Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brisfox

letter to Millwall's Chairman

Guest claude_leic
1 hour ago, brisfox said:

I sent the following to Millwall's Chairman today

Dear Sir,

I was an away supporter at the Leicester game on Saturday. I have been a supporter of my team for over 50 years and attend most home and away games. This Saturday was an absolute disgrace in terms of behaviour by your fans, people could have got killed by the disgusting scum who support your team. I saw numerous fights break out (all instigated by Millwall fans). Your club needs to take a good hard look at itself before somebody gets killed or seriously injured. Our coaches had their windows broken (are you going to pay Woods Coaches for the repair? No? Thought not)

As for me, I will never again visit your ground and I will never again support my team away from home. Your fans have killed my love for the game. I hope you are very proud of yourself.

By the way, this is not sour grapes, good luck to you for your win. I sincerely hope Spurs beat you. You deserve to rot in League 1.

Do you travel to every game on coach one by any chance?

10 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

And inside too. Cops and stewards happily let them run up to the byline before trying to force them back - though the Millwall lot giving in the big'un could've easily have overpowered them and invaded the away end if they'd genuinely wanted to. Seemed the hi-viz army were more arsed about making sure Leicester couldn't get on the pitch, making everyone in the lower a sitting duck as a result.

Standard football policing measure though. They'd rather let stuff happen as long as they get footage of it, rather than actually prevent trouble in the first place.

It was shit stewarding and policing however. Just think about this. Millwall are all mouth who live off a reputation. 

1 Steward and 1 Police officer were stopping around 200 if not more Millwall fans from getting any closer to our end. In reality if you think about it. If Millwall had any more about them 200 v 2? There's one winner they could of easily got to us if they wanted it. They act big and play up in front of cameras but when push comes to shove they aren't really all that. Same goes for the lads who got off the coach and confronted them when one of the windows went through - they didn't want to know. It's a good job no real trouble happened Saturday but the cowardly throwing of coins and bottles is a ****ing disgrace.

1 hour ago, brisfox said:

Dear Sir,

I was an away supporter at the Leicester game on Saturday. I have been a supporter of my team for over 50 years and attend most home and away games. This Saturday was an absolute disgrace in terms of behaviour by your fans, people could have got killed by the disgusting scum who support your team. I saw numerous fights break out (all instigated by Millwall fans). Your club needs to take a good hard look at itself before somebody gets killed or seriously injured. Our coaches had their windows broken (are you going to pay Woods Coaches for the repair? No? Thought not)

As for me, I will never again visit your ground and I will never again support my team away from home. Your fans have killed my love for the game. I hope you are very proud of yourself.

By the way, this is not sour grapes, good luck to you for your win. I sincerely hope Spurs beat you. You deserve to rot in League 1.

That'll make him cry. Bully.

There are some shameful comments in here.

Yes, the tone of the letter is a bit spiteful and not particularly unbiased.

However the poster is an older supporter who may not be able to defend himself and sounds like he was travelling with disabled supporters and felt very vulnerable being subjected to Millwall's violence.

I don't think we should treat everybody on here as if they were in their 20's able bodied and able to stand up for themselves.

This has to be some sort of joke right?

I took the opportunity to get right stuck into the southern pussies, inside and outside the ground.

At one point I had some fat, stinking **** in a string vest in a headlock whilst dishing it out to 4 of his bell cheese mates. All in all I reckon I gave a good hiding to at least 9 of their lads outside the ground, ****ing lovely afternoon away.

I hope we get them next season when I hope to be a bit fitter, they'll get it harder than those 11 lads in Porto who I introduced myself to.

13 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

There are some shameful comments in here.

Yes, the tone of the letter is a bit spiteful and not particularly unbiased.

However the poster is an older supporter who may not be able to defend himself and sounds like he was travelling with disabled supporters and felt very vulnerable being subjected to Millwall's violence.

I don't think we should treat everybody on here as if they were in their 20's able bodied and able to stand up for themselves.

The letter is badly worded and is incredibly biased. That's the reason for most of the response. I agree though that if the poster was intimidated to an unaccpetable degree or that Leicester fans were assualted and had things thrown at them then these matters do need to be dealt with.

I do have sympathy with the OP if he did feel threatened at the game, but a better approach may have been to start a thread asking for those who were at The Den to share their experiences of heavy handed policing or stewarding. 

If there was evidence of assaults etc then this information could be collated (with support from the FSF) and therefore a more effective complaint could be made.

What was the extent of the "trouble" on Saturday. Fivelive briefly mentioned it in their coverage of the match, but haven't really seen any detail about it other than the typical sensationalist-but-not-much-detail headlines in the Mirror/Mail/Sun etc

3 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

The letter is badly worded and is incredibly biased. That's the reason for most of the response. I agree though that if the poster was intimidated to an unaccpetable degree or that Leicester fans were assualted and had things thrown at them then these matters do need to be dealt with.

I do have sympathy with the OP if he did feel threatened at the game, but a better approach may have been to start a thread asking for those who were at The Den to share their experiences of heavy handed policing or stewarding. 

If there was evidence of assaults etc then this information could be collated (with support from the FSF) and therefore a more effective complaint could be made.

What was the extent of the "trouble" on Saturday. Fivelive briefly mentioned it in their coverage of the match, but haven't really seen any detail about it other than the typical sensationalist-but-not-much-detail headlines in the Mirror/Mail/Sun etc

At least I was there on Saturday and I had to walk through their fans on my own on the way back to the car. Bet half the people who posted on here wouldn't have had the balls to do that.

2 hours ago, brisfox said:

Dear Sir,

It's not like their chairman was on the frontline throwing stones or coins was it?

How on earth can you expect him to take you seriously when you write a letter like that?

Now if you had written a detailed account of what their fans had been up to then they might of been able to take your comments on board, but because you added the insults, they will probably chuck the letter in the bin.

11 minutes ago, brisfox said:

At least I was there on Saturday and I had to walk through their fans on my own on the way back to the car. Bet half the people who posted on here wouldn't have had the balls to do that.

No, including me mate. I didn't fancy it with my kids to be honest.

12 minutes ago, brisfox said:

You're right. The soft twats would've probably just written an attention-seeking, self-important 'open letter' about it instead...

18 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Millwall fans ran to the away end after the initial excitement of a pitch invasion. This became goading and the throwing of objects towards the away end. It was largely open season however in terms of access, if the home fans wanted to they could have surged into the away end easily. Then the horses turned up and some order was restored. To be fair the coppers did well after the initial five minutes. 

The issue is of course at Millwall you can't get to South Bermondsey station until 40 minutes after kick off. So fans could either choose to watch it all or stand around at the back.

Archived