Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Swansea post match 2-0

The man is tactical losing it, brings on a man who score most of his goals via headers takes he's best crosser in Albrighton off! 

2-0 and he changes both fallbacks, would'nt mind if we had Roberto Carlos and Cafu on the bench but we don't.

Away from home in a must not lose game we only play to win the middle, Simpson gets dragged into the midfield due to lack of numbers leaving a gap in behind! 3 in the middle this doesn't happen!

Huth and Morgan, how many mistakes do they need to make before being dropped?!

2 minutes ago, jordanlcfc said:

Yeah i was Singing my head off. Yeah fans travel all the way and pay £30 to watch that shower of shit. Players Didnt warrant a backing after going 1/2 nil down but from the start no desire, no atmosphere for a massive game 

Oh I didn't hear you sorry ?... but fair play to you for singing your head off. That fact people went in this weather on a Sunday evening when it was on sky get my respect. I suppose when they heard the team news and realised it was same shit would have deflated every support who went to the game just like the supports watching on tv 

I never thought we would fight to retain our title but I honestly thought beginning of this season hey ho that was superb last season but we'll at least give a show of ourselves and perform like champions but we've only showed ourselves as sorry Chumps with players who have done it got the tee shirt the medal and the fooking huge pay rise and now it's like they don't give a fook and mugged off the owners Claudio and the fans !!

9 minutes ago, WilfND said:

The defence seem to bypass the midfield, long ball straight to vardy. It's not worked all season so why would it work now, pointless investing in a new midfielder if we dont play through them.

Gray tries, you can tell from his demeanour he is frustrated with the performances of individuals. 

Two of the subs should of started today, after their performances against derby. Benalouanne should be making the starting 11. 

As as much as I do think Ranieri should walk for refusing to change the back four. I do think he will get till after the Sevilla legs. ?

Probably the first leg - once we are three or four behind he will resign

The manager takes the blame today, for me. He had a chance to freshen things up after midweek and refused to do it, went back to the tried, tested and failed formula of the previous five weeks and lo and behold the same thing happens again.

No guarantees of course that the changes would've made a massive difference but it struck me today that however poorly some perform they've still get chosen and that isn't correct.

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

The man is tactical losing it, brings on a man who score most of his goals via headers takes he's best crosser in Albrighton off! 

2-0 and he changes both fallbacks, would'nt mind if we had Roberto Carlos and Cafu on the bench but we don't.

Away from home in a must not lose game we only play to win the middle, Simpson gets dragged into the midfield due to lack of numbers leaving a gap in behind! 3 in the middle this doesn't happen!

How long did albrighton play on Wednesday?

simpson was carrying a knock from last weekend

12 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Ndidi and gray don't deserve that. Both excellent, never gave up and let down by those around him. Mahrez was better second half. Slimani missed his big chance but it was better with him in the team. 

Drinkwater worst player on the pitch again and that's saying something with Wes Morgan on the pitch. 

Just not happening for vardy, thought he was better in general play than he has been but he just gets in the way. 

I dont think our other defensive options are much better but to not even try them is astonishing. 

Pretty much spot on there. Sums up my thoughts. 

Went to the game today, what a joke of a performance! 

We are so flat it is unreal! Interesting to watch players reactions after the goals, Kasper animated looking to try and pick the players up and Vardy doing the same, looked to be organising something!? Others looked dejected and looked to be no form of motivation or acknowledgment from the bench - don't think I seen Shakey and CR ever speak once again. 

Subs ineffective again, tactics wrong again imo and can't understand why we bring Slimani on to not get the ball in the ****ing box! 

I know most will disagree but I feel sorry for Vardy and Slimani, they don't get no service at all or the build up is so slow they are being asked to make something out of nothing. 

Huth is a joke, lucky not to be sent off... the guy is a liability! His distribution is shocking too (I know others aren't much better but the guy slices every lofted ball), Fuchs is still missing... ripped to shreads by Routledge and Noughton! So sloppy with his defending! Mahrez in a free role worked last season, this season we are so compact and so slow attacking that just means we have about 5 players on the edge marked up and acres of space on the right wing with no one there. 

Ndidi about the only player who can walk off that pitch with head up! Can see him going in summer with someone snapping him up quickly. 

Only quickly seen Sky Sports CR interview headline... we need luck? The only luck he needs is that he keeps his job! These displays are an embarrassment! We aren't losing down to bad decision etc we look a beaten side from the off and self destruct soon as we concede... that's not luck! Please get rid of this guy whilst we still have hope! 

As much as I want to blame vardy, I actually can't make him the scale goat..

we we are creating hardly anything, i don't know who should play alongside Ndidi.  I know anything ATM is better then drinky, but can king or Mendy really go toe to toe against some of these premiership midfielders. Poor recruitment.

4 minutes ago, Corky said:

The manager takes the blame today, for me. He had a chance to freshen things up after midweek and refused to do it, went back to the tried, tested and failed formula of the previous five weeks and lo and behold the same thing happens again.

