Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blizzard

Southampton (A) Post Match thread 3 - 0

2 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

We are not going to achieve anything by moaning. The team needs us now. We need to get behind the side and try and stop this season fizzling out.

Wake up mate, sing what you want from the stands, you will still be walking away dissapointed at the end.

Just now, dedlock said:

Gray was a notable exception but lacked composure on a couple of chances he made.

The rest appeared to  lack motivation. There needs to be improved concentration and hard work. 

If only Gray had the final finish he would be a quality player he's just trying far too hard to score !!

but I still honestly think we will be fine we won't go down the sooner we can just concentrate on the league and the league only is when we can sort out and improve,it's like at times our lads are playing poor as they don't want to get injured before the Champions league game ??

I'm ****ing depressed, that was such a gutless spineless performance. Feel let down by Claudio and the lads. I'd be absolutely fuming if I was one of them. I'm still shell-shocked. I tell you this is the worst Saints side in few years, they sold their best players left and right and still managed to put 3 past us. 

Meanwile Swansea leap up from the bottom. 

I hope the owners decide what's best for the club. If thats a new manager, fine, so be it. Ranieri lost the plot, I don't think anyone can deny it. I don't believe he's capable of Great Escape. I just don't want us to go back to Championship straight after winning Premier League, don't want the club to become a laughing stock.

2 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Ranieri post match took the blame for the performance by saying it was his mistake for changing the formation because they are used to 4-4-1-1.

He has said we will go back to basics and back to the formation we know.

Won't help if the players don't give a shit, Claudio.

Problem being we were shit playing that too. 

2 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

We are not going to achieve anything by moaning. The team needs us now. We need to get behind the side and try and stop this season fizzling out.

lol You seriously think this bunch of players care? No motivation, no energy, no desire despite huge new contracts; the last thing they deserve is more of the fans' backing. They need to step up and show some mettle, and fast

Just now, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Claudio was very very honest and I thought quite emotional. It's hard not to feel for such a honourable man.

As he admitted, he has fiddled with formations on the last two games and the players do look lost. But that can't account for the lack of passion.  

Saying he wants to go back, but we weren't even close to a win when we were playing exactly that. There is a bigger problem than bloody formations that is for sure

The most upsetting thing now is its got to the point where I dont care. Dont get me wrong will always support the lads but last season or the season before when we lost I would be pissed off for a few hours. The last few games I have just accepted that we are shit and its more like oh, we lost 3-0, what a shame. No fight from the players and the manager isn't doing anything. Formation isn't the problem. Its our over reliance on defensive play and not getting men fowards to support the attack, just leads to the opposition having chances again and again because they know there is no threat coming from us.

Next game I would drop Okazaki Morgan and Fuchs and bring in Kapustka, Chilwell and Benny. Can't do any worse thats for sure.

3 minutes ago, limeydale said:

If Claudio comes out and says anything positive about that he needs to go...utter shite performance

David Pleat made a comment about Ranieri standing there and not once consulting his staff while things were falling apart. That to me looks wrong. We look dispirited and total opposite of last year. Something big needs to be done. Swansea pulled off a result yesterday and we had an easier match and not once looked like achieving anything good. 

1 minute ago, oxtonfox said:

David Pleat made a comment about Ranieri standing there and not once consulting his staff while things were falling apart. That to me looks wrong. We look dispirited and total opposite of last year. Something big needs to be done. Swansea pulled off a result yesterday and we had an easier match and not once looked like achieving anything good. 

Swansea have changed their manager 

2 minutes ago, foxyblue said:

Raniari interview shows he has no idea what he is doing.dead man walking I'm afraid.

Okay, let's get specific.

What was wrong with the formation?

What was wrong with the line-up?

Do you think, Kapustka would have

saved the day?

Slimani, Mahrez, Amartey and

Ulloa were not available.

What should he have done?

He doesn't have a magic wand.

8 minutes ago, Drygon said:

It's such a shame to see Leicester in current form, sadly :(

Really hope the team won't end up in relegation battle.

4 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

We're already in one.

Technically speaking, can we be in a relegation battle if we're not actually doing any battling? I think it could more accurately be called a relegation surrender.

Archived