Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Derby Away Post Match Thread 2 - 2

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

As a winger, yes.

And as a LB. I didn't see the same game others were watching. He got caught out time and time again and I reiterate...against anyone good at getting forward quickly, we'd have been annihilated.

As I said in the match thread. I think people simply WANT to see a good young player. Tonight I saw a liability. Hopefully he'll grow into the player apparently some rave about.

What irritates me is that i know we could be much better. I mean, we won the league . I dont expect us to win it again (or a cup) but actully show heart and fight please. Its as if we need to shake these tossers and wake them from their trance and start winning again.....never a dull moment as a city supporter but come on lads you cant be proud of that game.

It's disappointing but Derby beat West Brom away and have a few very capable players. Will Hughes in particular impressed me. He could certainly be playing in the premier league. We desperately need to sign a defender who doesn't treat the ball like a grenade all the time. 

16 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I disagree. Forget it was Derby. We played a mediocre championship and were matched by them (if not better) in most areas. That was poor. Have we fallen this far that our aspirations are this low.  We never once looked a league above.

That's fine. Your opinion is your right. But how you view the world colours your universe. Against Saints we were doggo. Tonight we were better. There are many teams who would gladly swap places to still be involved in the tournament. I will reflect on tonight's positives in my eyes. You will reflect on the negatives. Neither of our interpretations will have any impact on anything to do with our team. But which one of us do you think will have the better evening? 

22 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Jeeezz, we weren't that bad! 

Some miserable feckers on here.

Had much the better of the game.

Draw was least we deserved tbf.

Glad to see some

balance. Apart from a period in the first half leading to their goal, we were by far the most attacking and pretty much he whole of the second half was one way traffic. On another day, Shinji's great first half shot on the run and all those Second half shots that went straight at their goalie would have gone in. I think he was MOTM and without him we would have walked this. Credit to Ranieri for bringing in more speed and quality to go for it. It would been meltdown if we'd lost but let's get some perspective. We got outplayed by Southampton by playing the wrong system. That same team beat Liverpool twice and deserved more. DD isn't playing with the same intensity as last season and the back line are struggling. But Gray, Mahrez, Okazaki, Mussa and even Albrighton  , looked closer to last season( yes I know musta wasn't here then, but his attacking intent is what I mean). 

Derby were literally hanging on for pretty much the whole second half.

still in the cup, that's all that matters for now. COYB!!!

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Andy King was dross again. I'm hoping Ndidi was rested tonight and not dropped for Kingy. 

I think the stats will say differently and our midfield tonight was 100% better than against Southampton when we were often overwhelmed. Not only that but we didn't lose either, never mind by 3-0 going on five or six. 

49 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

A worrying amount of over cautious backwards and sideways passes at 2-1 down, did Claudio get a Louis Van Gaal coaching manual for Christmas?

I dont think ist Claudio,1 or 2 times in the 1st half, then even shouting more angrily in the 2nd, he was losing it with Drinkwater and King.

telling them to move forward. I really believe a few players, are not putting in a shift for the team or Claudio.

Something that I thought before xmas was a no , no.  !!!  Bench Drinkwater!!!

, play Mendy Ndidi, and when back Amartey or again Okazaki in midfield as a box to box Player.

Not as a Kamakazi   forward.

It was Danny who kept breaking up our play at the wrong time, in many games since turn of the  year,

after his return.

Tonight in the 2nd half he was not aggressive enough, in driving forward.Too many easy passes.

Kasper

Simpson

Huth

Morgan/Amartey

Chilwell

Amartey/Shinji

Mahrez

Mendy

Ndidi

Slimani

Vardy/Gray.

I would hope, that before Burnley, that Morgan takes a knock..

It's quite incredible that we've become less of a passing side the longer Ranieri has been here. He should be ripping Huth and Morgan to pieces for these aimless long balls, it's not good enough. Admittedly Andy King is not the sort of man you want to pass to as its coming straight back but we're more route one than most League Two teams.

1 minute ago, TrentFox said:

That's fine. Your opinion is your right. But how you view the world colours your universe. Against Saints we were doggo. Tonight we were better. There are many teams who would gladly swap places to still be involved in the tournament. I will reflect on tonight's positives in my eyes. You will reflect on the negatives. Neither of our interpretations will have any impact on anything to do with our team. But which one of us do you think will have the better evening? 

Errr... both will have an equally good evening hopefully. Saying that I expect more from my team doesn't make me sucidal?Bloody hell when did we get so philosophical on here. 

Poor performance to say the least, but still should have won with the easy chances that we missed in the second half.

I could go through the starting eleven, and probably rip into every one of them tonight to be honest, but i just can`t be arsed, a bit like some of them don`t seem to be arsed!

Guest bennytwohats

Still in the draw. After the way things were going that's a positive. Although it's a shame as we were massively on top towards the end. Awful in the first half.

had to enjoy Bents own goal though, imagine this place if that was Wes ?

5 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

He's playing with baboons, feel sorry for the lad.

Those " baboons" won us the only title in 132 years.

And what did you do last season .

Probably won the World Cup in Fifa 16.

That, of course, would be a much greater achievement.

We, the fans, have every right in the world to criticize the

players, but not to insult them.

And calling them baboons is an insult.

Right?

Just now, Ric Flair said:

It's quite incredible that we've become less of a passing side the longer Ranieri has been here. He should be ripping Huth and Morgan to pieces for these aimless long balls, it's not good enough. Admittedly Andy King is not the sort of man you want to pass to as its coming straight back but we're more route one than most League Two teams.

It's because they are actually shit with the ball at their feet. 

Just now, Johnthefoxrayner said:

Why can't we play the ball to feet instead of hoofing the ball in the air 

Huth, Morgan and Simpson just don't look comfortable on the ball at all. They have a poor touch, they panic, they waste precious seconds with a slow thought process and that first thought is always negative and to get it away from themselves - Cue the floated long ball to any half decent defender to easily deal with and make Vardy's runs a waste of time.

Vardy has a lot to answer for, but you see the type of through balls he was getting last year and accurate passing into open areas. That has completely gone out the window and there is very little he can do with a high, slow floated ball into a crowded area of towering CB's. 

2 minutes ago, Thracian said:

I think the stats will say differently and our midfield tonight was 100% better than against Southampton when we were often overwhelmed. Not only that but we didn't lose either, never mind by 3-0 going on five or six. 

He's so laborious with the ball, it's quite sad to see really. To think he used to be an attacking midfielder and now he has a nosebleed of he makes a positive pass or run. It's like he's had a stroke and his brain naturally wants him to go backwards or side ways, he is a shell of what he used to be. Not good enough.

Started well but last 20 minutes of the first half we looked very poor. 2nd half was a lot better and Carson saved them a good few times and we deserved the dreaded draw (or point as Savage said) 10 shots on target so I'm happy with the outcome but a better team would have destroyed our defence tonight....

Archived