Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simpmeister

Club statement on Claudio's future

Good…. We'd be the biggest pariahs in sporting history if we did anything else and I , for one, would be deeply ashamed if we didn't afford him the time he so richly deserves

back him and let him turn round our season

That's it then, we are down. Gutted to have only lasted 3 seasons up after waiting 10 years to get back, particularly after a lot of that time was so wildly successful. Lack of ambition was clear last summer in hindsight and its now proven just how much luck was involved in last season. We do not have football people at the top of the club and without Pearson they've been exposed for that, not for the first time.

Whether this is intelligent or mindless optimism will soon be borne out.

I do wonder whether some of those applauding stuff like this, will continue to do so if we keep playing so poorly.

I'm nervous. I've watched City try to get back into the top flight for too many years for Ranieri to fook it all up this season. I sorely hope all those placing their faith in the man, THIS season, are correct to do so.

I expect fully that if they aren't, they'll twist it round to say he should have gone anyway.

At least the Thais have said something though. About time.

1 minute ago, allotment-fox said:

thats the view of the club and I respect that. Now we need a bigger response from the players on the field COYF

Yes we do. But we've needed this for months and they haven't delivered. Is this statement going to make a difference? I hope so, but I'm not convinced.

He's fighting back at least...

14:00

Goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel said the Foxes could be relegated if their "embarrassing" Premier League title defence continues earlier this week. 

His boss Claudio Ranieri says he agrees with him. 

"Kasper is one of my leaders and he wants to stimulate everyone.

"The dressing room is fantastic. We try to do our best, but this season everything is wrong.

"The relationship is the same as last season. I speak the same **** English and they understand me!"

What a guy....

"I said to my players, my door is always open. We have a fantastic relationship" he added.

4 minutes ago, somebum said:

to all the muppets saying this means hes a goner:

Our owners are not deadly Doug, Barry Fry, a retarded croc of Yanks or some crooked Russian exiled Oligarch. Our owners are Thai. You need to understand theirs is a culture of honour and respect. They dont say shit they dont mean. Im over the moon they have backed Claudio. You ungrateful fair weather muppets should do the same

I dont think there is a single leicester supporter who isnt greatful for last season...   But that does not mean we should accept relegation for this season.

Why are some people unable to seperate the two? How long should we extend our gratefullness for and excuse the performances of this season?

All it really tells me is that the Chairman are a bit clueless on the goings on and do not really understand the importance of staying up. It's a dull, unambitious statement basically saying 'We will try to stay up, but if not, nevermind'. Excellent news.

Just now, MPH said:

I dont think there is a single leicester supporter who isnt greatful for last season...   But that does not mean we should accept relegation for this season.

Why are some people unable to seperate the two? How long should we extend our gratefullness for and excuse the performances of this season?

Some people can't separate the two. They don't have the ability to think laterally.

3 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

That's it then, we are down. Gutted to have only lasted 3 seasons up after waiting 10 years to get back, particularly after a lot of that time was so wildly successful. Lack of ambition was clear last summer in hindsight and its now proven just how much luck was involved in last season. We do not have football people at the top of the club and without Pearson they've been exposed for that, not for the first time.

Luck? Honestly you think last season was luck? 

Why are you talking like we are down? I just don't get a mindset like this? Probably best to give up with football and focus your life somewhere else 

I think that's it then until the end of the season. No way they would have come out with this if he was only a game or two away from losing his job. 

I hope the owners or DOF will or have met with the players and told them or at very least implied, that Claudio is staying until the end of the season.

This will hopefully mean that any players who have been pushing for a change, will soon give up on that idea and just buckle down and get on with it.

He may be causing confusion and issues within the squad but if I were the players now, I would take it into our own hands, similar to the rumours of what Cambiasso did.

Claudio is picking much the same team of last season and also playing a similar system, so whether you agree with the manager's methods or tactics or not, just get on with it now and do your individual jobs a lot better than you have been. Like Neville said about Fuchs, there is no way that Claudio has instructed him not to stay with a man or defend so poorly. 

Claudio is staying no matter what, so get the hell on with it and play better! 

There you have it for those that were in any doubt.

He is staying and rightly so.

I wonder how many people who are turning against the bloke will check themselves purely based on that excellent (but unnecessary) statement from the club?

I will continue to support a man who deserves it more than any other in the clubs history, those that don't want to support him and want him gone should vote with their feet or 100% back him, I think most have been doing but plenty haven't.

I'd come to the conclusion that we were going down with him in charge.

I'd never shout it or boo at games, he deserves much more respect than that, but I think he ran out of ideas.

Now it appears that changing the manager is not an option, all that is left to do is get fully behind him (that includes both the fans and team) until the end, no matter what happens.

Hopefully this refocuses the squad, and ensures they just get on with the job without any speculation to distract them. 

As fans, let us use this as a new source of positivity- forget the league frustrations tomorrow night, this is a different competition and it all rests on the next game. Let's make a proper atmosphere again and see if we can't drag them back into a bit of form.

UP THE CITY

Archived