Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simon789us

Summer 2017 player incoming / outgoing

9 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Just saw a Spurs fan say Kevin Wimmer is probably off this Summer. Anyone know if he's any good? Could probably get him for quite cheap, he's still 24 and knows Fuchs. 

He's renewed his contract until 2021 last summer, so would be pricey still. Maybe not as pricey as Vertonghen, but with Spurs, you never know...

But I like the suggestion. Imagine if we got Hinteregger, as well to add to our Austrian contingency. Then add Teigl from Augsburg and we've got ourselves an Austrian back four. Solid.

Whoever we sign, we need to go back to signing determined players who are likely to fit into the mentality of the club. We've crept away from that over the last few windows and look what has happened. Nearly 2 years after Pearson was sacked and our starting XI only includes one player not signed or managed by him.

We've got where we are by signing players with talent, but more importantly with a natural work rate, competitiveness and positive mental attitude. Players that love to be part of a close-knit unit and who never know when they are beaten.

I think after Kante we got a bit over excited with our ability to pick a gem from abroad. I think we'd be better off spending a bit more time looking at the lower Premier League and upper Championship.

30 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Just saw a Spurs fan say Kevin Wimmer is probably off this Summer. Anyone know if he's any good? Could probably get him for quite cheap, he's still 24 and knows Fuchs. 

From the little I say of him. He was decent. Not as good as Toby and Jan but definitely good enough, decent pace and physical dominance + he is left footed, so I will take him if he is under £16 million.

1 hour ago, Grewks said:

If we keep Mahrez, we need to adapt our system.

We can't carry him as a winger, the two Atletico games proved that.

By system you do you mean our formation/style of play? Why would we do that? I'd hate for us to change how we play.

1 hour ago, lgfualol said:

Saw that too, I think he'd be a great signing. They spent about £4m on him so surely we could offer up something under £10m and stand a decent chance. Would be a good player to pair up with Huth.

7 minutes ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

All back on aboard the Keane Hype train?  Just Pay whatever they ask for this time, could become an invaluable player to us, as we can all agree on Wes and Huth can't play a whole season again.

Huth and wes will still be our starting CBs at the start of the 2020-21 season, we all know it. 

What about Slimani would you sell him always injured allegedly blows hot and cold on the field when hot he plays bloody well, but too many cold performances or would you give him another season??

Liverpool still looking at Chilwell by all accounts !!

would like young Keane from Burnley but looks like he wants to go back to Man Utd !

2 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

What about Slimani would you sell him always injured allegedly blows hot and cold on the field when hot he plays bloody well, but too many cold performances or would you give him another season??

Liverpool still looking at Chilwell by all accounts !!

would like young Keane from Burnley but looks like he wants to go back to Man Utd !

I'd keep Slim.

The goals against Burnley, Middlesborough,West Ham, and Sunderland have been worth 10 points. Keeping us about 10 points clear of relegation at present.

9 minutes ago, Sublime_Coatsworth said:

Chelsea are looking to get rid of Costa.

Him and Vards upfront. Imagine the parties!

Off to China for his huge payday! Lukaku to Chelsea too then. Perfect striker for them in their system. 

Can see Keane going to Everton or Liverpool. Man U won't go for him unless they move CB's out

Sigurdsson valued at £35million :unsure: 

2 minutes ago, Worthington said:

I'd be happy with Wimmer. Put in some excellent performances for Cologne when he was there. Him and possibly one of Gibson/Maguire and we'd be set up for the future at CB!

I don't think we will sign 2 CB's, as I believe we will be stuck with Wes and Huth for one more year, which I think is a mistake personally. 

I would sign 1 top CB like Wimmer or Gibson to start alongside Huth, then have Wes and Benny rotating. Then sign another young-ish top CB next summer to pair with Wimmer/Gibson and Wes/Huth can move on if they wish. 

Will be interesting to see what Shakey does. I'm little concerned he won't do anything with the CB's or he will just sign a young, 4th choice one as a squad filler. 

Lots of 'pie in the sky' shouts on here.

Realistically, we are about as an attractive proposition in the PL as you're going to find outside of Man City, Man U, Everton, Tottenham, Liverpool, Arsenal. Some might say we are level with clubs like West Ham United or Southampton, but I think we're in a tier of our own for a year or two, given our recent successes.

With that in mind, we're going to have to offer a clear path into the Starting XI for those top players we pursue. This will have to come at the expense of established starters. Ulloa comes to mind, here - having largely been driven out of the side this season for the likes of Silmani.

If it's squad players or projects we're pursuing, we're going to need to offer the prospect of stability and a support staff that give them the impression that we mean to develop their talents and take care of their bodies.

For me, this starts with: 1) Hiring Shakes 2) Restoring the support system created by Pearson 3) Holding on to 'lynchpin' players like Vardy and Kasper. In that order.

2 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

Realistically, we are about as an attractive proposition in the PL as you're going to find outside of Man City, Man U, Everton, Tottenham, Liverpool, Arsenal. Some might say we are level with clubs like West Ham United or Southampton, but I think we're in a tier of our own for a year or two, given our recent successes.

With that in mind, we're going to have to offer a clear path into the Starting XI for those top players we pursue. This will have to come at the expense of established starters. Ulloa comes to mind, here - having largely been driven out of the side this season for the likes of Silmani.

If it's squad players or projects we're pursuing, we're going to need to offer the prospect of stability and a support staff that give them the impression that we mean to develop their talents and take care of their bodies.

For me, this starts with: 1) Hiring Shakes 2) Restoring the support system created by Pearson 3) Holding on to 'lynchpin' players like Vardy and Kasper. In that order.

Agreed and I also think the owners may have to grit their teeth and put their hands deep in their pockets for this window, as like you said, at the moment we are in our own tier due to our achievements of last season, and we made the mistake last summer of not really being aggressive and ambitious in the transfer window. 

We are less of an attraction due to no Champions League, but I still believe we can attract some top players but it will come at a cost. 4-5 top players totalling well over 100 million. A scary sum but when you look at Sigurdsson now being valued at £35million, then you can easily see how it all adds up after a few purchases. 

My advice to the owners, would be splash the cash in this window and then we can look to have a couple of quieter ones after that, when the magic of our recent achievements have perhaps worn off and we have less pulling power for top players.

Hold onto our best players like Vardy, Schmeichel but also spend big on players like Sigurdsson and Wimmer

25 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Agreed and I also think the owners may have to grit their teeth and put their hands deep in their pockets for this window, as like you said, at the moment we are in our own tier due to our achievements of last season, and we made the mistake last summer of not really being aggressive and ambitious in the transfer window. 

We are less of an attraction due to no Champions League, but I still believe we can attract some top players but it will come at a cost. 4-5 top players totalling well over 100 million. A scary sum but when you look at Sigurdsson now being valued at £35million, then you can easily see how it all adds up after a few purchases. 

My advice to the owners, would be splash the cash in this window and then we can look to have a couple of quieter ones after that, when the magic of our recent achievements have perhaps worn off and we have less pulling power for top players.

Hold onto our best players like Vardy, Schmeichel but also spend big on players like Sigurdsson and Wimmer

It's also worth noting that we have a few squad players coming through the ranks or returning to the club - Barnes, Lawrence, James, etc.

We can also develop some of our youth signings, as well.

58 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

Agree with this.

Everyone knows who Leicester City are now. We are the most attractive out of the big 6. Who cares about not being in 'London', were only an hour away by a virgin train.

Still think players like James can still reach there full potential and surpass Drinkwater which he was originally on course for in my opinion.

Archived