Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brisfox

letter to Millwall's Chairman

24 minutes ago, brisfox said:

I sent the following to Millwall's Chairman today

Dear Sir,

I was an away supporter at the Leicester game on Saturday. I have been a supporter of my team for over 50 years and attend most home and away games. This Saturday was an absolute disgrace in terms of behaviour by your fans, people could have got killed by the disgusting scum who support your team. I saw numerous fights break out (all instigated by Millwall fans). Your club needs to take a good hard look at itself before somebody gets killed or seriously injured. Our coaches had their windows broken (are you going to pay Woods Coaches for the repair? No? Thought not)

As for me, I will never again visit your ground and I will never again support my team away from home. Your fans have killed my love for the game. I hope you are very proud of yourself.

By the way, this is not sour grapes, good luck to you for your win. I sincerely hope Spurs beat you. You deserve to rot in League 1.

Dear Brisfox

Thanks for your email dated 20/2/17.

ive brought your concerns to the board of millwall FC and the general consensus of us all is " why don't you grow a pair you fackin slaaaaag ". 

Regards , the chairman.

I have been going to football since I was 7 years old (61 this year). I support the team home and away (including in Seville on Wednesday) and yes I have seen worse over the years (The worst being Red Star in Vienna). So, the general concensus is , "Just put up with it", Is that what you are saying? It is acceptable to throw bottles and coins at disabled away fans, to brick coaches full of supporters? Do we wait until somebody gets killed? Is it acceptable banter to attack people? It isn't me who needs to grow up

3 minutes ago, brisfox said:

I have been going to football since I was 7 years old (61 this year). I support the team home and away (including in Seville on Wednesday) and yes I have seen worse over the years (The worst being Red Star in Vienna). So, the general concensus is , "Just put up with it", Is that what you are saying? It is acceptable to throw bottles and coins at disabled away fans, to brick coaches full of supporters? Do we wait until somebody gets killed? Is it acceptable banter to attack people? It isn't me who needs to grow up

There are ways of going about it though. If you had genuine safety concerns then articulate them in a balanced manner to someone like the FSF for example?

There is no way that a letter written in that style will be taken seriously by anyone. 

1 minute ago, brisfox said:

No you're right of course, but  I don't think posting you "letter" contents helped, remember this is a football forum and I'm sure you've been here long enough to know what to expect.

3 minutes ago, brisfox said:

How did Red Star's chairman respond to your letter?

4 minutes ago, brisfox said:

Image result for grow up gif

Just now, norwichfox said:

No you're right of course, but  I don't think posting you "letter" contents helped, remember this is a football forum and I'm sure you've been here long enough to know what to expect.

So, the only opinion that matters is yours, right?

Just now, brisfox said:

So, the only opinion that matters is yours, right?

Naturally my opinion matters most to me, couldn't give a fly's turd what you think about it and tbf I can't see how your statement relates to what I've posted (which up to then was the only one that agrees with anything the OP has posted)

Having collected my thoughts since getting back from that shite part of South London on saturday, the feckwits that follow that happy club are to be expected to show their cowardice by pelting us with coins & our buses with bottles etc. Its expected, anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded.

What shocked me more, however, was the total inability to control the  Millwall fans by the Met Police outside the ground.

Buses being pelted & London plod watching with arms folded. I Feckin despair.

Crowd policing, especially in London, has deteriorated beyond belief & as has been mentioned it will only change after a fatality.

33 minutes ago, brisfox said:

it's the way you've come across in your letter which makes you sound like a massive tit, not the concept of it. 

Lets be honest it was appalling on Saturday.

(OP I don't really think you should send a letter but I understand if you want too. There's also no point in trying to explain on here to people who weren't there).

I stayed to see which players came over to clap. I didn't mind the pitch invasion but the throwing of objects and just "celebrating" their win in front us was wrong. That's before talking about the bus journey back.

But it won't stop me going to games certainly. It wasn't that bad to leave that impression on anybody, surely.  I've been to the New Den three times and that was the first time I've experienced their reputation. 

The club have appealed to the FA anyway.

22 minutes ago, boots60 said:

Having collected my thoughts since getting back from that shite part of South London on saturday, the feckwits that follow that happy club are to be expected to show their cowardice by pelting us with coins & our buses with bottles etc. Its expected, anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded.

What shocked me more, however, was the total inability to control the  Millwall fans by the Met Police outside the ground.

Buses being pelted & London plod watching with arms folded. I Feckin despair.

Crowd policing, especially in London, has deteriorated beyond belief & as has been mentioned it will only change after a fatality.

And inside too. Cops and stewards happily let them run up to the byline before trying to force them back - though the Millwall lot giving in the big'un could've easily have overpowered them and invaded the away end if they'd genuinely wanted to. Seemed the hi-viz army were more arsed about making sure Leicester couldn't get on the pitch, making everyone in the lower a sitting duck as a result.

Standard football policing measure though. They'd rather let stuff happen as long as they get footage of it, rather than actually prevent trouble in the first place.

1 hour ago, brisfox said:

I sent the following to Millwall's Chairman today

Dear Sir,

I was an away supporter at the Leicester game on Saturday. I have been a supporter of my team for over 50 years and attend most home and away games. This Saturday was an absolute disgrace in terms of behaviour by your fans, people could have got killed by the disgusting scum who support your team. I saw numerous fights break out (all instigated by Millwall fans). Your club needs to take a good hard look at itself before somebody gets killed or seriously injured. Our coaches had their windows broken (are you going to pay Woods Coaches for the repair? No? Thought not)

As for me, I will never again visit your ground and I will never again support my team away from home. Your fans have killed my love for the game. I hope you are very proud of yourself.

By the way, this is not sour grapes, good luck to you for your win. I sincerely hope Spurs beat you. You deserve to rot in League 1.

Pansy!!

Archived