Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
willie-bell-in-rothley

Poor TV pundits with sh#te opinions

On 27/06/2018 at 22:04, RoboFox said:

Love, LOVE that MON is back on TV for the WC. I could listen to him all day, the bloke’s an absolute legend.

He’s so intense, too. Constantly sounds like your favourite uncle who’s slightly peeved off and having a moan at you for kicking your ball into his favourite Begonia.

Me too, he has charm and a quiet but inescapable charisma.  I would not want to see his 'other' side though.

I believe that the success he had with us and his ability to get the maximum out of some moderate players was down to his force of personality.

On 25/06/2018 at 12:57, RonnieTodger said:

There are too many shit British pundits just don't do their research. They roll up to studio with the view that everything revolves around the Premier League & England and that's all they know. When Guardiola initially struggled at Man City, Danny Mills said "it's because there are only 2 competitive teams in Spain, 1 in Germany and 20 in England". Like Watford are more of a challenge than Atletico Madrid.

People like Phil Neville, Ian Dowie and Dion Dublin are just making stuff up about the lesser nations because they can't be arsed to look into it. Alex Scott's comments are very simplistic whereas Eni Aluko seems okay.

And its not like anyone outside the top 6 are much respected either. Listen to Danny Murphy talk about Vardy and Maguire. On second though don't bother.

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

I remember thinking that Matterface's player vs Mel and Sue size comparison was a little bit random.

Most of the Partridge moments come from Martin Keown. Makes such odd analogies. I recall him saying the other day about a player: "He's like one of those backboards you get in basketball... Everything just bounces off him."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoboFox said:

I remember thinking that Matterface's player vs Mel and Sue size comparison was a little bit random.

Most of the Partridge moments come from Martin Keown. Makes such odd analogies. I recall him saying the other day about a player: "He's like one of those backboards you get in basketball... Everything just bounces off him."

Glen Hoddle last night on the Tripper free kick from outside the box " excellent trajectory" didn't mention it went about 20 yards to the left of the goal. 

3 hours ago, Fox1norfolk said:

Glen Hoddle last night on the Tripper free kick from outside the box " excellent trajectory" didn't mention it went about 20 yards to the left of the goal. 

My favourite "they're doing it so why shouldn't we?" after JH's reverse head butt!

Rio Ferdinand for the BBC on Harry Maguire

I had my reservations about his mobility at this level, because there have been times I have seen him exposed in the Premier League for Leicester.

But some people are just made for the slower pace of international football and, on top of that, Maguire is thriving on the kind of football England play.

We are a possession-based team now, who look to dictate play and hold on to the ball for long periods.

That is completely different to how his club side play, but it gives him the chance to bring the ball out of defence, and he plays a vital role in the way England boss Gareth Southgate has set his side up.

You'd think a 'leading pundit' would do his research and not just spout the first random thought that comes to mind, wouldn't you? :rolleyes:

25 minutes ago, Out Foxed said:

was ****ing weird

Very wierd indeed. I have only witnessed such adoration once before: The infamous match between Leicester and Newcastle, when Gary Birtles fell deeply in love with a teenager making his debut - Nile Ranger.

I believe Sky TV recieved many a complaint on that one!!!!!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

What a tw*t. He's getting abuse from fans of all clubs in the replies. 

Danny Murphy in Leicester sh*t-talk shocker.

I've said it time and again, he absolutely CANNOT TAKE the fact that we won the league. Can't let it go. The vitriol seeps out of him every time he talks about us, he can barely maintain the thin veil of false praise and meaningless platitudes.

If it was up to him and all of his pals at TalkShite we'd be watching a six-team league week in, week out. 

Talking about him "being in similar situations" before. Yeah course, Danny. Bet the biggest clubs in the world were absolutely smashing down your door to get you to sign a contract with them.

F**king turnip.

Edited by RoboFox

3 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

After Mahrez went and he couldn't keep saying  "Should be at a bigger club"  he's turned his attention to Maguire ...   who next for the little cvnt !

Wonder how he feels about players at his former clubs?

'Sessegnon should stay at Fulham to get game time, help Fulham grow and not stint his development at someone like Chelsea.'

8 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

After Mahrez went and he couldn't keep saying  "Should be at a bigger club"  he's turned his attention to Maguire ...   who next for the little cvnt !

Probably after one good performance on MOTD Murphy and his odious colleagues will be calling for Maddison to go to a "big club".