Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
willie-bell-in-rothley

Poor TV pundits with sh#te opinions

Just now, Far Post Gerry said:

Danny Mills is the worst for me, closely followed by Keown and Crooks. What is it with the BBC employing humourless wankers who take themselves far too seriously? Merson and the Sky bunch may be idiots, but at least they're entertaining. 

Depends on whether you want your pundits to be comedians or logical, honest analysts. Of course they could be both but that's maybe expecting too much.

2 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

I'm not sure how many people will agree with me on this but I quite like Danny Murphy. Level headed and talks a great deal of sense. 

Totally agree with you mate, he's a very good pundit. I just think that, being well-informed and balanced, he's very much in the minority. A lot of pundits are more interested in controversial soundbites and gaining more followers on Twitter.

What I don't like about any of this is that a lot of these "experts" have no idea about the amount of work that has gone into this football club behind the scenes in the last 5-6 years.  

Last season was amazing and I will always be grateful for Claudio's input into winning an impossible title.  But we know that (a) the plan was for us to play 4-4-2 that season anyway, (b) the recruitment in the last 3-4 seasons had been absolutely spot on, and (c) the core players had developed together since being in the Championship. In essence, Claudio was really passing through.

I have been very frustrated by what appeared to be a loss of our usual 100% effort in games (whether this was due to differences in opinion, tactics, or mutiny we will never know) because I knew we could do better, but I'm pleased it's back now.  To hell with the plastic fans and pundits, let's get back on track.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Loseby said:

What I find most disappointing is, these ex-pros have no problem questioning the integrity of a squad of players and the coaches. However, they seem to ignore any suggestion that Ranieri may have lost his way.

Rent-a-gobs.

This is your first post. Great one to start with.

• Like 2

They are Sheep, bleeting out the same crap as the next pundit borrowing each other's pitchfork and torch.

How is it so difficult for these so called professionals to grasp that we were fighting against our DNA this season hence the poor showing by the players. It's as though none of them have seen us play this year other than the MOTD highlights (which we have rightly had 5 mins each week and last on).

What is so difficult to understand?

I am starting to question my sanity, are we deluded?

36 minutes ago, Mease said:

They are Sheep, bleeting out the same crap as the next pundit borrowing each other's pitchfork and torch.

How is it so difficult for these so called professionals to grasp that we were fighting against our DNA this season hence the poor showing by the players. It's as though none of them have seen us play this year other than the MOTD highlights (which we have rightly had 5 mins each week and last on).

You could say that after all we are LCFC fans.:yesyes:

40 minutes ago, Mease said:

3 minutes ago, davieG said:

You could say that after all we are LCFC fans.:yesyes:

That's true, I had a dream last night that we were Champions of England and competing for a 1/4 final spot in the Champions League. I got to get a grip on myself ??

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ithuriel said:

Burley, wondered where this ....had been had vanished off to.

Him and others acting like Ranieri came and signed a bunch of players from Sutton United and other non league clubs and made the Champions. 

Ranieri is a legend here but let's get it right. It was a joint effort. Ranieri's stock was so low after his Greece debacle and we gave him a Premier League job. Nobody else wanted to have him. He's done well for us but so has the players. If he takes a lot of the plaudits for last season he must take a lot of the blame this season. They can't have it both ways.

It's a shame all these Ranieri fans in the media who backed him to the hilt when he got the job by predicting we'd finish in at least the top four and not be the first man to be sacked and get relegated are so upset with it all.

It's also a shame these angelic footballers who never said a bad word about any of their managers or caused a problem at their clubs are so offended by the current bunch.

• Like 4

yet another

Gerrard told BT Sport: “I think they’ve let the manager down big time. I think to show the character, the desire and the fight that they showed in their last two performances, to not give that to Ranieri previously after what he gave them last season, I think it’s badly disrespectful.
Read more at http://www.squawka.com/news/steven-gerrard-leicester-city-players-have-disrespected-claudio-ranieri

I think many of these pundits and ex-players are wildly missing the point.

The saying goes, if there is more than one explanation for an occurrence, the simplest one is usually correct.

Is it really likely that these players have purposefully gone out and shown less desire, drive, energy or whatever other adjective you care to use as part of some Machiavellian plot to overthrow a manager who significantly contributed to what is likely the highest achievement of their careers?

Or is it perhaps more likely that the players were responding to instruction and tactical changes from the manager to play a more contained game, and it was in fact their faithfulness to the man suddenly so revered that meant they didn't 'throw off the shackles', despite their own better judgement?

I'm sure most of you have seen the output of these fellas on social media, they're hardly in Alain de Botton territory in the mental stakes.

To suggest they were actively not trying very hard and were playing badly to oust the manager, well, it just isn't very likely.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2016 at 07:55, FireFox said:

Anyone notice Neil Ashton calling Musa a left back? Or was he calling Hernandez our expensive summer signing, left back?

Also mentioned how Shakespeare has been sidelined a bit, though no idea if that is true, don't really trust him. Mahrez and Vardy's wages will also apparently be reduced by 15% if we aren't in the Champion's League.

^

Neil Ashton said this before the West Ham NYE game, which we won 1-0, on NBCSN.

I didn't believe it at the time, but it's probably true. Why hasn't this been mentioned recently?

The funny thing is Shakespeare is getting slagged off in the media but if he gets the full time job in the summer and 2 years later he gets sacked those same pundits and journalists will be outraged cos we sacked an English manager who is "a good football man".

They've chosen their collective take on proceedings and without really knowing the finer details are jumping to all sorts of conclusions.

How do they know Shakey wasn't trying to help Claudio? How do they know the players are implicated in Claudio's sacking? etc etc

These guys clearly cannot see any further than the end of their noses and jump to conclusions and pour out populist drivel.

• Like 1