Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Stoke (H) Pre Match Thread

Guest CityFan 06

Imagine it will be the same XI as previous weeks, with the exception of Slimani for Okazaki and Morgan for Benalouane.

One option I'd look at would be: moving Albrighton to right wing if Slimani is playing, Gray left wing, Mahrez (or Okazaki later in the match) centrally and of course Albrighton RM. 

I'd go with this to start with...

Schmeichel

Simpson Morgan Huth Fuchs

Mahrez Ndidi Drinkwater Albrighton

Vardy Slimani

6 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

Do we have any updates as to the fitness of Morgan? I could see Benny getting another start given that Wes might still be in recovery and there's no need to push it at his age, and with the crowded fixture list. 

Think Benny might get a start anyway given that we have to play on Tuesday too - no point risking Wes; going to need him to be on his A-game come Atletico.

30 minutes ago, CityFan 06 said:

Imagine it will be the same XI as previous weeks, with the exception of Slimani for Okazaki and Morgan for Benalouane.

One option I'd look at would be: moving Albrighton to right wing if Slimani is playing, Gray left wing, Mahrez (or Okazaki later in the match) centrally and of course Albrighton RM. 

Schmeichel

Vardy Slimani

I think this is exactly what we will see, unless we get Okazaki for 45mins, similar to what Claudio did last season. 

Genuinely curious to see Vardy and Slimani paired again and whether it can function in a team playing well. 

19 hours ago, Ian S said:

Not quite sure what you are trying to say about Albrighton but he has been superb in my opinion the last few games.

Correct. 

Also consider the way we played last season.

We had a low pass conversion rate because Albrighton, Drinks et al were not passing 5 yards sideways all match, but hitting dangerous and high risk balls up to the front men. 

If 40% don't reach their man it doesnt matter at that much at that end of the pitch, but when they do get to there we have goal scoring opportunities.

That amoung other things is what won us the title by 10 points.

1 hour ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Correct. 

Also consider the way we played last season.

We had a low pass conversion rate because Albrighton, Drinks et al were not passing 5 yes sideways all match, but hitting dangerous and high risk balls up to the front men. 

If 40% don't reach their man it doesnt matter at that much at that end of the pitch, but when they do we have goal scoring opportunities.

That amoung other things is what won us the title by 10 points.

Albrighton furstrated the hell out of me during our barren spell, with his no look, hopeless hoofs BUT, he has arguably been our best player over this last month and should be one of the first names on the team sheet. 

Only changes that should be considered are for injury or tiredness, i.e Morgan and Okazaki perhaps. 

47 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Albrighton furstrated the hell out of me during our barenn spell, with his no look, hopeless hoofs BUT, he has arguably been our best player over this last month and should be one of the first names on the team sheet. 

Only changes that should be considered are for injury or tiredness, i.e Morgan and Okazaki perhaps. 

Much like Okazaki, the team needs Albrighton for balance.

Pearson, Ranieri and Shakey have all recognised this.

That said, I'd replace Albrighton with someone with his energy but more quality on the ball as soon as possible this summer, he's horribly limited

14 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Much like Okazaki, the team needs Albrighton for balance.

Pearson, Ranieri and Shakey have all recognised this.

That said, I'd replace Albrighton with someone with his energy but more quality on the ball as soon as possible this summer, he's horribly limited

The same with Okazaki. It would be great if we could buy a winger who works as hard as Albrighton but offers a little more in terms of quality and goals etc and also sign a genuine no.10 who can offer more than Okazaki, as well as just his work rate. 

I'd actually keep them both for next season though, as both can be heavily relied upon to come in and do a job and I can't see either kicking up a huge fuss at being considered a squad player, rather than a starter each week. 

2 hours ago, STUHILL said:

The same with Okazaki. It would be great if we could buy a winger who works as hard as Albrighton but offers a little more in terms of quality and goals etc and also sign a genuine no.10 who can offer more than Okazaki, as well as just his work rate. 

I'd actually keep them both for next season though, as both can be heavily relied upon to come in and do a job and I can't see either kicking up a huge fuss at being considered a squad player, rather than a starter each week. 

