Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brisfox

letter to Millwall's Chairman

Without being seen to excuse the acts of Milwall supporters, it's exactly what you would expect when you visit  a ground like the Den.

It's not like going to Reading on a Tuesday night and suddenly being confronted by thugs.

Millwall are well known for this, particularly when the big games come around.

I know when I used to go home and away in the 90s and 2000s we would know exactly where we were going and what to expect.

The Den was one of the few grounds over that period we didn't go to.

We always wore colours and always drank in pubs close to the ground including at all of our local rivals and other than one strange pub in Barnsley and having some 'Lads' trying to recruit us for a planned fight at Birmingham never had a hint of trouble.

Dear Leicester fans,

I would just like to say firstly well done on bringing a large following at a time when your club is clearly struggling and times aren't all fun at up there at present. I do however feel some of your opinions based around the game and your judgement of Millwall and our club are very ill tempered and poorly judged. Yes i agree the pitch invasion is stupid and as a Millwall fan i hated this one as much as i hated the one at bradford in the playoffs last season, however the coin throwing incidents cannot be purely blamed on us i was in the east upper and i saw countless coins thrown from the away section before kick off and during large periods of the game so please give it a rest and accept the fact big crowds attract morons and some of your fans were just as to blame, good luck for the rest of the season and i can honestly say i really enjoyed you winning the league. I am however dissapointed with what i have read on here, Millwall is an honest club who on occasions are let down by the token dickheads.

Anyhow i hope you enjoyed a proper atmosphere that are rare to find at many grounds present day.

From A well behaved Millwall fan

4 minutes ago, Salvatore said:

Dear Leicester fans,

I would just like to say firstly well done on bringing a large following at a time when your club is clearly struggling and times aren't all fun at up there at present. I do however feel some of your opinions based around the game and your judgement of Millwall and our club are very ill tempered and poorly judged. Yes i agree the pitch invasion is stupid and as a Millwall fan i hated this one as much as i hated the one at bradford in the playoffs last season, however the coin throwing incidents cannot be purely blamed on us i was in the east upper and i saw countless coins thrown from the away section before kick off and during large periods of the game so please give it a rest and accept the fact big crowds attract morons and some of your fans were just as to blame, good luck for the rest of the season and i can honestly say i really enjoyed you winning the league. I am however dissapointed with what i have read on here, Millwall is an honest club who on occasions are let down by the token dickheads.

Anyhow i hope you enjoyed a proper atmosphere that are rare to find at many grounds present day.

From A well behaved Millwall fan

Are you the chairman by any chance? :rolleyes:

6 hours ago, brisfox said:

No, I travel in my Mercedes.

5 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

By car.  Mercedes is a brand name.

Not completely, it's also a female first name in Spain or many Latin American countries for that matter.

So the whole "I was traveling in my Mercedes" suddenly gets that very interesting double entendre angle to it... :whistle: 

54 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

I wrote a letter to him also, apologising for shagging his wife during the match and giving her the crappiest shag ever

Yeah I read that on the bog door at the KP which I quote read!

"Dr the Singh is a crap shag and has a small willy!! "

I always wondered why it was written in the gents ?:whistle:

Just now, justfoxes said:

Yeah I read that on the bog door at the KP which I quote read!

"Dr the Singh is a crap shag and has a small willy!! "

I always wondered why it was written in the gents ?:whistle:

That's cus loads of men are jealous and envious of my crap shagging ability, and not caring about it! :thumbup:

3 hours ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

I have been a City supporter for 57 years now. Millwall fans have always been this way, but the seventies were when they were at their worst. The hard core of their "fans" were dockers, and they don't come any tougher than that, trust me. They would bite your head off if they could.. In that same era visiting grounds like Charlton (at the Valley in those days), Arsenal, Chelsea, and Leeds, was a very risky business, as you may well remember. I got "lumped" a good few times.

Much as I admire you putting forward your views to the Millwall chairman, I have witnessed far worse. We all know that to be a Millwall supporter, you have to have a hole in the brain caverty, so they will never change, sadly, but don't let them put you off going to other away games. By doing that you let them win. Just either ignore them, or wrap a metal lamp post round their necks.

Watford away late 70's early 80's was scary when they all sang candle in the wind. The op must have been vicarage road.

6 hours ago, brisfox said:

Pity about the shooting a mile down the road the day before the game. Listen, matey, i lived in SD and worked in LA so i think i know what i was talking about. Luckily nobody got hurt  when they went there.

You say "tomato"; I say "you're prone to overreact".  

I think everyone knew what was going to happen off the pitch at this tie.

Millwall have always had a hooligan element. Their ground was closed by the authorities because of crowd trouble before the last war and absolutely nothing has changed.

It's a good job it wasn't a midweek match, and West Ham and Chelsea weren't playing, because their hooligans would have turned up as well in the expectation of a good ruck.

The plod knew what was going to happen as well. When did you last see so many mounted police at a football match?

If you've got a spare moment google for Millwall. The browser adds 'hooligan' before you had even thought about typing that as well.

4019227692e9ba8bd58d5c57736c7279.jpg

Any letters to the chairman condemning criminal damage should be delivered as per their club policy....you wrap it around a brick and chuck it through his car window (whilst going "oye-oye, lavly jubbly" and wearing the worst vest you can possibly find whilst remembering to take along your entire family from toddlers to grannies to join in and witness your actions with pride.)

Archived