Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Pearson Part 3?

1 minute ago, chapero82 said:

I loved Nige while he was here but please this can't be true!

a lot has changed and the best part of his team has gone ...Steve Walsh 

It showed at Derby what he is like without him 

I think that is slightly harsh. He clearly tried to change too quickly at Derby and the players were entrenched in a way of playing which was at odds with that.

He knows and commands respect from the majority of this squad. Not sure how he could reconcile with the owners though.

The odds are not a decent indicator of likelihood. remember preki? what were Claudio's odds like last time? 

nigels odds falling is a combination of a few quid from punters and the bookies not wanting to get caught in a small market. 

i would serisouly consider not renewing my season ticket if he came back. It's a big effort to get to every home game and causes aggro with my missus re my young kids. The club surely cannot sack a man for what is irreconcilable differences between him and the board and re employ him less than two years later and maintain their integrity? 

1 hour ago, teblin said:

I was a Pearson fan but surely this would be a step backwards 

Hard to say really, was it last time he returned? I was a huge fan of his as everyone knows. I'm not so sure it would work now, it would inevitably end the same way again.

Just now, st albans fox said:

The odds are not a decent indicator of likelihood. remember preki? what were Claudio's odds like last time? 

nigels odds falling is a combination of a few quid from punters and the bookies not wanting to get caught in a small market. 

i would serisouly consider not renewing my season ticket if he came back. It's a big effort to get to every home game and causes aggro with my missus re my young kids. The club surely cannot sack a man for what is irreconcilable differences between him and the board and re employ him less than two years later and maintain their integrity? 

They just sacked Raneri, their title-winning manager, after 20 months in charge - what makes you think they'd be more upright than other owners?

Maybe they've now realized they wouldn't be here without the groundwork laid out by none other than Nigel Pearson.

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Hard to say really, was it last time he returned? I was a huge fan of his as everyone knows. I'm not so sure it would work now, it would inevitably end the same way again.

Pearson did wonders for this club, but he reached his level. He is a top class championship manager but not tactically astute enough to go further than that in a winning capacity. As far as I'm aware, we are still in the Prem and still have 13 games to play. I don't think we should be focusing on good championship managers just yet. 

Would the owners have him back?

I suppose if we were to go down its a safe pair of hands to get rid of all the deadwood/players which cost a fortune and then get us back up.

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

Pearson did wonders for this club, but he reached his level. He is a top class championship manager but not tactically astute enough to go further than that in a winning capacity. As far as I'm aware, we are still in the Prem and still have 13 games to play. I don't think we should be focusing on good championship managers just yet. 

Pearson worked his way up in terms of management and managing in the Premier League - yes, it was a tight affair, but he did change things around on a tactical basis, resulting in The Great Escape©.

I do think he's shown he's more than capable at this level if required.

I don't think this is a good idea. They say never go back. let alone, come back be an absolute nutcase, have your son commit the ultimate embarrassment to the board, then be sacked and then come back!

I understand everything he achieved with us, but to replicate it for the 3rd time. I just don't see it ending well.

2 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Pearson worked his way up in terms of management and managing in the Premier League - yes, it was a tight affair, but he did change things around on a tactical basis, resulting in The Great Escape©.

I do think he's shown he's more than capable at this level if required.

He could manage a lower half Prem team and keep them steady, but I dont think anymore than that. Some of his tactics in the great escape season were just as woeful and baffling as Ranieris. He needs Walsh too, without that team around him he struggles, look at Derby, they were devoid of tactics and played some truly horrible football underneath him by all accounts. I would be more open minded about it if Walsh came back with him. 

1 hour ago, z-layrex said:

I would me over the moon if he came back. Think about it, any other manager and we are just any other ****ing club again. If it's Pearson it still means... something. Not explaining myself well but I hope someone gets my point.

Yes I get what you're saying we get our identity back 

1 minute ago, lcfcrinaldi said:

I don't think this is a good idea. They say never go back. let alone, come back be an absolute nutcase, have your son commit the ultimate embarrassment to the board, then be sacked and then come back!

I understand everything he achieved with us, but to replicate it for the 3rd time. I just don't see it ending well.

Weren't most people really underwhelmed when Ranieri came aboard?

All these fears connected to one man only - we should be more concerned about the position we're finding ourselves in in the table and the attitude of our so-called footballing pros.

There's not that many names I think could sort it all out in this short space of time.

As for the "nutcase" part - never understood such hostility towards the man. It was an act. Many people have described Pearson as an absolutely regular, happy and jovial guy away from the cameras.

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

He could manage a lower half Prem team and keep them steady, but I dont think anymore than that. Some of his tactics in the great escape season were just as woeful and baffling as Ranieris. He needs Walsh too, without that team around him he struggles, look at Derby, they were devoid of tactics and played some truly horrible football underneath him by all accounts. I would be more open minded about it if Walsh came back with him. 

Well, that's exactly what we are! :D

Archived