Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Derby Away Post Match Thread 2 - 2

4 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Jeeezz, we weren't that bad! 

Some miserable feckers on here.

Had much the better of the game.

Draw was least we deserved tbf.

This. People are forgetting it's the FA Cup. The underdog almost always boosts their performance.

Just sayin'

9 minutes ago, Corky said:

Should've won with the second half chances, second goal to them was such bad defending. Gray looked lively.

Sigh....'Gray looked lively'...is that the best we got?

Fair result, but rubbish display against a very very average Derby side.

Use tonight as another learning experience.

Vardy needs to sit out for a while. Mahrez and Gray need to start with Slimani as a front 3.

Chilwell still not quite ready.

Simpson, Morgan and Huth looks so uncomfortable on the ball and we have to replace at least 2 of them in this window!

Albrighton and Okazaki for all their hard work and desire, simply don't have enough quality to play at the top level.

King, is the same as ever. Does the basics OK, but nothing else. We need a midfielder who is either a lot stronger defensively, or offers more in attack.

Drinkwater still looks well short of confidence and he is so essential for us. he also isn't working hard enough in defence, which he has no excuses for.

Mahrez although predictable with his turns inside on his left, still played a number of key through balls and along with Gray, looks the only player in our team who is comfortable on the ball.

Claudio was shouting for the players to keep it on the ground! At least he can see it is such an issue for us but he really shouldn't have to be telling them. They should already know and see how ineffective it is. 

Under no illusions though. We would have been easily beaten by a Premier League team. Derby were awful and can't see them being promoted any time soon. 

Want to see 4-3-3 and us sign Ramirez, 2 CB's and a RB in this window. Anything less, and I fear for us. 

6 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

We were the better side in my opinion. Having said that, Derby were also poor. 

They were but Russell should have nailed that chance and they should have had a pen - a half decent PL side would have buried us. I agree that we were marginally the better side but so porous at the back.

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Good job we sneaked the late one or your post and this whole forum would, I suspect, be reading rather differently.

Differently? Virtually every post has said how poor we are.

2 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

There was nothing positive about that.

There were lots of positives in that ! We were better than our last game. We looked 'bothered'. We created chances. We're still in the cup. We'll probably win the replay.  Some squad players got minutes in their legs. 

A major reality check. If there's no more transfers this window and the owners wont react, CR stays in denial and the players still maintain their lack of form I can't see us staying up. I can't name three teams worse than us in the Premier League at the moment, even naming two is a stretch. And if you have words to describe what our title-winning defenders turned into, please do tell because I cant seem to find any

Archived