Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simpmeister

Club statement on Claudio's future

It's their decision, they know the goings on more than we do so I'm happy to back whatever they do. If we don't see some sort of response the the next two games though, I see no way out of it because there is literally no indication we're good enough this season.

So long as they back their decision with their money if we go down then fine. Starting with the nice little fine we'll have to pay for trying to cook the books during promotion.

1 minute ago, Lako42 said:

There you have it for those that were in any doubt.

He is staying and rightly so.

I wonder how many people who are turning against the bloke will check themselves purely based on that excellent (but unnecessary) statement from the club?

I will continue to support a man who deserves it more than any other in the clubs history, those that don't want to support him and want him gone should vote with their feet or 100% back him, I think most have been doing but plenty haven't.

I'm not sure anybody 'wants him gone' but rather if the form doesn't change then it will become a necessity. Stating that 'togetherness, determination' etc is what won us the League and is what we will stick with is a bit galling given that there doesn't appear to be a single ounce of togetherness or determination. If they don't mind us being relegated, fine.

I know what the vote of confidence usually means, but we've never seen one of these from these owners so I'll take their word for it.

Pleased about this. I was veering towards he should go but have never said it purely because I can hardly bring myself to do so because I love the guy. That said, this will hopefully kick everyone into gear so we can just focus on the football until the end of the season. I am worried about how we seem to have regressed off the pitch and I'll be even more worried if we go down, but at least we all know where we stand for now so we can just get on with it.

2 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

I wonder how many people who are turning against the bloke will check themselves purely based on that excellent (but unnecessary) statement from the club?

I will continue to support a man who deserves it more than any other in the clubs history, those that don't want to support him and want him gone should vote with their feet or 100% back him, I think most have been doing but plenty haven't.

I have turned against him as rhe manager of my football club. I've got nothing against him as a person.  Why would that statement change my opinion in any way?

And by "vote with their feet" I presume you mean stay away from games?  Why should those who think he is not the right man any longer for the job do that?  It is possible to want the manager sacked and still be a supporter of the team, is it not?

If there is no improvement, if our defenders continue to make basic elementary mistakes, if our midfield fail to track runners, to pass simple balls and look for movement and to create, if our strikers fail to press from the front, to do what they are good at then Ranieri can say what he wants, the owners can release whatever bullshit statements they want, but nothing will change the fact that we are going down and that neither the manager nor the players can turn it around. When that stark reality hits home, it'll probably be too late. Admirable to be loyal, stupid if it doesn't pay off. Long gone are the days of loyalty to managers. It's too easy to look at short term success, look at Hull and Swansea's revival and not follow suit. Right now there are no signs of positivity, there's not one shining light in attack or defence. This is as bad as it gets for a team during a season, when they are in freefall. We will soon be resigned to our fate and the emotion of what we're going through will lose it's intensity, the seriousness of our problems seem to be being gambled with by hope rather than belief.

8 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

That's it then, we are down. Gutted to have only lasted 3 seasons up after waiting 10 years to get back, particularly after a lot of that time was so wildly successful. Lack of ambition was clear last summer in hindsight and its now proven just how much luck was involved in last season. We do not have football people at the top of the club and without Pearson they've been exposed for that, not for the first time.

Yeah, that's it, we all stop going to games, tell the players to stop trying and resign ourselves to going down and when we do nothing will ever be the same again, that's it then oh well. 

And yeah its so gutting isn't it, I mean its not like we achieved anything, I wish Pearson was still here to apparently control everything and tell everyone what to do because the club has clearly fallen apart and done nothing in his absence, we are totally exposed laughing stocks who will fall into oblivion.

Jeeez, I mean I know getting relegated isn't ideal but bleeding heck it wouldn't be the end of the world, the club would still be around and we would still have WON THE PREMIER LEAGUE. Honestly coming onto these boards is so annoying, its like everyone is almost happy that they have something to moan and whine about again.

WE WON THE PREMIER LEAGUE, I'm only 24 and so supposed to be obsessed with the premier league but honestly if we are playing the championship next season so bloody what, we won the premier league under a manager who absolutely 100% deserves to be backed, even if we go down. 

Some people are acting like we are 15 points adrift, a couple of wins and we will be back on track, have some faith and more importantly have some respect for the greatest manager in our history

7 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

It's possible to actually back the manager and want him to succeed, whilst also thinking we might have more points of the board if a sack of coal was in charge this season. I don't want him gone... I want him to sort the fecker out, but he's clearly clueless as to what will do that.

I just pray someone manages to get everyone together behind the scenes. Whether it take the Chairman to crack a few heads, or the players themselves.

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The 'speculation' hasn't been that bad has it? A few grumblings here and there but it's not like it was when they came out and backed Pearson when it was widely reported he had been sacked. It's pretty grim reading on here but the newspapers haven't been that bad. 

