Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Pearson Part 3?

14 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Hard to say really, was it last time he returned? I was a huge fan of his as everyone knows. I'm not so sure it would work now, it would inevitably end the same way again.

I'm a big fan too. Just not sure it is the right time.

3 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

He could manage a lower half Prem team and keep them steady, but I dont think anymore than that. Some of his tactics in the great escape season were just as woeful and baffling as Ranieris. He needs Walsh too, without that team around him he struggles, look at Derby, they were devoid of tactics and played some truly horrible football underneath him by all accounts. I would be more open minded about it if Walsh came back with him. 

I look at Derby's recent form and it appears what Nige was trying to do was justified. He was getting rid of the bad apples and the bottlers but the rest of the squad didn't agree with it. 

Not that I think Pearson has a role at LCFC any more 

Guest Danny Clender

Is it possible to merge all the current threads on page 1, other than the Liverpool pre-match, to just one 'Nigel Pearson thread?

Pearson was a involved in a time when football was the reason and not money. He tries to instil that philosophy into his teams and does it well. Never going to be instant success at a new club nowadays but here, the players already know his methods. We need someone to hit the ground running..

8 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Pearson worked his way up in terms of management and managing in the Premier League - yes, it was a tight affair, but he did change things around on a tactical basis, resulting in The Great Escape©.

I do think he's shown he's more than capable at this level if required.

I would say that Pearson needs a season in a higher division with a promoted team to prosper. 2010 2013 and 2015 are the best examples I could give to support that theory. He makes mistakes but nearly everytime he had the players backing when things looked like they were about to go bad and I would say there's an element of truth in the players wanting him back.

We ain't going to be attacting the likes of Conte or Pep so the players may be thinking another unproven manager might not handle the situation the right way.

That said despite my admiration for what he did at Leicester I don't expect him to be our next manager.

17 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Ooo the hostility. 

Not hostile, just the truth. Same goes for me and anyone else on here.

I'd like to think senior players and other staff were asked what they liked and disliked about managers. 

Clearly what made the club was a certain structure and type of management. I always believed we should follow that blueprint.

Glad we didn't for one a season as it gave us a glorious year, but now we're seeing the negative side of it as it unravels off the pitch and on it.

Whilst appreciating what he did at Leicester, definitely not for me. Just as this season's demise under Ranieri's management is under a shroud of mystery, so was Pearsons supposed 'great escape '. It was his poor tactical nous that got us into a really bad position in the first place. Then , not unlike Claudio he appeared to have a bit of a melt down. I think it more than a coincidence that things started to improve under the presence of one Mr Cambiasso.

Pearsons next foray into management at Derby where he employed similar tactics to those used prior to the 'great escape' was an utter disaster from start to finish. Yet, suprisingly, with the same players, McClaren started getting results with different tactics from the moment he arrived!

We should always be grateful for NPS involvement in the evolution of our club but he should be firmly locked away in it history now in my opinion. 

9 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Returning to Pearson however desperate the situation becomes will be a retrograde step in my opinion.

It's like all those calling for O'Neill to come back. They are history and looking at them is only looking backwards.

Does that mean, its only worth looking for a young manager...??

Lets face it, the owners will get who they get.

I wouldnt mind Pearson his 'Footballing history'  with us Was top.

His interviews were always interesting, Contrary to the mixed thoughts on his press interviews

He was no worse than many top Managers, it was Ranieri who was the type who projected the

Non confrontational, and nice guy approach, in someways unique for the PL.

I am open to many ideas...NP  to stabalise if he can, Mancini to try and  give us that next kick forward, if he can, or a choice from the young new managers, Howe, Monke, etc etc.

Guest Danny Clender
8 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

His first match back would be Hull, this is too perfect not to happen.

Great shout, it has to happen now.

Imagine how amazing this would be?

Have we addressed the issue that he's fallen out with the owners & Rudkin doesn't get on with him?

I've huge respect for Pearson but having him back would be such a backwards step. Get Hiddink in short term and then let's snap up a progressive manager who likes the play exciting, positive football.

Can you see the Thai's welcoming back the Ostrich?

I do not think so, he was a PR nightmare.

Attacking players on the pitch, Verbally fighting with journalists, Family members disgracing thier own culture & country.

No way is this happening.

Clearly the Thai's will try to bring in a bigger named manager to entice better player quality.

Whoever get this jobs needs to clear out quite a few in my opinion.

55 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Didn't people say that last time he came back, you know, that time when he won us the Championship and set the foundations for us winnning the Premier League? 

But there's a reason he's still out of work he falls out with everybody Nigel Pearson would fall out with his own Shadow!!??

A reason Dierby Parted ways with him a while ago the bloke could start a fight in an empty room!!

We have to look forward not backwards  and it smells of desperation even talking about having him back,what Nige did for us was superb and I for one thank him for what he has done for us in the"PAST" the man is a liability!!

Thanks Nige but no thanks !

Just now, justfoxes said:

But there's a reason he's still out of work he falls out with everybody Nigel Pearson would fall out with his own Shadow!!??

A reason Dierby Parted ways with him a while ago thevblike could start a fight in an empty room!!

We have to look forward not backwards and what Nige did for us was superb and I for one thank him for what he has done for us in the"PAST" the man is a liability!!

Thanks Nige but no thanks !

You haven't done much background reading into what happened at Derby have you. 

Archived