No guarantees of course that the changes would've made a massive difference but it struck me today that however poorly some perform they've still get chosen and that isn't correct.

Yes, its obvious that some of the players have no confidence left and should have been dropped. CR should be intelligent enough to realise this and give some of the other players an opportunity, they could hardly do any worse. 

Were we really that bad today? Big improvement on last Sunday. Slimani back, Gray looked good.

We didn't give them many chances. Only bad spell was second half of first half. If Mahrez had passed to Gray/Slimani had scored his good chance it would have been a different game. 

I would stick with Ranieri for now unless there are big changing room problems. 

18 minutes ago, marcymarc666 said:

The most scary thing about this season is that we've been sussed out. The long ball gets snapped up quickly , Vardy runs are sussed, mahrez runs sussed, defenders sitting deeper and because we don't have technically gifted players in midfield we are not creating chances. How many times did Vardy run onto balls last year compared to this year. Unfortunately with this team it appears that there is no plan B because we can't keep the ball on the ground and create chances like other teams. Last year was freaky in that teams couldn't sussed us out, now they have we have been exposed as the limited team we are. Take away 120% effort and these players regress to the being the players they were when they joined the club.

Im afraid the reality is that the dream is over, this is the real world again and  have no idea how we're going to dig ourselves out of it.

But isn't that the point about being a coach. You anticipate such inevitabilities and prepare to use alternative tactics if necessary.

This should be started well before the season begins and part of the preparation should be assembling the kind of players required and blending them together.

Swansea weren't in any way wonderful today. But they were organised and they functioned as a supportive unit. But we didn't respond in any constructive way.   

As a result Swansea, instead of being asked all sorts of questions, had as quiet a time as they must have had all season in defending a lead.

Details of how this situation's come about in such a short time are outside my knowledge but the buck stops with the manager or whoever's ignored, over-ridden or failed to deliver on his wishes if that's the case.

And in the end, just like druggies or alcoholics,  we have to accept we have a problems and will never get back to normal til we solve them.

Once again its a question of what if Ranieri had changed the woeful defence, how different the result may have been.

10 days away from the biggest game in the history of Leicester City Football Club, and one that will remain the biggest game for many decades away at Sevilla.

And you just know the defence that will start the biggest game in the club's history since 1884 will be Morgan, Huth, Fuchs and Simpson.

Its devastating, why the **** were changes not made to the defence weeks ago, and why weren't more capable reinforcements signed in January/last summer.

12 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Your post typifies so many fans in here who keep bringing up the same old crap. Firstly on subs. He made two attacking substitutions at half time. As the game went on he wanted to keep some defensive shape but bought on Amartey who showed some real forward right back play v Derby and got forward quite a lot. He even had a header towards goal when he was one of two City players in the opposition box. Bringing on Musa or Okazaki may have just put further bodies in the way which we ddnt need to do. We needed width hence Amarteys appearance. Chilwell was another attacking substitution. He isnt a defensive full back is he?!! 

Huth and Morgan defended well. They were not the problem. Swanseas first goal may have followed from Huths foul but it looked a harsh decision. The second goal was that idiot Kasper who seems hell bent on booting it out of play or towards 5ft 8 strikers but on this occasion threw it to one of there players and at that point our shape was all over the place. Wes and Huth have been pants at times but that doesnt mean they get the blame for today.

Now IMO the problem is simple. If you took the best three offensive players from every team and turned them into a bag of spuds most teams would be buggered. The defence were defending well, the newish boys Ndidi and Gray were looking real good but Drinky, Vardy and Mahrez are an absolute liability at the moment. I love them all for staying with us and giving us those memories but they are a bunch of dickless donkeys at the moment. No strength, no will, no end product. Last season Drinky was leading the whole division by January on tackles. Yep Drinky. His distribution was excellent too, making space and pinging balls for Vards to chase. Today he made a couple of decent passes but was outplayed by Ndidi once again. Mahrez scored goals with no help last season and put Vardy through. Apart from a couple of half decent crosses and a lovely ball to Slim he was a shower again. If someone who is linked to Barca and gets a 5m contract a season cant create for us then we are fudged. And then theres Vardy. The third person who is playing like a donkey. No confidence, no running and an embarrassment. Claudio started with Gray further forward and the lad was running his socks off and still had the energy in the second half when switched to the wing to cause problems. Vardy was in cruise mode. He played like absolute turd with no energy.

Our best three offensive players of last season arent delivering, thats the problem.

10 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

Were we really that bad today? Big improvement on last Sunday. Slimani back, Gray looked good.

We didn't give them many chances. Only bad spell was second half of first half. If Mahrez had passed to Gray/Slimani had scored his good chance it would have been a different game. 

I would stick with Ranieri for now unless there are big changing room problems. 

You should perhaps remember that Swansea had no scoring ambitions after half-time. Their entire focus, quite understandably, was to close down quickly,  narrow the angles, deny us options, retain possession as far as possible and stop us gaining free access to their penalty area. They did all those things admirably and we offered next to nothing in retaliation. Seems pretty bad to me.       

Archived