Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
willie-bell-in-rothley

Poor TV pundits with sh#te opinions

21 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

He is a plonker for saying that isn’t he

what are we supposed to do? I know accept shit play and shit results for the rest of our supporting days just to appease to egotistical commentators 

fvck off Keown 

Yep short memories them arsenal fans.

3 hours ago, willie-bell-in-rothley said:

When the footage of the lap of appreciation was shown on Match of the Day, former City and Arsenal defender Martin Keown leaned forward . “Short memories, Gary, haven’t they?”

Not short enough, i can easily remember the 6 month pay day  Keown came here for, he was sh#te, and clearly didnt want to be here

Didn't have the details regarding the communication error did they. 

9 hours ago, willie-bell-in-rothley said:

When the footage of the lap of appreciation was shown on Match of the Day, former City and Arsenal defender Martin Keown leaned forward . “Short memories, Gary, haven’t they?”

Not short enough, i can easily remember the 6 month pay day  Keown came here for, he was sh#te, and clearly didnt want to be here

He tried to snake Micky Adams job off him which backfired and led to him being binned off into retirement so he’ll always be negative towards us! 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, bmouth_fox said:

There are very few pundits who have the detailed insights a supporter has. They have to an overview of every club, whereas we are experts in one. 

Perfectly put. The problem of punditry in a nutshell.

1 hour ago, bmouth_fox said:

There are very few pundits who have the detailed insights a supporter has. They have to an overview of every club, whereas we are experts in one. 

Those that sit and watch about 6 games on the TV and bits of highlights. Yet still think they know exactly what we, the fans, are thinking. They all assume we have deluded expectations when the vast majority wanted 7/8/9/10 and decent play. If they'd sat through some of our performances in the last few months

One 'pundit' that is more cause for concern for me is our own Michael Appleton having read some of the transcript of his interview. 

He gives a litany of excuses for his players poor play from Silva's transfer to more recently, a lack of motivation due to his players having nothing to play for compared to other teams. He also sites his experience of having been a player as being able to understand it.

If your coach has this understanding and acceptance of mediocrity then what chance the players having the motivation to fight and perform? What about working hard for your inflated wages, being honourable and giving of your best for your fans who earn considerably less yet pay good money to watch and, not least, having a will to win a being a thorough professional!

We have a mixture of attitudes in our squad. Albrighton, who whilst not always being the most technically blessed of players, always appears to bust a gut for his wages. Gray sometimes has the appearance of a young man who thinks he's already made it whilst the reality is precisely the opposite when compared with the new in, keen to achieve Diabate. Then the enigma Marhez, if he ever does get to Man City under Guadiola he has a rude awakening coming to him! Regardless of any natural talent he thinks he has, he will be expected to be twice as fit as he currently is and to concentrate and bust a gut for an entire 90 minutes. Failure to conform and he won't play. To constantly turn in a masterclass will reveal what a fraud he has been here at times as brilliant as he can be.

We need an inspirational coach and back up team ... who I don't know. We need a huge clear out of overpaid players in the comfort zone some of which think they know more than the manager. They are a disgrace. I'd sooner have the keen young lads and imported 'up and comings' and achieve less than accept this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, willie-bell-in-rothley said:

Could have pointed out that the ground was (pretty much) full yesterday, as it has been largely all season - and almost all away ends. 

Sold out against Palace last week despite nothing to play for and problems on the trains. 

Given the lack of effort on the pitch from the players over the last month they ought to be glad we're still turning up tbh. 

This empty stadium argument is going to be completely twisted, isn't it?

Did they mention that it was taking place well after the match, some of the players had already applauded the fans and plenty had left before the end of the match in any case?

We'll get the entitled fans, short memories, ungrateful crap but if we win on Wednesday the fans will stay to applaud.

17 hours ago, willie-bell-in-rothley said:

Keown's a tool. The kind of guy in your local pub who thinks he's got something insightful to say - but reveals a stunning lack of intelligence. Plus he looks like that alien in Men in Black who kept having his head blown off

http://www.media3.hw-static.com/wp-content/uploads/men-in-black-ii-movie-still-tony-shalhoub-stars-as-jeebs-an-alien-pawnshop-owner_1110436-398x305.jpeg

Edited by Sublime_Coatsworth
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, BenTheFox said:

Glenn Hoddle saying that we play better football now than when we won the league is also up there. 

Just shows they do not actually watch us that much, the supporters who have sat and watched the team over the last decade know when we are playing well or not and this is the worst I have seen us play for a fair few years and this with two England internationals.

9 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Just shows they do not actually watch us that much, the supporters who have sat and watched the team over the last decade know when we are playing well or not and this is the worst I have seen us play for a fair few years and this with two England internationals.

It just highlights his snobbery.

1 minute ago, ithuriel said:

Think it highlights he has a screw loose, when he was England manager he consulted a fortune teller or some such didn't he?

Yeah he's an odd one. I really when England got knocked out of the Euros by Iceland and he was slating them for long throw-ins coming out with nonsense like 'oh it's an eighties throwback' and 'our players don't have to defend things like that'. It was so embarrassing. 

Martin Keown could only wish we had short memories. Then we'd have maybe forgotten what a shit, wankstain he was for us. Typical media snob. Don't ever feel guilty for not accepting this shit we're seeing now.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Glenn Hoddle saying that we play better football now than when we won the league is also up there. 

Glenn Hoddle's weird, I think for analysis he isn't bad but for commentary he's unbearable.

We haven't played good football in ages though. God knows what he's been watching.

33 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Martin Keown could only wish we had short memories. Then we'd have maybe forgotten what a shit, wankstain he was for us. Typical media snob. Don't ever feel guilty for not accepting this shit we're seeing now.

I do like Micky Adams but piling our squad with near-40 year old has-beens like Keown held us back for years.

• Like 1

Majority of pundits simplify things when there is more to it. You can hear them saying as soon as the season is over 'they finished in the top 10 what more do they want' and 'the fans seem to think they should be in the top 6 after winning the League'. I remember last season when puel left southampton le tiss said there was more too it than finishing 8th and that the football was boring and negative. This was accepted as gospel in the Soccer Saturday studio however when ranieri was rightly sacked as imo we were going down the panel critised everyone - the owners, players Shakey etc. Pundits are rarely interested in any club outside the top 6 and only see the odd game and decide to judge without watching regularly.