 

like i said earlier, hopefully the realisation once they drop into the bottom three of what they actually face may shake them up - hopefully the gap to 16/17th won't be too big by then. 

Just now, HankMarvin said:

Leicester equal unwanted record - match stats

• Leicester's haul of 21 points from 22 games is the joint-worst return for a reigning champion in top-flight history (Ipswich in 1962-63, converted to three points for a win).
  • Southampton ended a run of four straight league defeats, picking up their first top-flight win since 18 December (when they beat Bournemouth 3-1).
  • Saints scored more than one first-half goal for the first time in the Premier League this season.
  • Claudio Ranieri's side have gone 13 away Premier League games without a win, longer than any other side.
  • Indeed, it's Leicester's longest winless away streak in the league since 2005 (18 matches).

We did a lot of these to other teams last season....Sad. If you know what I mean.

3 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Leicester manager Claudio Ranieri: "It was not good performance. It is my fault. I wanted to change the shape of my teams in the last two matches.

"Against Chelsea, we played three at the back, today a diamond in midfield. Maybe my players didn't understand my idea very well.

"It is important to react. I take responsibility. We have to go back with more desire to get the first away win. I know we try to do our best. At the moment, everything is wrong. I am very frustrated."

The noose is close, this isnt something thats new

Just now, The Guvnor said:

You can't make it drink but you can drown the fcuker.

We were certainly gifting them today. That Fuchs pass that played them right into goal, Morgan's own goal (which should of stood). 5-0 wouldn't of flattered Southampton.

Our last few performances we look like a league 2 team playing pre-season friendlies against Man Utd,

Our signings haven't help us. 50m+ spent and we don't have a single player with technical ability. Our one strategy has been found out, and the players aren't capable of playing a different style. All of our signings were geared towards a system that has been completely found out this season, and Claudio has made a right mess of things.

Archived