I totally  agree, about okazaki and albrighton  and  this is what i  thought/wrote about them and the  fact that they still have a  starter role means that leicester  city havent grown to a regular/ normal team and this  is  very dangerous  for the club ( ranieri tried to do  the job but made mistakes in this way )

The results of the first half of  the season and leicester being hzmmered easily with unfamiliar results ( 3-0 4-0 many times ) by  teams which learned to play down easily the energical players i.e  albri-zaki , huth morgan , even DD and fuchs  were frustrated that their secret has  been a common knowledge to all their opponents  and the  regain form of the late period will be ranieri talk on april 10th ( may be )

Anyway leicester city that told the  world the  secrets of its faiytale story is not ready to  rest or go into dark ages of championship whaever difficult would be  the coming days and whoever player good and brilliant would be mahrez   Vardy or albri-zaki

5 hours ago, UPinCarolina said:

Do we have any updates as to the fitness of Morgan? I could see Benny getting another start given that Wes might still be in recovery and there's no need to push it at his age, and with the crowded fixture list. 

He's not on any of the training pictures on the OS so might not be ready for Saturday...

1 hour ago, CockneyFox said:

He's not on any of the training pictures on the OS so might not be ready for Saturday...

Slightly worried that the injury may well have been caused by a number of players jumping onto his back at the final whistle vs Sevilla..

We really need six points from Stoke and Sunderland. That way we can go into the two Athletico matches without the burden of relegation on our backs. And worry less about how tightly Everton and Crystal Palace are sandwiched between the Athletico matches. But Stoke are a good team. It'll be tough. The only two changes I'd expect are Slimani and maybe Benny: I suspect Slimani is hungry to get back on the score sheet.

20 hours ago, CityFan 06 said:

Schmeichel

Vardy Slimani

Mahrez looks confused when he plays centrally, we've seen it in the national team. 

Stoke fan in peace!

Just a couple of things from some comments I've seen on this thread.

We will play a 442 I expect and this should be the lineup:

Grant

Johnson Shawcross Martins-Indi Pieters

Arnautovic Allen Cameron Ramadan

Walters Berahino

Ramadan Sobhi will play on the left and is a serious talent and one to watch out for. This has moved Arnautovic to the right so he will be up against Fuchs I would think.

Our away form isn't as bad as the stats on the previous page suggest. We have won 1 in 7 but 5 of our last 7 away games were against Man city, Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea which provides a little bit of context.

Anyway I'll be there tomorrow and whatever the outcome good luck for the rest of the season and I'd love it if you went all the way in the Champions League. I have had a soft spot for Leicester for a while and don't understand some of the comments from some fans after you won the league (jealousy I suppose).

Guest CityFan 06
23 minutes ago, potterinpeace said:

Stoke fan in peace!

Grant

Walters Berahino

Ramadan Sobhi will play on the left and is a serious talent and one to watch out for. This has moved Arnautovic to the right so he will be up against Fuchs I would think.

Our away form isn't as bad as the stats on the previous page suggest. We have won 1 in 7 but 5 of our last 7 away games were against Man city, Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea which provides a little bit of context.

Anyway I'll be there tomorrow and whatever the outcome good luck for the rest of the season and I'd love it if you went all the way in the Champions League. I have had a soft spot for Leicester for a while and don't understand some of the comments from some fans after you won the league (jealousy I suppose).

Nice post and good to have the insight. 

Win this one and we're as good as safe. Should results go our way we'll be out of Sunderland's reach by Tuesday night.

Not expecting a Liverpool scale performance however and a draw wouldnt surprise me either. We haven't drawn a league game since New Years Day so maybe we're due one.

Must say I look forward to this game as much as any nowadays. Always seems to be a bit of spice to it.

2 hours ago, potterinpeace said:

Stoke fan in peace!

Grant

Walters Berahino

Nice post,

Cheers Mark.

2 hours ago, potterinpeace said:

Stoke fan in peace!

Grant

Walters Berahino

Interestingly your local radio guy who was on radio Leicester last night swore blind you'd be playing 1 up front

15 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

Interestingly your local radio guy who was on radio Leicester last night swore blind you'd be playing 1 up front

I'd be surprised but you never know. Walters will drop off into midfield even in that team so it will be more of a 4411 but the personnel above is pretty much how we've been lining up in recent games.

Archived