Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Derby Away Post Match Thread 2 - 2

I think the ref had a decent game. We had so much of the ball it really showed that we don't know what to do with it, when we get it. There was the usual hoofing it from defence and the keeper to a little man and some dangerous passing back to Schmiechel. But well done for keeping going and eaking out a replay. Playing another game is fine when we are so out of form. 

3 minutes ago, adam said:

Terrible. Claudio completely clueless again. Pick a half arsed starting 11 and end up with a reply. Joy.

I'd defend Claudio this time round. Burnley is by far the bigger match. 

Some of our players were dreadful and confidence is shot to pieces. Hard for the manager to fix that overnight. 

Prior to this match I wasn't sold on Ramirez but our players look terrified of playing with the ball. What has happened to Drinky?! He's been awful for a while. Players who don't treat the ball like a hot potato are needed. 

Need more centre backs in the squad urgently too. 

Infinitely better than our Southampton performance and it is some credit to us that we virtually ran them to a standstill. 

We were far more dangerous in trying to pass the ball quickly and had wonderful chances to seal the match through Gray, Shinji, Vardy etc.

Gray did a lot of good things including supplying the cross for our equaliser but that only after so nearly giving the game away when he tried to dribble in no-man's land, lost possession and all but gifted Derby a goal.

That's what I mean about his need to improve but overall it was good to see us commit forwards to the attack one after the other and to carve out more chances in a half than we carved all game at Southampton and probably including the Middlesbrough match too.

Morgan rammed the carping of some of his critics down their throats with a really determined equalising header. If only Vardy had directed his own chance so subtly.

Mahrez made a difference by using his skills in tandem with his team-mates.

Kingy hardly gave the ball away once and fed all angles of attack as we committed so many men forward at times that Derby were just glad to run the ball into touch and take a breather.

It was drama til the end of course with Kasper making one vital save near the end but that was a classic cup-tie, entertaining, full of incident and a credit to both sides in the end.            

Vardy worst player on the pitch by a country mile.

Touch was awful. Missed a sitter. Movement off the ball was horrendous - 3 great examples:

1) First half when Okazaki broke and slipped over. Didn't pull wide to drag the defenders away but instead went for the greedy option of running head down towards goal.

2) Mahrez plays Drinkwater in, he hits a shot, rebounds out centre of the six yard box. Vardy nowhere to be seen.

3) Dying seconds, Mahrez surges forward 30 metres, there's 3 Leicester players in the attack and 5 Derby defenders. Mahrez jinks past one, looks up and Vardy is STOOD STILL back to goal on the edge of the box. Inevitably nothing came of it.

Guy is stealing a living off us at the moment. I'm sick to the back teeth of people sticking up for him because he's been absolutely dreadful all season. His attitude absolutely stinks and we're sinking £100k a week into this black hole.

I must have watched a different game.....we created the better chances, went for it throughout and looked the much better side. Granted the lads at the back look shot for confidence but attitude and commitment was good.

we need a break but keep that up and it will come!

Archived