I think the media never ever thought we were in danger of going down until the last couple of games. It's as if they haven't really been watching our games, just going through the motions and being happy that order has been restored with the big clubs. Media and fans who don't support us will have assumed we're due a good patch and then we'd just scrabble about mid table, neither embarrassing or annoying anyone. Scratch the surface here though and we are in freefall, our performances and results since the start of winter have been diabolical. 2017 has really manifested this and we're well and truly in the mire now. The press will finally be all over that, still thankful we're not upsetting the applecart at the top.

The point being the owners want him and he stays.

If any of the players now feel they don't want to play for him and want to stab the bloke in the back then they should go to the owners and inform them. The owners should then thank them for their service and politely tell them to **** off.

And of course it's possible to want the manager to change but still support the team, that's why I said stay and support him.

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It's their decision, they know the goings on more than we do so I'm happy to back whatever they do. If we don't see some sort of response the the next two games though, I see no way out of it because there is literally no indication we're good enough this season.

So long as they back their decision with their money if we go down then fine. Starting with the nice little fine we'll have to pay for trying to cook the books during promotion.

Hoping this means the rumours of dressing room unrest are untrue then. Surely, if a large group of players were kicking off over Claudio, then the owners would be less inclined to show him this unwavering support. It would be a crazy business decision to stick with a manager if the players had completely lost faith in him. This, along with Claudio saying that there is no issue at all with any players, and they are all behind him, makes me think that is not the problem at least.

Complacency, low confidence and lack of Kante as well as many more games this season, seem a more likely set of reasons due to our awful form.  

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think the media never ever thought we were in danger of going down until the last couple of games. It's as if they haven't really been watching our games, just going through the motions and being happy that order has been restored with the big clubs. Media and fans who don't support us will have assumed we're due a good patch and then we'd just scrabble about mid table, neither embarrassing or annoying anyone. Scratch the surface here though and we are in freefall, our performances and results since the start of winter have been diabolical. 2017 has really manifested this and we're well and truly in the mire now. The press will finally be all over that, still thankful we're not upsetting the applecart at the top.

Spot on....

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think there's a lot of ignorance from the media and fans in general. I spent so long convincing people last year that we could win the league now I'm trying to convince the same people that we could go down. I've said all season we aren't safe and it's true.

I don't know what it is about this time of year. It was two years ago at this time that Pearson got the boot and then reinstated. It was this time last year we really did convince people we were going to do it with that win at Man City. It's right now where we're being exposed for the shambles that we've become - the worst side in the division.

i hope this really is the time when people buck their ideas up but I doubt it will be. That camaraderie is history.

Agree with a lot of posters above.

Im still incredibly disheartened by the fact we aren't as ruthless as other relegation candidates, who have already started getting a points return from sacking their managers.

I don't see the tide turning with Claudio in charge but if they're sticking with him there's nothing we can do but at least attempt to get behind him, that's the only contribution we can make.

I genuinely fear for this clubs future though and I do think relegation is very likely and would plunge us into some very dark times, with potential financial uncertainty, a dysfunction squad and a manager who I wouldn't class as cut out for the championship (do think he'd leave if we got relegated which would frustrate me even more so). 

Relegation would immensely taint my view on the squads achievement last season, yes we won the premier league, but at what cost? In my opinion this season could be the start of a downward spiral that might be unrecoverable.

Sorry for being all doom and gloom but I wanted to get the negative out before I try rather exasperatedly to get behind the team.

I hope in the summer there's a massive inquest in to the football club from top to bottom. Again, people who aren't following closely what's going on will find it scandalous that there's perceived turmoil at the club but take away last seasons success and what are we left with. We are left with a chief executive and directors who aren't experienced at managing a global football club, we had our chance this season to try and build this club and play with the big boys. We might have broken in to the top 20 richest clubs but we were nowhere near equipped to handle what that means. We've a Director of Football who I'm left scratching my head with, and this isn't the first time we've appointed someone vastly inexperienced for this role. We did it with Andrew Neville under Sven and that was seen as a disaster. Interestingly the time we did appoint an experienced DOF in Terry Robinson it was he who was held culpable for our troubles under Pearson when bottom of the league in 14/15. It's appearing right now that Rudkin can do what he wants without being held accountable.

Our recruitment in the last 18 months has been nothing short of disgraceful, the targets, the way we've tried to get deals done, all of it has been horrifying. I'm left bewildered at what Rudkin actually does that's of worth?

On to Ranieri, if he just about keeps us up which right now is a pipe dream then is that satisfactory? Is there enough light at the end of the tunnel to show signs of improvement. Forget last season, are we showing signs of improving in the PL? Have we learnt from 14/15 and become a better squad for it? Are we playing football? Are we showing a great work ethic, fitness levels or team spirit? Are the fans getting a rapport with the players? Do we feel like there's a long term game plan? Is there a clear identity to the types of players that we bring in? Are they improving our XI? Is there a plan to replace the aging defenders we have?

