Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simpmeister

Club statement on Claudio's future

Just now, Wdywd said:

Also shame on all the people writing down their doomsday scenarios so they can come back and say 'I told you so' later on if it all goes to shit

But it has been doomsday most of the season. We are not losing, we are getting slaugthered most of the time...

22 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

I'm confused... why is a vote of confidence a sign he's getting sacked?!

It's generally preceded by the adjective "dreaded" I'm struggling to remember any prominent manager changes where a vote of confidence from the board meant anything other than "you're circling the drain improve and quickly or you're gone"

32 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I'm talking about this season. Of course no manager would have been sacked for keeping us up last season. 

The fact he won the league, means that the owners are now much more leniant than other relegation threatened clubs, and a reason why they have sacked their underperforming managers but why we have kept ours.

If we had finished 10th last season, then Claudio would have been sacked by now on his current form. 

If Palace had won the league last season with Pardew, then he would still be in his job. 

They asked him if he would stay as manager if we went down when he took the job.

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

That the same owners who sacked and reinstated Pearson in 24 hours season before last? lol

Obviously prone to changing their minds now and again.

completely different, that was a decision taken by one person without the agreement of the other.

2 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

They asked him if he would stay as manager if we went down when he took the job.

I know. That was last season. It doesn't mean he will stay this season if we go down. 

A lot has changed since when he was first appointed. We have spent a lot of money on transfers and wages and our expectations/goals after last season rightly changed.

His job when first appointed was to try an avoid relegation. His job this season would have been to try and finish in the top 10. He is well short of that and will rightly be sacked if he fails to keep us up. 

Guest LCFC_World

Not the news I personally wanted to hear. The only positive I can think kg now is that the players will have no choice but to stick by Claudio 

2 minutes ago, LCFC_World said:

Not the news I personally wanted to hear. The only positive I can think kg now is that the players will have no choice but to stick by Claudio 

Even if they do, he needs to pull a game plan out of his arse. Because we currently don't have one and that's nothing to do with the players not being at 100%.

2 minutes ago, maddog said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2213347/Nigel-Pearson-given-vote-confidence-Leicester-City-owners.html

Pearson had the dreaded vote of confidence in the Championship and wasn't fired a few games later.

Obviously things could change and the owners might decide a change is needed but I don't believe this vote of confidence is 'dreaded' and means Claudio is a dead man walking. Its a positive thing for reassurance to Claudio and the players and reduce the media storm which may be unsettling everyone at the club. 

Different scenarios all together.

We were second in the league and had won 4 on the bounce.

3 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I know. That was last season. It doesn't mean he will stay this season if we go down. 

A lot has changed since when he was first appointed. We have spent a lot of money on transfers and wages and our expectations/goals after last season rightly changed.

His job when first appointed was to try an avoid relegation. His job this season would have been to try and finish in the top 10. He is well short of that and will rightly be sacked if he fails to keep us up. 

Well all i know is that a club statement's been issued saying claudio's not getting sacked, the owners coming over for a chat about backing him and they all look as happy as larry on the training pitch, including shakey and ranieri seemingly having tactical discussions. Now whether or not  that's just for the cameras is a different matter, but it looks to me like he's not getting sacked and we fans should back him and the team and not decide what his job or how it may end should be.

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

Well all i know is that a club statement's been issued saying claudio's not getting sacked, the owners coming over for a chat about backing him and they all look as happy as larry on the training pitch, including shakey and ranieri seemingly having tactical discussions. Now whether or not  that's just for the cameras is a different matter, but it looks to me like he's not getting sacked and we fans should back him and the team and not decide what his job or how it may end should be.

Totally agree. I think you're confused about my original post. 

He is staying now and it is good the owners have come out and said it. He and the players have 14 games to keep us in this league. 

If he fails to do that, then he should be sacked at the end of the season. 

2 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

I'm worried this unwavering support is the kind of unwavering support you give your child when they turn up last at school sports day.

What would you do then, give em a slap round the ear and point them in the direction of the nearest orphanage.

notice the last word on the statement -ends- which means it probably will be ending soon! these are the exact statements clubs give out all the time and then all of a sudden BOOM.it says the club will remain united behind it's manager it didn't say for how long!

Just now, yorkie1999 said:

What would you do then, give em a slap round the ear and point them in the direction of the nearest orphanage.

Neer, you just suffer the ensuing few years, and point them in the direction of an indoor job with no heavy lifting.

I still think we should give Ranners until the end of the season. And the fact he tried earlier in the season to change the formation, but the players wouldn't let him, is also favourable to him. And how the team itself is funnelled through Morgan, notably protected by the super human N'golo last season, suggests there may be some internal team difficulty. But since we've spent loads of money on brilliant new players, like we've never seen (except for Walsh's finds), and are still struggling in mid-February makes me a little less patient.

16 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

That was a private conversation (which maybe they weren't too happy about it being publicised)

this is a club statement

quite different 

the only way Claudio doesn't see out the season is resignation 

You really think we lose the next 8 games he's still going to be in charge?

They aren't stupid, they are just trying to galvanise the club behind the manager.

Guest LCFC_World

I feel if we lose on Sunday and get knocked out the cup the fans will turn against him, and it will be a very bitter atmosphere at the King Power. The owners would then probably be pressured to take action...

Archived