Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Derby Away Post Match Thread 2 - 2

2 minutes ago, toddybad said:

We were by far the better team aside from a 15 minute period at the end of the second half.  What in liked was ranieri getting really pissed off with the high balls forward. No doubt in my mind it will be huth he wants to replace as he never looks for the simple ball. 

100% at least 1 of huth or Morgan has 2 go also Simpson 

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Good job we sneaked the late one or your post and this whole forum would, I suspect, be reading rather differently.

The forum is still very negative, which is why I felt moved to post about how I thought the performance wasn't quite as bad as people are making out. Had we not equalised it would have been even more negative, of course, but we did equalise, so...

Just now, SystonFox said:

Vardy has to be rested.

gray looked good the first 15 mins he was on then faded a little.

Vardy has just had a self-imposed 3 game rest.

He doesn't need to be rested, he needs to start running.

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Probably gonna get shot down again for 'having a go at the kids' but Chilwell 'not quite ready'? He was useless. Kept running forward, losing the ball and ending up out of position.  Against anyone any good, we'd have been slaughtered tonight.

You're right. I was trying to be somewhat optimistic about him but yes, I think he needs another season in the championship before he can be considered to start in the Prem. 

Does suggest we need a completely new back 4 though, which is concerning! 

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Probably gonna get shot down again for 'having a go at the kids' but Chilwell 'not quite ready'? He was useless. Kept running forward, losing the ball and ending up out of position.  Against anyone any good, we'd have been slaughtered tonight.

Totally agree with this. I would allow him the excuse that the change of position at HT didn't help, but yes, he did get caught out defending almost every time.

Guest FriendlyRam
Just now, surrifox said:

I'd be happy to have Clattenburg ref every one of our games - superb 

He did well tbf.... that peno decision at the end though.... as a Derby fan a bo**** lol 

Two left backs to counter the incredible Tom Ince *slow clap*. Second half was how it should have been. How on earth does he justify a LB at LM when we have Gray and Mahrez? We got lucky but pleased to make a replay. 

Confidence plays a massive part and the overreaction never ceases to amaze me...Claudio was really brave and reacted by going for it.....if he could get us a quality centre half and a right back we would look so much better.

our attacking play was generally quite good and Mahrez provided a spark with Gray....we should definitely be adventurous at  Burnley and try to be positive......Vardy just needs a goal as he is another short of confidence....needs one off his backside 

7 minutes ago, FriendlyRam said:

Its disappointing to concede so late on from a corner :( 

But tbh I don't think we have much to moan about, we didn't deserve it, 2-1 up and defended well but no quality 2nd half and you should have won with the chances you had. 

Carson MOTM surely?

Do you think you'll reach the play-offs?

15 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Dreadful. Period. Derby played a much better football than us. 

Poor yes, dreadful no. As poor as we were Derby were not better than us,

they relied on our poor defending and poor finishing.

Unless we're playing Barcelona please can we never start a game with 3 

fullbacks again.

We can not just turn good performances after being crap for a couple of months. so to have more possession than our opposition, shots, corners etc is a positive. Better than in our last game and for the first time in a long time we passed the ball on the floor a few times. Play derby again at home, get a reasonable win 3-1 etc players will gain confidence, Vardy gets a goal and team will be better form for the upcoming tough prem and seville games. 

Still urgently need a cb and rb and some pace in the defence. but overall some positives from tonight. 

Positives:

- A better, more committed attitude

- Closing down better, like last season

- Much crisper, more accurate passing & ball retention

- Less hoofball

- Some creativity/linking from Okazaki & Albrighton

- Chilwell & Gray good, if imperfect young prospects

- Mahrez is back, joker in the pack

Negatives:

- Terribly slow and open at centre back

- Awfully vulnerable at right back

- Vardy's confidence still shot

- Drinky still creating sod all

- Snatching at every chance, hitting it straight at keeper

By last seasons standards, that wasn't great - and we'll need to improve some more to stay up

BUT...I'm relieved. That was an improvement on recent performances, even allowing for weaker opposition.

We're learning to play football again, perhaps now we could learn how to defend & how to score, too?

Archived