When you weigh up the senior staff off the pitch, the management and the players this season it's very very bleak. I don't see how scraping to stay up gives any impetus for this whole club to stay as it is. There's a feeling of hopelessness with me that I'm not sure how we get to see the changes that need to be made. I don't think the thai owners have enough footballing knowledge to make such decisions and neither do I believe they are at the point where they'd tear it all up and start again. So at best we are only able to make changes to the on field game with the management and players. Well if that's the case there's still no genuine signs of encouragement that long term Ranieri is building anything here. He's dismantling what we had and leaving us shot to pieces.

I see no point in this unwavering support from the owners. We are in freefall, this isn't a sticky patch it's a blood bath. We are going down.

25 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Luck? Honestly you think last season was luck? 

Why are you talking like we are down? I just don't get a mindset like this? Probably best to give up with football and focus your life somewhere else 

No, but then I didn't say that. I said luck was involved. It certainly wasn't because of the football knowledge of anyone at the top of the club, which is why we were lucky that the holistic management of Pearson built so soundly that we were in a position for last season to be possible.

Because I go to games and have working eyes? Mate if Leicester being shit was enough to put me off following the club I'd have sacked it all off years ago. It's not that simple sadly.

5 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Agree with a lot of posters above.

Im still incredibly disheartened by the fact we aren't as ruthless as other relegation candidates, who have already started getting a points return from sacking their managers.

I don't see the tide turning with Claudio in charge but if they're sticking with him there's nothing we can do but at least attempt to get behind him, that's the only contribution we can make.

I genuinely fear for this clubs future though and I do think relegation is very likely and would plunge us into some very dark times, with potential financial uncertainty, a dysfunction squad and a manager who I wouldn't class as cut out for the championship (do think he'd leave if we got relegated which would frustrate me even more so). 

Relegation would immensely taint my view on the squads achievement last season, yes we won the premier league, but at what cost? In my opinion this season could be the start of a downward spiral that might be unrecoverable.

Sorry for being all doom and gloom but I wanted to get the negative out before I try rather exasperatedly to get behind the team.

I think if their manager had won the league the season before, then they would also have been sticking with him. 

If Claudio hadn't had won the league last season and simply avoided relegation or even finished in the top 10, then he would have been sacked already.

Like you said though, the owners have made their choice and he will be in charge until the end of the season no matter what, so we all just have to get on with it now.

I don't think Claudio will be with us in the Championship though if we do go down. I can respect the owners decision to give him an opportunity now to keep us up, but if he fails, then 100% has to go. 

24 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Agree there, but the point I was making is that the statement reads as though there's been widespread rumours of a sacking, where there haven't been. 

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Agree there, but the point I was making is that the statement reads as though there's been widespread rumours of a sacking, where there haven't been. 

Yes sorry, I did miss the point you were making and it kind of shows through as being irksome from the club.

28 minutes ago, cheshamfox17 said:

Yeah, that's it, we all stop going to games, tell the players to stop trying and resign ourselves to going down and when we do nothing will ever be the same again, that's it then oh well. 

And yeah its so gutting isn't it, I mean its not like we achieved anything, I wish Pearson was still here to apparently control everything and tell everyone what to do because the club has clearly fallen apart and done nothing in his absence, we are totally exposed laughing stocks who will fall into oblivion.

Jeeez, I mean I know getting relegated isn't ideal but bleeding heck it wouldn't be the end of the world, the club would still be around and we would still have WON THE PREMIER LEAGUE. Honestly coming onto these boards is so annoying, its like everyone is almost happy that they have something to moan and whine about again.

WE WON THE PREMIER LEAGUE, I'm only 24 and so supposed to be obsessed with the premier league but honestly if we are playing the championship next season so bloody what, we won the premier league under a manager who absolutely 100% deserves to be backed, even if we go down. 

Some people are acting like we are 15 points adrift, a couple of wins and we will be back on track, have some faith and more importantly have some respect for the greatest manager in our history

Sadly attitudes like this are a big part of the problem. The lack of ambition from the club trickled down to players and fans who started not caring what happened anymore because apparently football finished in May 2016. Baffling to see this from someone so young though, you could semi-understand why this sort of mindset could be the preserve of older fans who've been around the block and seen the lot etc, but you'd think the younger crowd would want more.

Maybe this statement and also the fact that the owners whole heartedly back Claudio will and I really hope does give a kick up the arse to all those underachieving little shits and now known that the owners will not tolerate the so called player power by totally backing Claudio.

Claudio now needs to take the ball by the horns and stamp me stamp any player bullshit out !

He needs to now find his squad that will fight for him Morgan and Huth need resting this new guy on loan needs to start tomorrow night instead of Huth  and we need to replace Morgan with Benny Chilwell for Fuchs and Mendy for Simpson !

Midfielders Gray Amartey  Kaputska Mahrez and upfront Slimani and Ulloa 

3-2-3-2 formation 

Bench Vardy etc this is an ideal scenario the fa cup replay to not only give game time but to show our underachieving stars food for thought !

i for one would rather concentrate on our bread and butter which is the Premier league survival maybe the lot that played Sunday do need a rest for an important game the weekend against Swansea !

Then we can concentrate on Swansea and then a game at a time and stay up with pride !!!!

Archived