Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
willie-bell-in-rothley

Poor TV pundits with sh#te opinions

26 minutes ago, biggs said:

they re NOT fans of Leicester....simple minded ignorance  

they're fans of the Ranieri Leicester story last year

they're fans of minnow Leicester that shocked the world

Exactly. We've upset their precious money-bloated corrupt industry and shown it up for being the farce that it is, and they hate us for it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hammo said:

Well how come we all did?

We all don't have to keep the debate going on live TV and get through the talking points of all the games in a limited time though.  Think their understated rebuttals and muted body language made it clear enough what they thought of his bizarre mini rant and really I thought they played that quite well - it just served to amplify Keown appearing like the lone crazy guy that he was.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Carl the Llama said:

We all don't have to keep the debate going on live TV and get through the talking points of all the games in a limited time though.  Think their understated rebuttals and muted body language made it clear enough what they thought of his bizarre mini rant and really I thought they played that quite well - it just served to amplify Keown appearing like the lone crazy guy that he was.

Well let's hope someone in the MOTD post-production unit has a 'quiet word' with Keown (such as 'that was borderline slander, Martin. Don't call us, we'll call you. Sleep well')

Obviously it's tough as fans to stay measured when the majority of pundits are completely destroying us on national TV even when we win and play well. We all loved Claudio. But we all saw what was wrong. He's still football's darling for most people outside of Leicester who put our performances down to a lack of trying. We're an easy target. Obviously these are the same guys who sat there, criticised our shape, formation, starting 11, transfers, level of pressing etc but of course that's just us being a dishonest and disrespectful football club. 

I think the biggest thing is what we did, and what we are doing now is largely unprecedented in the post 1992 world.

many are still getting their heads around what we achieved last season, they are blinded to what's going on now.

We arn't on TV as often so people haven't witnessed the dreadful performances, the strange tactics, the bizarre substitutions and the lack of creativity.

When they think of us they think of the all conquering side of last season, not the side which went 2 months without scoring. Name another team in the league that wouldn't have sacked their manager after going on such a drab spell.

It's ok for Chelsea and Man City to sack their League winning manager when they are in no real danger of being relegated, but little Leicester how could they possibly do this?

Something changed this season and the punters sat in their arm chairs watching the top 6 haven't a clue so they blame anyone, apart from the lovable Grandad who put the pride and hope back into the game last season. 

They also forget that he has been sacked in most of the jobs he's had in his second season. 

• Like 3

The first match of this PML season under the Italian management made me surprised that the foxes are not the same team as the Champion team they preferred  to maintain long posse slow pass  than fast attacking with shortest possession.

It looked like the team had changed from an aggressive attacking team to be a boring defensive team with  world class high skill players . 

Till the manager gone with the Italian football the English football come back. 

17 minutes ago, footballfox said:

The first match of this PML season under the Italian management made me surprised that the foxes are not the same team as the Champion team they preferred  to maintain long posse slow pass  than fast attacking with shortest possession.

It looked like the team had changed from an aggressive attacking team to be a boring defensive team with  world class high skill players . 

Till the manager gone with the Italian football the English football come back. 

I thought last year WAS Italian football? Defend like dogs and then counter like demons.

• Like 1

Let's face it Martin Keown won't be joining Mensa any time soon.

The rest of them are always looking to say things with impact and an eye for making a name for themselves.

We as fans have been great over the last 2 games. We support the club and team not boo the assistance manager and players on pure speculation.

Edited by Crazy Kop Corner

9 hours ago, Corky said:

No he shouldn't be called that. Unfortunately, people listen to these moronic, baseless opinions and take it as gospel. We've got no idea how much Shakespeare was doing behind the scenes or how he was going about his work and to call him a snake, questioning his motives and his practices, is an absolute disgrace.

Just seen that Sutton clip, that's just as slanderous as Keowns bizarre rant.  Even though Savage and the presenter said Shakespeare had been there before, cutting Sutton down, BT Sport still put this as a clip titled Snakespeare.  

It's not just the pundits, it's clear to me that this storyline of backstabbing players and backroom staff is being carried by TV Execs and "media moguls". These guys are just the ones we see.  Time for us to rediscover our siege mentality that has served us so well before

1 hour ago, roblcfc84 said:

Keown is a guy who thinks he's smart and articulate, but it seems to have completely escaped him that's he's thick as f@ck and always misses the point 

I was just coming on to post how he's really getting on my tits. 

****ing tool

9 hours ago, FraserSorensen said:

Keown chatting absolute bob on MOTD - seems to imply that Shakespeare was leading a mutiny under Ranieri and is insensitive in stepping into his grave!

Just watched MOTD this morning and Keown needs to be a bit more careful with the words he uses. A completely ill-judged and borderline libellous comment I'd have said.

Funny how this situation whereby the assistant takes over has happened a thousand times in football yet because it's us and because it's now, there's some murky background story. Bollocks. Useless knob headed pundits trying to justify their own positions.

Edited by Paddy.

18 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Just watched MOTD this morning and Keown needs to be a bit more careful with the words he uses. A completely ill-judged and borderline libellous comment I'd have said.

Funny how this situation whereby the assistant takes over has happened a thousand times in football yet because it's us and because it's now, there's some murky background story. Bollocks. Useless knob headed pundits trying to justify their own positions.

Not forgetting the new manager bounce phenomena that happens so often yet our players are accused of cheating.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

A mutiny eh Martin? Who'd do such a thing?

Screenshot_20170305-090126.thumb.png.3963bc00e7f3815cdf5389a799335000.png

That article reminds me of how much of a dick keown was but it also rekindles my love for Micky Adams. I loved his straight talking in interviews. 

I remember once he was asked why we were struggling in the Prem in an interview (when we had all the has beens playing for nothing) and he said something like "they're all awful players really, that's the reality" 

Edited by Collymore
  • Like 1