Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simpmeister

Club statement on Claudio's future

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

I think if their manager had won the league the season before, then they would also have been sticking with him. 

If Claudio hadn't had won the league last season and simply avoided relegation or even finished in the top 10, then he would have been sacked already.

Like you said though, the owners have made their choice and he will be in charge until the end of the season no matter what, so we all just have to get on with it now.

I don't think Claudio will be with us in the Championship though if we do go down. I can respect the owners decision to give him an opportunity now to keep us up, but if he fails, then 100% has to go. 

But he wouldn't have been sacked. Last year the owners asked him if he would stay as manager even if we got relegated. The fact we went and won the league just put a massive spanner of expectation in the works. 

39 minutes ago, Wdywd said:

When we soar to a top half finish and a cup/CL double I expect written apologies from all the doubters :)

If that happens I will write a letter of apology of at least two pages long to Claudio myself apologising. Happy to be proven wrong. However, that statement is not a magic wand.  We are still in disarray and have no leader to bring what troops together. We are about to be the laughing stock the world over. 

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

But he wouldn't have been sacked. Last year the owners asked him if he would stay as manager even if we got relegated. The fact we went and won the league just put a massive spanner of expectation in the works. 

I'm talking about this season. Of course no manager would have been sacked for keeping us up last season. 

The fact he won the league, means that the owners are now much more leniant than other relegation threatened clubs, and a reason why they have sacked their underperforming managers but why we have kept ours.

If we had finished 10th last season, then Claudio would have been sacked by now on his current form. 

If Palace had won the league last season with Pardew, then he would still be in his job. 

5 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Sadly attitudes like this are a big part of the problem. The lack of ambition from the club trickled down to players and fans who started not caring what happened anymore because apparently football finished in May 2016. Baffling to see this from someone so young though, you could semi-understand why this sort of mindset could be the preserve of older fans who've been around the block and seen the lot etc, but you'd think the younger crowd would want more.

But what is more? I mean we aren't going to win the league again, we are unlikely to qualify for Europe again, I'd love to see us win the FA Cup in my lifetime but I am satisfied to have a team to watch who play in a good stadium and a high level (the prem or the championship,) maybe that makes me an anomaly but I'd rather be like that than become like say Arsenal fans who are always so disappointed despite being a position 85 odd clubs would love to have.

The weird thing for me is that some of the older fans are acting like the Premier League is everything and that it is a disaster if we get relegated, it would be annoying sure but I love watching Leicester and don't really care if its in the premier league or the championship. Its not that I don't care its just that I don't see relegation as such a catastrophe. Apart from last season both our seasons in the premier league have been watching us lose most weeks playing not particularly great football

Personally I'd be surprised if Claudio is here next season, I think he knows he can't top last season's triumph and now it's about going through motions. Unless we have good run and finish above say 12th then I think he'll step down. Winning the league of course was great for him but at the same time he probably thought "well what can I do next?, the big clubs will come in and nick our best players. So I can't build on this squad, it's an ageing team. Won't be able to compete with the bigger clubs when it comes to transfers, despite winning the league some players will still consider the club small". 

1 minute ago, daddylonglegs said:

I'm confused... why is a vote of confidence a sign he's getting sacked?!

Vote of confidences are rarely what they look like.

Looks to me like the owners are giving him one more chance and that a statement like this means he can concentrate on the job without the speculation going on around him.

Just now, AKCJ said:

Looks to me like the owners are giving him one more chance and that a statement like this means he can concentrate on the job without the speculation going on around him.

Oh I see. As in 'lose at Swansea and you're toast as there's no excuses' type of vote of confidence?

Just now, AKCJ said:

I keep saying this ...  He isn't going.  They have issued the statement to shut the media up and to reduce the anxiety that is prevalent at the moment.  He has a target ...   to keep us up.  If he doesn't achieve that they may well replace him. ...    at the end of the season ...   not before. 

1 hour ago, Wdywd said:

Anyone who doesn't love this man is dead inside

He seems a very nice, humble and likeable man with a lot of passion. He's definitely a 'good guy'.

The ideal situation would be for him to turn this around and stay in a job here.

But this message signifies that he's on borrowed time.

24 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Agree with a lot of posters above.

Im still incredibly disheartened by the fact we aren't as ruthless as other relegation candidates, who have already started getting a points return from sacking their managers.

I don't see the tide turning with Claudio in charge but if they're sticking with him there's nothing we can do but at least attempt to get behind him, that's the only contribution we can make.

I genuinely fear for this clubs future though and I do think relegation is very likely and would plunge us into some very dark times, with potential financial uncertainty, a dysfunction squad and a manager who I wouldn't class as cut out for the championship (do think he'd leave if we got relegated which would frustrate me even more so). 

Relegation would immensely taint my view on the squads achievement last season, yes we won the premier league, but at what cost? In my opinion this season could be the start of a downward spiral that might be unrecoverable.

Sorry for being all doom and gloom but I wanted to get the negative out before I try rather exasperatedly to get behind the team.

I agree. I've got a bad feeling that this is the beginning of a very gloomy spell for us.

I want to be proven dead wrong, but I want to write this down here just so I can see how accurate I was.

Firstly, I think we will be relegated this season. I think a new manager may just be able to save us at this point, but probably not, and I don't think Ranieri will be sacked in time, anyway.

Next season in the Championship, I think we'll find it tough. The players don't appear to be able to get motivated playing at the top table, so I can only imagine what they'll be like in the league below. We will be the biggest scalp to have ever set foot in that division. Everyone will raise their game, and we could be getting bullied down there. The squad will probably need an overhaul, but that will be very difficult with the amount of overpaid players we have. The ones we'll be stuck with won't be up for it. They'll think the Football League is beneath them. Unless we get the right manager and we are lucky on the transfer market, I think we could easily be stuck in the Championship or below for years to come.

I would also like to apologise for the negativity, but I had to write this out somewhere I'd be able to find it in the future.

People saying it's a sign he's a goner have clearly paid no attention to our owners and the type of people they are over the last 5 years.

It is absolutely core to their beliefs and culture and they will be backing Claudio fully.

Stop basing real life on computer games and people like David Gold and Sullivan.

3 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

People saying it's a sign he's a goner have clearly paid no attention to our owners and the type of people they are over the last 5 years.

It is absolutely core to their beliefs and culture and they will be backing Claudio fully.

Stop basing real life on computer games and people like David Gold and Sullivan.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/275164/Leicester-4-Derby-0-Sven-Goran-Eriksson-repays-his-backers

Not always mate. He was gone a few weeks later.

1 hour ago, melrose said:

The dreaded vote of confidence

He's had it!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2213347/Nigel-Pearson-given-vote-confidence-Leicester-City-owners.html

Pearson had the dreaded vote of confidence in the Championship and wasn't fired a few games later.

Obviously things could change and the owners might decide a change is needed but I don't believe this vote of confidence is 'dreaded' and means Claudio is a dead man walking. Its a positive thing for reassurance to Claudio and the players and reduce the media storm which may be unsettling everyone at the club. 

3 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

That the same owners who sacked and reinstated Pearson in 24 hours season before last? lol

Obviously prone to changing their minds now and again.

Kind of like the club took a stance, but I really think that if this does not wake up the players then it is Championsship footie next season. Claudio has gotten quite a few promotions though hasn't he... I have given up on this shit show of a season and are expecting Sevilla to run riot at our non-confidence team. Hopefully we will take on the Championship like Newcastle and not like Villa.

Archived