Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Ulloa

16 hours ago, onekeithweller said:

Can anyone give me the gist, thanks

Probably going on about how upset he was he was denied his move to Sunderland and the chance to play with Lee Cattermole and Darron Gibson lol

3 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Regularly makes the matchday squads. Always seen warming up. But anyone reckon he'll actually play for us again? Slimani always seems to be the preferred option when change is needed.

I think unless Slimani gets injured, then Ulloa will always struggle to get any game time. I can see Shakey starting Vardy and Okazaki or Vardy and Slimani for the rest of the season, with either Slim/Oka to come on from the bench in latter stages.

Ulloa is definitely off in the summer so makes sense to give Slimani the game time over him, with one eye on next season. 

He has been an incredible servant for the club in his time, and it's a shame he felt he was treated badly by Claudio. I hope he gets to play at home once more, as I think he would get a very warm reception,

Will be interesting to see where he ends up in the summer. Would be great if he could stay in the Prem and start for someone. Could we still get 10 or so million? Hopefully!

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/leonardo-ulloa-hopes-to-rekindle-leicester-city-career-under-craig-shakespeare/story-30288137-detail/story.html

Ohh his name is Leonardo!

If a Chinese club were to come in for him (Or any club, but a Chinese club seem more likely) and we were to get rid of Slimani I think Ulloa has a future here and he'd like to stay, he's happy to feature off the bench, he just wants to play in some way tbh I think Shakey prefers Ulloa aswell, unfortunately I think we'll be keeping Slimani and saying bye to Ulloa though, think it's fair to say we're going to see the back of one or both of them though.

Just thought, he's got a good record v Arsenal ain't he? :fc:

Doubt he's daft enough to get so motivated by money and go to an unknown league and unsettle his family by going to an unfamiliar culture/way of life.

Reckon he'll be sensible enough to know of the risks of the above and either be loyal here or part on good terms and go to a decent club.

2 minutes ago, toddybad said:

Personally thought his two most recent performances show why he fits in here better than slimani.

Agree- Slimani is a bit of a poacher, whereas Leo makes more of an impact further back in the final third, which is where we win games in our system.

6 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Doubt he's daft enough to get so motivated by money and go to an unknown league and unsettle his family by going to an unfamiliar culture/way of life.

Reckon he'll be sensible enough to know of the risks of the above and either be loyal here or part on good terms and go to a decent club.

This is the thing, he is clearly not motivated by money, he was willing to take a wage drop to leave for Spain in January, he just wants to play (He's obviously motivated money in some capcity but playing is the priority) as I said I don't think it matters if its even off the bench aslong as he's involved in some way he'll be happy....That's a good thing surely? A positive sign? But no, people just slagged him off for saying he wanted to leave (For valid reasons).

If it was a money issue he wanted to leave then fair enough but it wasn't people took him 'throwing his toys out the pram' and him wanting to leave well out of context.

I was looking for this topic after the Atletico game - but it was buried somewhere deep lol

I really think we underestimate how lucky we are to have Leo here actually - but I also do want him to leave this summer, for him it's time to go and have a crack at being a leading striker somewhere - even though the selfish part of me would love for him to be a benchwarmer here till he retires - as he consistantly comes on and makes a mark.

He's been a great player for us who has always contributed massivly when we've needed him (Swansea at home for example in the final bit of the title run - came in and just stepped up to the plate straight away) and he's really solid.

If you gave me a choice i'd prefer to lose Slimani - we know 100% now what we get with Leo, Slim even with a whole season done still leaves me with question marks - mostly around if we can use him in how we want to play, i'm not sure we can.

He was great against Atletico as well, he won so many headers when we went to mass pressure mode.

2 hours ago, Sir Shep said:

I'm kind of wondering if Brighton would try to buy him back now they're promoted? 

Hughton never managed him at Brighton, and has spent 2.5 years building his own team and style. Not saying they wouldn't want him but I wouldn't automatically assume they'd want him back because of his previous connection when its a completely different team and set up. I'd say Brighton are as likely to try and sign him as anyone else.

In my opinion Ulloa made a greater contribution to our title win than Okazaki,  and although I love that mural of our champions on Kate Street, it's a real shame there was no room for Leo's image.

20 minutes ago, Hammo said:

In my opinion Ulloa made a greater contribution to our title win than Okazaki,  and although I love that mural of our champions on Kate Street, it's a real shame there was no room for Leo's image.

I take it you didn't watch us much last season? And or understand  how that team clicked.

10 minutes ago, worthosoriginals said:

I take it you didn't watch us much last season? And or understand  how that team clicked.

My opinion is based on sound judgment having watched every game bar one. 

1 hour ago, Hammo said:

Ulloa did put in some crucial performances but Okazaki ran himself into the ground for the team last season. 

I don't recall Ulloa ever letting us down (on the pitch) would be happy for him to stay but I think freeing up space for a young forward is the best move for the club, go find a superstar.

3 minutes ago, Mease said:

Ulloa did put in some crucial performances but Okazaki ran himself into the ground for the team last season. 

I don't recall Ulloa ever letting us down (on the pitch) would be happy for him to stay but I think freeing up space for a young forward is the best move for the club, go find a superstar.

I'd rather see Okazaki replaced to be honest. He is all effort and, sadly, very little productivity. His value is, and has been, over exaggerated if you ask me. He repeatedly runs into blind alleys, falls over and cedes possession. I don't deny that he functions well within our set-up but he frequently flatters to deceive. There must be players out there who can run around like he does and actually provide the odd assist or goal once in a while.

9 minutes ago, Hammo said:

I'd rather see Okazaki replaced to be honest. He is all effort and, sadly, very little productivity. His value is, and has been, over exaggerated if you ask me. He repeatedly runs into blind alleys, falls over and cedes possession. I don't deny that he functions well within our set-up but he frequently flatters to deceive. There must be players out there who can run around like he does and actually provide the odd assist or goal once in a while.

Certainly do not disagree with some of your comments about Okazaki but not his contribution last year, he is different than Ulloa who is similar to Slimani this may be the deciding factor if we are moving one along, Okazaki is also a better squad option. 

Could be a case for both but one thing I do worry about is making too many changes this may disrupt the tight dressing room.

Archived