Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Derby Away Post Match Thread 2 - 2

4 minutes ago, Thracian said:

I think the stats will say differently and our midfield tonight was 100% better than against Southampton when we were often overwhelmed. Not only that but we didn't lose either, never mind by 3-0 going on five or six. 

You honestly think King had a big impact (or any) on the game? 

1 minute ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

Those " baboons" won us the only title in 132 years.

And what did you do last season .

Probably won the World Cup in Fifa 16.

That, of course, would be a much greater achievement.

We, the fans, have every right in the world to criticize the

players, but not to insult them.

And calling them baboons is an insult.

Right?

Yes you are right there is no need for that 

3 minutes ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

Right?

I actually won 2 world cups and a champions league, but none of that matters apparently;) it's not an insult, it's constructive criticism.

4 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Claudio, please don't play Okazaki anymore.

Worringly, he had more impact than Vardy lol

Still not a positive impact as such, just one where you think he is going to do something, but then he just falls over instead. 

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's quite incredible that we've become less of a passing side the longer Ranieri has been here. He should be ripping Huth and Morgan to pieces for these aimless long balls, it's not good enough. Admittedly Andy King is not the sort of man you want to pass to as its coming straight back but we're more route one than most League Two teams.

I've noticed that. It is kinda weird that we played more football under a manager who played in England in the 80's and 90's than we do under a foreign manager. It just goes against the stereotype really. 

3 minutes ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

Right?

These baboons have let the fans and the manager down this season. The majority have been a disgrace since the first kick in pre season. 

4 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Claudio, please don't play Okazaki anymore.

Why? At least he looked hungry compared to Vardy. Drop him if anyone. Compare his lame effort straight at their goalie compared to Bent's header. At least Okazaki made their goalie pull off a great save for his long range shot when running at their defence

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's quite incredible that we've become less of a passing side the longer Ranieri has been here. He should be ripping Huth and Morgan to pieces for these aimless long balls, it's not good enough. Admittedly Andy King is not the sort of man you want to pass to as its coming straight back but we're more route one than most League Two teams.

Kingy only passes back when it's either risky to turn with the ball or he doesn't know the situation behind him...something that others need to learn to do as well. He keeps possession almost constantly and became clearly more effective the more we committed men forward because so often this season we've not done that and it's reflected in our woeful "goals scored" record.      

We have been playing sh1t and not looking like we care. Tonight at least we looked like we cared.

Derby playing the big boys from next door is a lift. Prem champions is a lift.

We had everything to lose. With a little luck at the start of the second we would have smashed them.

We got away with what was never going to be an easy game whatever some of you think.

What was the game plan tonight?

I think a draw was probably a fair result and if anyone was gonna win it, it was us.

But that aside...trying to analyse what we were doing.....I couldn't see any plan or any real tactic. We went long often, but did go shorter, to feet, too.

But were we trying to get it onto the flanks quickly, or stay more central?

One of the biggest worries for me is that I just couldn't tell. 

Rather than 'Gray looked lively' or whatever, I'd like someone to try to explain our game plan tonight. I couldn't see a coherent one?

9 minutes ago, holyfox said:

For all those moaning about how crap we were.. check out the stats. We have no god given right to win any match, but we were by far the better team

IMG_2801.PNG

After last season we of all people should know stats mean **** all.

Last season our stats would have been like Derby's but we'd have won the game.

We can't pick and choose when to use them, we'd have took the piss out of opposing fans using the 'we won on stats' line last season.

7 minutes ago, holyfox said:

Glad to see some

balance. Apart from a period in the first half leading to their goal, we were by far the most attacking and pretty much he whole of the second half was one way traffic. On another day, Shinji's great first half shot on the run and all those Second half shots that went straight at their goalie would have gone in. I think he was MOTM and without him we would have walked this. Credit to Ranieri for bringing in more speed and quality to go for it. It would been meltdown if we'd lost but let's get some perspective. We got outplayed by Southampton by playing the wrong system. That same team beat Liverpool twice and deserved more. DD isn't playing with the same intensity as last season and the back line are struggling. But Gray, Mahrez, Okazaki, Mussa and even Albrighton  , looked closer to last season( yes I know musta wasn't here then, but his attacking intent is what I mean). 

Derby were literally hanging on for pretty much the whole second half.

still in the cup, that's all that matters for now. COYB!!!

Are you saying Shinji was MOTM for THIS game? If that's the case, the other 27 players should find new careers ...

1 minute ago, Thracian said:

Kingy only passes back when it's either risky to turn with the ball or he doesn't know the situation behind him...something that others need to learn to do as well. He keeps possession almost constantly and became clearly more effective the more we committed men forward because so often this season we've not done that and it's reflected in our woeful "goals scored" record.      

Oh come on. Andy king was out of his depth again tonight.  He gets away with murder.  The bloke should be no where near our first team. 

Just now, Matt said:

After last season we of all people should know stats me **** all.

Last season our stats would have been like Derby's but we'd have won the game.

We can't pick and choose when to us them, we'd have took the piss out of opposing fans using the 'we won on stats' line last season.

Fair point, but I genuinely don't think we were lucky to get a draw as some would say. Just ttying to show that we weren't as bad as all the negative posts would suggest. 

9 minutes ago, Thracian said:

I think the stats will say differently and our midfield tonight was 100% better than against Southampton when we were often overwhelmed. Not only that but we didn't lose either, never mind by 3-0 going on five or six. 

If that's an indirect defence for King and/or Drinkwater it's a poor attempt. Craig Bryson showed King in one minute what a midfielder is suppose to do when attacking forward. ****ing Craig bryson. Southampton should be our level. Not bloody Derby! All the stats show is king was at his level to tonight. 

I will say one thing. I've criticised Ranieri this season but the players showed today they don't want play for him. The hoof up top is clearly not coming from him. Sort yourselves out or **** off. 

1 minute ago, adam said:

Oh come on. Andy king was out of his depth again tonight.  He gets away with murder.  The bloke should be no where near our first team. 

You must have been watching another game. Even our possession stats emphasise the point and that even considering our defenders launched almost everything into the air and onto opponents head in the first half and weren't always constructive in the second for all that they improved.    

8 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Although Morgan scored, he is well past his best.  How can we be so reliant on him, he has played every single game

Absolutelty. He was shocking. Glad for him that he got that equaliser on an otherwise chastening night. His race is unfortunately run.

We created chances, several chances which is a big positive as we didn't even have a sniff at Southampton.

Defence needs replacing. I wonder if Arsenal's summer offer for Vardy still stands. They haven't signed another striker and if Wenger wants him he can have him now. I'd ring them and say have him for 25 million. 100,000 a week. The highest paid Leicester City player ever... Sickening.

Offer Liverpool Vardy for Sturridge?

Its not that he's out of form he's barely even trying. If he was running his guts out and not scoring as many fine. He's just not bothered anymore he has huge money and nothing to 'prove' after last season.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but paying a player 100k a week who used to show up drunk to training (allegedly) seems a little ludicrous. 

Got out of jail and that was dog shit.

Thankfully we played a team even worse at defending corners than us. 

Morgan might have scored but he's gash. ****ing donkey. Huth is only marginally better. 

Vardy doesn't offer **** all but gets no service except in the air. Having to play as  s target man all the time. 

Shite game. Shite performance. Deserved a draw but were lucky and fortunate 

Archived