Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
willie-bell-in-rothley

Poor TV pundits with sh#te opinions

BT are the worse. Caught a few minutes of them talking about our win. All they could say was how the players & owners were a disgrace. Then one of them started on us the fans and how we were singing Shakey's name, and how we've forgotten about Ranieri. There was one journo sticking up for us on Soccer Supplement. 

51 minutes ago, Louise said:

Keown was questioning Shakespeare on MOTD2 on Monday as well. Just rewatching those highlights and after Hamann starts talking about the rumours of players going to the owners he says "Shakespeare as well was coming in. He's saying listen I think I'm good enough to take over. You wonder what was going on with him as well - it has to be said - because that's how it looks from the outside. You know does he fancy himself to be manager?" 

Seems like he didn't get the right reaction on Monday so he beefed it up last night. Definitely got a bee in his bonnet.

More like a giant blue and white wasp up his arse

1 hour ago, Paddy. said:

It's the sheer hypocrisy that winds me up. Robbie Savage regularly having a dig at modern players for backstabbing when he was about a selfish a cnut as they came when he was a player. Martin Keown accusing Shakey and the players of mutiny when he was effectively sacked for doing exactly that when he was at Leicester, of all places. Shearer criticising the players for not performing for the manager when he had a big hand in Ruud Gullit's sacking at Newcastle. Paul Merson accusing our players of a lack of professionalism- seriously, Paul?

Don't have a problem with strong opinionated pundits and saying it as it is but they are so bloody hypocritical and I'm fed up of hearing from 'experts' who don't seem to have much expertise at all. How many great or even good pundits can you think of? You can count them on one hand.

I'm not sure how many people will agree with me on this but I quite like Danny Murphy. Level headed and talks a great deal of sense. 

• Like 4

Surprised Schwarzer did nothing to dispel the notion that Shakes and the players wanted Ranieri out.

To me it seems like CS will just take things as they come. He is confident he can get the players playing (which two wins in two is testament to) and is just reassuring fans, players and owners that he can keep the ship steady should he stay in charge. Surely he should be praised for leadership skills and not be accused of disloyalty.

How long before the pundits will actually scrutinize Ranieri's performance this season and see that the cracks were appearing right from the start of the season?

Just now, BenTheFox said:

I'm not sure how many people will agree with me on this but I quite like Danny Murphy. Level headed and talks a great deal of sense. 

Yep he looked uncomfortable when Keown was talking site. 

2 minutes ago, Mease said:

Yep he looked uncomfortable when Keown was talking site. 

I remember Keown saying he was surprised we didn't recall Paul Gallagher from out on loan in our first season back in the premier league. Says it all really. 

Edited by BenTheFox

Jonathan Northcroft made q good point today on Sunday Supplement. People look at us as some sort of cinderella club after last year.  They look at us romantically and expect us to act accordingly but reality is we're really just another football club trying to climb up  the ladder. People outside Leicester are setting some unrealistic expectations upon us but we are no different to the other 19 clubs in the Premier League.

17 minutes ago, Koke said:

Jonathan Northcroft made q good point today on Sunday Supplement. People look at us as some sort of cinderella club after last year.  They look at us romantically and expect us to act accordingly but reality is we're really just another football club trying to climb up  the ladder. People outside Leicester are setting some unrealistic expectations upon us but we are no different to the other 19 clubs in the Premier League.

This is it. I honestly feel that most clubs of a similar size to us would have done what we've done in the same situation. Especially if their owners have invested millions and millions as well as clearing £100 million worth of debt. 

16 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

This is it. I honestly feel that most clubs of a similar size to us would have done what we've done in the same situation. Especially if their owners have invested millions and millions as well as clearing £100 million worth of debt. 

I agree. But I sometimes wonder how would people on here react if Burton Albion sacked Nigel Clough because they don't wanna go down. I understand we're different because Burton are barely a 4th division club, they're punching well above their weight. They are literally the smallest club in the Championship whilst there are 7/8 smaller clubs than us in the PL. But the point still stands.

This whole Ranieri meltdown has reminded me to not judge another club for what appears to be outrageous decisions.

Edited by Koke

It's getting to the point where I'd be quite happy for Shakespeare and the players to start boycotting interviews now (still do Radio Leicester and put stuff on their own channel for us). If they contractually have to be there - just coming out with some generic answer to every question - or just a yes or no with no elaboration. 

I can accept these attention-seeking pundits say outlandish things (even though I can't stand hypocrisy and most of the most vocal clowns have been guilty of doing half of the stuff they're virtue signalling about). But when the BBC, SKY and BT Sport start tweeting the personal insults with the headlines, I think the club have to draw a line; if we were one of the 'top 4' you know they wouldn't be doing that. 

I'd love to get really far in the Champions League just so we could do no interviews and really piss BT Sport and everyone else off.   

When 'Boro bin Kranky this week are they going to get the same treatment as we did over CR I wonder ?  i.e sacking a Manger that got them promoted last season?

6 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

When 'Boro bin Kranky this week are they going to get the same treatment as we did over CR I wonder ?  i.e sacking a Manger that got them promoted last season?

He hasnt won them the league  though so they dont need  to be stuck on his bell end apparently.. only would apply if he won them the league.

14 minutes ago, Koke said:

Merson's such a cvnt, "the players must like him because they're trying" and then ends it by "if they get a new manager, and the players don't like him, they'd have to get rid of him in a couple of months." These lot aren't going to let go of the meme that the players got rid of Claudio. Its a complete witch hunt.

1 hour ago, Koke said:

I agree. But I sometimes wonder how would people on here react if Burton Albion sacked Nigel Clough because they don't wanna go down. I understand we're different because Burton are barely a 4th division club, they're punching well above their weight. They are literally the smallest club in the Championship whilst there are 7/8 smaller clubs than us in the PL. But the point still stands.

This whole Ranieri meltdown has reminded me to not judge another club for what appears to be outrageous decisions.

Good point, I recall the stick Blackburn fans were getting for wanting Steve Kean out, and protesting during games. Not ideal but we only saw the outside of what was going on with the Venkys 

2 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

Couldn't agree more. seems to have no axe to grind or point to prove and talks more sense than the rest put together.