Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Pearson Part 3?

6 minutes ago, Harry96 said:

Can you imagine the outrage from the media and other fans if we appoint Pearson lol

Why. Are. You. Bothered?!?!!!!!

Seriously why do people give a flying **** what the media or other fans think? Who cares? I don't get it.

2 hours ago, sdb said:

I did love him but he was barely good enough for this level. He's not been good enough for the level below since, and his PR skills were nothing short of embarrassing. Would be a backward step imo. 

I'm genuinely not sure if a returning Pearson for a third time would be such a good idea now after everything that's happened to this club since he was fired for non footballing reasons (and indeed what happened to him at Derby) but I remain more open minded about it than some 'anti Pearson-ites' on here!

Would he be the same guy and still possess the same qualities as the one who first joined us afresh in 2008 when he rescued us in style from our lowest ebb in our history, just nine short years ago? - and would he be the same as when he then rejoined us 18 months after leaving, after Sven's unceremonious sacking? It was a slow and methodical second spell here for him of course but it all came good in the end....and arguably lead to us doing the unthinkable last season under Ranieiri. It's obvious that our favourite Italian benefitted massively in many ways from what had been left to him from the previous regime in order to pull the unthinkable off - and with his experience in the game, Claudio obviously recognised a good squad of players when he saw one! - even though he was brought here just to keep us up initially of course, ironically!

As for the subject title notion, then the proof would be in the pudding of course re a 'would be' third spell in the unlikely event of his second return here happening anytime soon. You can't really draw anything from his time at Derby, that's almost too simplistic a way of thinking here. For whatever reason the club obviously didn't fit him and vica versa, in spite of having Chris Powell as his assistant there early doors this season - as he did in his first spell here too of course - and Kevin Phillips somewhere in the mix also. However sometimes things just don't work out for a manager at a particular club for no rhyme or reason. Maybe it was because he didn't have his more familiar linchpin/senior backroom staff around him there (Steve Walsh and Shakespeare of course), that meant it was a lousy and short lived time there for him.   

As for the peripherals, then his media ways were totally irrelevant to me and yet so many still seem to be going on about that 'blown out of all proportion' trait of Pearson's on here - the playful McArthur strangling (which was just a token gesture spoof blown out of all proportion), not to mention the tiresome Ostrich line - boring!! Giving mention to all that on here gives the impression that some people think that how you deal with the gutter English media matters is as important as actual footballing managerial work - unreal!

I don't think it will happen at all but if we did appoint Pearson then I can only imagine how gutted Ranieri would feel! It's a bit like seeing the girl you like going back to the same ex even though their relationships are always turbulent and never end welllol 

Just now, lee7 said:

I don't think it will happen at all but if we did appoint Pearson then I can only imagine how gutted Ranieri would feel! It's a bit like seeing the girl you like going back to the same ex even though their relationships are always turbulent and never end welllol 

must have also been a kick in the teeth for Pearson though to see his side go on to be league champions.

Not saying for one minute that Pearson would have won the league, of course not.

But it would be a similar sort of feeling

If there was an agreeable contract that Pearson would come until the end of the season to try his best to keep us up, (lets face it, he would), do who knows what in The Champion League and then go his own sweet way at the end of it, I'd have Pearson Part 3. 

As the LCFC drama still unfolds, i'm sure the writers of our daft soap opera would love this to be the ending.

This would be one trilogy I would not watch.....you only have to hear how he was at Derby to know a leopard doesn't change his spots......car crash and certain relegation plus reputational damage beyond repair for the owners especially in their homeland.

if they believe this would appease fans they are massively misjudging the situation I believe.

Bring back super Nige! I'm definitely up for it. Gutted we lost Claudio but Pearson can sort out this mess. If we do get relegated then I'd be confident he'd bring us back. He'd also bring back those giant box fresh white trainers which HAS to be a positive. As long as he doesn't bring back James 'dick slap' Pearson, the owners might well be up for it. Top would have to leave his spying drone in its box and Ian Stringer and Jason Bourne will have to come up with suitable disguises to be able to interview him.

Sometimes certain clubs and managers just gel together like Eddie Howe at Bournemouth or Darren Ferguson at Peterborough for example.

Both of them were successful at their clubs, tried their hand elsewhere, failed, and then came back to the same club to be a success again. 

Likewise with Nige, he's had two successful spells with us but never seemed to get it going elsewhere. With a lot of the structure still in place here, he could make it work for a third time. 

Still on the fence personally but I'd back him if it was to happen.

nigel pearson is divisive - some fans love him some fans think he is not the right choice for  a club with aspirations.

I think the Owners will have been stung by  criticism of their handling of ranieri.

They should address this quickly - e.g. by saying they should have met with Claudio and they regret the way it played out (as they hid in seville).  They should explain why they were compelled to change their minds so soon after the declaration of unwavering support.  Such a statement would garner understanding and respect.

However, if they are seriously think of employing nigel they will alienate half the fan base... and it will look like the players are running the club.  The lunatics have taken over the asylem

This would be a massive step backwards if he was to be reappointed (which I don't think he will due to previous circumstances).

He's great at getting the infrastructure in place granted, but that's what carries him. Tactically he is awful and without doubt had he remained in situ last season we'd have finished mid table at best. Those asking for his return need to remember how little dynamism he has when reacting to what's happening on the pitch. In fact the word 'reacting' is quite apt for Pearson as he was never proactive in his approach to the opposition. I don't think I can bear another season of guaranteed 60 minute substitutions.

I think the fact that the the senior players are asking for his return should be ringing loud alarm bells for the owners. The old guard need to go and be replaced by fresh blood so that we can embrace a new approach with the talent that we have. All I see from reappointing Pearson is a consolidation of the existing player's position in the first team which is undoubtedly what they want for their own personal agendas. 

3 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

nigel pearson is divisive - some fans love him some fans think he is not the right choice for  a club with aspirations.

I think the Owners will have been stung by  criticism of their handling of ranieri.

They should address this quickly - e.g. by saying they should have met with Claudio and they regret the way it played out (as they hid in seville).  They should explain why they were compelled to change their minds so soon after the declaration of unwavering support.  Such a statement would garner understanding and respect.

However, if they are seriously think of employing nigel they will alienate half the fan base... and it will look like the players are running the club.  The lunatics have taken over the asylem

Better to alienate only half the fan base with NFP than alienate ALL of the fan base by appointing Pardew or Woy.

7 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Sometimes certain clubs and managers just gel together like Eddie Howe at Bournemouth or Darren Ferguson at Peterborough for example.

Both of them were successful at their clubs, tried their hand elsewhere, failed, and then came back to the same club to be a success again. 

Likewise with Nige, he's had two successful spells with us but never seemed to get it going elsewhere. With a lot of the structure still in place here, he could make it work for a third time. 

Still on the fence personally but I'd back him if it was to happen.

footballingwise those clubs/managers were stuck at a level.... that's why they were like lovers who counld move on.  Even when we were in the championship pearson's tactics were outwitted when we faced teams with the brighter managers.  Pearson is not my cup of tea - he does some thing very well... but his tactical prowess is lacking.  His weird interpersonal action are a result of his lack of self confidence when dealing with those is is wary of... he could simple be aware of this and reign it in... but even without these issues , he would not be someone who could take us to the top half of the prem

Archived