Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Derby Away Post Match Thread 2 - 2

Just now, Thracian said:

You must have been watching another game. Even our possession stats emphasise the point and that even considering our defenders launched almost everything into the air and onto opponents head in the first half and weren't always constructive in the second for all that they improved.    

I was definitely watching the right game.  Bbc 1. Our defenders usually launch it forward because out midfield go completely missing. Andy king hasn't been good enough for about 8 years. He was lacking in league one. 

I have to say the BBC's coverage got right on my bristols. Long lingering shots of MacClaren on the bench or a shoot from above the stadium while the game was on. I just want to watch the match.

Just now, Webbo said:

I have to say the BBC's coverage got right on my bristols. Long lingering shots of MacClaren on the bench or a shoot from above the stadium while the game was on. I just want to watch the match.

Thought that as well. I like Chris Powell but they seemed to stick on him for 30 second or so while fans were roaring. Something obviously happening but god knows what.

43 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

We should have won the game, but for poor finishing we'd have won comfortably. Slimani would definitely have scored at least one of them chances. Derby goals came from nowhere, someone needs to be sacked if we don't sign a defender before Tuesday. 

Macia and Rudkin?

It's their job to bring in new players.

5 minutes ago, adam said:

I was definitely watching the right game.  Bbc 1. Our defenders usually launch it forward because out midfield go completely missing. Andy king hasn't been good enough for about 8 years. He was lacking in league one. 

Kingy's record's the best of all the midfielders in our history. His list of honours is extensive and one manager after another has chosen to pick him for all the countless players who arrived aspiring to take his place.

"Not good enough?" This period has been arguably the best since we were formed last century and has certainly been the best Leicester team I've ever seen including the Davie Gibson days.

And Kingy's played a big part in all of it.  .   .   

4 minutes ago, Webbo said:

McClaren's hair is so atrocious it does deserve extended screen time though. 

IMG_0508.JPG

Thought we were the better team tonight. They had two efforts two goals first half and we created far more chances over the 90. 

Given that Derby have conceded very few at Pride Park and have an excellent record under McLaren  at home, I thought it was an encouraging display

Very much agree that Ramirez and a ball playing defender would improve us greatly, and Slimani for Vardy and Ndidi for King. With Mahrez looking sharp, many reasons to be cheerful. 

Unbelievable...we should have won, a tricky away match against a team that will end up in the Championship playoffs, and beat West Brom away last round, oh and we are in the draw for the 5th round on Monday. Had shitter times? I can count a hundred worse than this....lets see Wolves away 3-0 up at half time, lost 4-3..losing 1-5 to Villa at home.......thought we had our passion back, some decent individual performances (Chilwell, Kasper, Drinky, Albrighton, Simpson ( What did Ince do?), Mahrez, Gray....even Vardy looked sharper....)stop moaning about a fully deserved 2-2 draw that only one team (us) looked like winning,and get behind them...lot better for me

20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He's so laborious with the ball, it's quite sad to see really. To think he used to be an attacking midfielder and now he has a nosebleed of he makes a positive pass or run. It's like he's had a stroke and his brain naturally wants him to go backwards or side ways, he is a shell of what he used to be. Not good enough.

I lament the loss of his attacking energies and scoring instinct as much as anyone but he did loads to keep us ticking over tonight and would keep doing that if we'd actually field a balanced team of passers which moved backwards and forwards as one.

instead, our back line is one section, the midfield another, Vardy's usually nowhere to the and Shinji's on the floor. It all needs to be linked and no-one at Southampton looked like linking anything. .         

6 minutes ago, Thracian said:

Kingy's record's the best of all the midfielders in our history. His list of honours is extensive and one manager after another has chosen to pick him for all the countless players who arrived aspiring to take his place.

"Not good enough?" This period has been arguably the best since we were formed last century and has certainly been the best Leicester team I've ever seen including the Davie Gibson days.

Doesn't change the fact that he's good enough for a premier league starting place though.

This place is great.

sometimes I wonder if I inhabit a parallel universe

could do without another fixture in between yanited and swansea but hopefully another couple of players coming in which will mean some rotation won't weaken us too much and we can get a confidence boosting home win. 

occasionally Lady Luck looks like she has deserted you. surprised we got the equaliser given what went before - minutes 60 to 85 reminded me of Bournemouth home last season when we couldn't create anything against 10 men camped behind the ball.   We need a player like Ramirez to open some doors - teams can't double up on several players.

and a new centre back who can pass  - please !!

9 minutes ago, Thracian said:

He has been a bit part player in every single season.  

8 minutes ago, Thracian said:

All true. And absolutely an argument for people having some respect in terms of the way they talk about Kingy. But it's not a compelling argument for his continued appearance as a starter. Indeed to me it sound like special pleading. 

Derby got very lucky.

Vardy, Gray, Drinkwater and Okazaki all booted the ball straight at Carson from 8 yards. Yard either side and it's easy as you like.

we just have to sort out our possession game though, we're a miserable side to watch. Passing between Drinkwater and King before one of them is closed down too much and has to play it to one of the donkeys in defence who aimlessly boots it. Please please please can we sign a centre half who is comfortable  it's the ball at his feet. Chuck 25m at Burnley for Keane.

Archived