Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simon789us

Summer 2017 player incoming / outgoing

It goes to show just how bad our recruitment was in the summer that all six players that we signed could quite feasibly no longer be at the club by the end of the transfer window coming. Personally I'd keep hold of Slimani and maybe Kaputska if he could prove himself. Musa, Mendy and Zieler can all leave as far as I'm concerned. I'd be looking closer to home if possible. Providing that our key players stay, my realistic wish list would be: Shawcross, Gibson, Adrien Silva, a number 10 (how's Bojan getting on at Mainz?) and Tammy Abraham. I'd obviously love players like Sigurdsson and Keane, but I think they're out of reach at the minute. 

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

It goes to show just how bad our recruitment was in the summer that all six players that we signed could quite feasibly no longer be at the club by the end of the transfer window coming. Personally I'd keep hold of Slimani and maybe Kaputska if he could prove himself. Musa, Mendy and Zieler can all leave as far as I'm concerned. I'd be looking closer to home if possible. Providing that our key players stay, my realistic wish list would be: Shawcross, Gibson, Adrien Silva, a number 10 (how's Bojan getting on at Mainz?) and Tammy Abraham. I'd obviously love players like Sigurdsson and Keane, but I think they're out of reach at the minute. 

I disagree don't think Keane or sigurdsson are out of our reach at the moment I'd go for both, will be knocked back by Keane as he wants to go back to Utd by all accounts but Sigurdsson would come if we offered him a decent salary !!?

26 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

I disagree don't think Keane or sigurdsson are out of our reach at the moment I'd go for both, will be knocked back by Keane as he wants to go back to Utd by all accounts but Sigurdsson would come if we offered him a decent salary !!?

Both will probably come if we're their only suitors but they'll both have better options than us.

Talk that we are interested in Jeison Murillo from Inter Milan! He wants to leave and we are frontrunners. It was on Sky Sports about a week ago.

I think he would be a great signing, pace, young and a great centre back. Imagine him!

Looking for about 15-20 million for him, thats a bargain!

Agreed?

5 hours ago, foxes21 said:

By system you do you mean our formation/style of play? Why would we do that? I'd hate for us to change how we play.

Because Mahrez isn't working in the system?

If we want to progress we have two choices.

1) Get rid of Mahrez and refuse to 'carry' players....just look at Atleti for the perfect example.

2) Change our style of play to make Mahrez effective.

If possible I think Leicester City should try and target these players. In my opinion it would improve the team in every position and each individual will have to fight to play in the starting XI when there is competition.

Incoming:

RB: Kieran Trippier (Tottenham) 

Tom Smith (Huddersfield Town) 

Andrea Conti (Atalanta)

CB: Michael Keane (Burnley)

Ben Gibson (Middlesbrough)

Harry Maguire (Hull City)

Nathan Ake (Chelsea)

Kurt Zouma (Chelsea)

CM: Naby Keita (RB Leipzig)

Davy Klaassen (Ajax)

RM: Helder Costa (Wolverhampton)

Jota (Brentford)

CAM: Gylfi Sigurdsson (Swansea City)

Tom Lawrence (Back from Loan) Can play on the wings too

Outgoing:

Marcin Wasilewski

Nampalys Mendy

Leonardo Ulloa

Robert Zieler

Bartosz Kapustka (Loan) It would be nice if he get a chance here next year but very unlikely

Potential Lineup:

GK: Kasper Schmeichel  (Ben Hamer or another keeper)

RB: Kieran Trippier (Danny Simpson)

CB: Michael Keane (Yohan Benalouane)

CB: Robert Huth (Wes Morgan)

LB: Ben Chilwell (Christian Fuchs)

RM: Riyad Mahrez (Helder Costa or Jota)

CM: Davy Klaassen (Andy King)

CM: Wilfred Ndidi (Danny Drinkwater)

CAM: Gylfi Sigurdsson (Tom Lawrence)

LM: Demarai Gray (Mark Albrighton)

ST: Jamie Vardy (Islam Slimani)

What do you think people?

3 minutes ago, LCFC_15 said:

If possible I think Leicester City should try and target these players. In my opinion it would improve the team in every position and each individual will have to fight to play in the starting XI when there is competition.

Incoming:

RB: Kieran Trippier (Tottenham) 

Tom Smith (Huddersfield Town) 

Andrea Conti (Atalanta)

CB: Michael Keane (Burnley)

Ben Gibson (Middlesbrough)

Harry Maguire (Hull City)

Nathan Ake (Chelsea)

Kurt Zouma (Chelsea)

CM: Naby Keita (RB Leipzig)

Davy Klaassen (Ajax)

RM: Helder Costa (Wolverhampton)

Jota (Brentford)

CAM: Gylfi Sigurdsson (Swansea City)

Tom Lawrence (Back from Loan) Can play on the wings too

Outgoing:

Marcin Wasilewski

Nampalys Mendy

Leonardo Ulloa

Robert Zieler

Bartosz Kapustka (Loan) It would be nice if he get a chance here next year but very unlikely

Potential Lineup:

GK: Kasper Schmeichel  (Ben Hamer or another keeper)

RB: Kieran Trippier (Danny Simpson)

CB: Michael Keane (Yohan Benalouane)

CB: Robert Huth (Wes Morgan)

LB: Ben Chilwell (Christian Fuchs)

RM: Riyad Mahrez (Helder Costa or Jota)

CM: Davy Klaassen (Andy King)

CM: Wilfred Ndidi (Danny Drinkwater)

CAM: Gylfi Sigurdsson (Tom Lawrence)

LM: Demarai Gray (Mark Albrighton)

ST: Jamie Vardy (Islam Slimani)

What do you think people?

Decent set of targets, although I would say Keane is out of our reach now, as I think one of the big clubs will come in for him or even Everton will be a more attractive proposition for him I would have thought.

I think Mendy having only played 4 times for us, should probably stay and get another 6 months to see if he can offer something.

I'm not sure if Slimani will stay to play back-up to Vardy but I would be open to that, as although I don't think they can play together, as a lone focal point striker, both are decent.

I also think James may be a better option than King for CM cover, and I'm not sure Chilwell will be ready defensively to step up to start at LB. Think Fuchs still has another 6-12 months starting. 

If Ulloa goes, and we are only left with Vardy/Slimani, then I would like a striker on loan, perhaps Tammy Abraham could be an option. Big lad who could make an impact from the bench. 

After Musa the Russian Premier League might be considered a no-go area, but for a central attacking midfield option Spartak Moscow's Jano Ananidze (24) looks a useful option. I saw him playing for Georgia against Wales in Cardiff and he was awesome, full of flair, fluidity and invention. He's helped Spartak to a ten-point lead in Russia, though, so will probably be difficult to get given that club's Champions League ambitions next season.

3 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Don't really understand the Zieler to leave shouts. He hasn't been brilliant but he's only here as back-up. Could do a lot worse at back-up.

Unless he wants out that is.

He wants out if he's not going to get playing time, according to various interviews.

5 hours ago, les-tah said:

Agree with this.

Everyone knows who Leicester City are now. We are the most attractive out of the big 6. Who cares about not being in 'London', were only an hour away by a virgin train.

Still think players like James can still reach there full potential and surpass Drinkwater which he was originally on course for in my opinion.

London's ****ing horrible anyway. Wish I could move to Leiceter.

10 hours ago, foxes21 said:

what about iversen as kaspers back up, if zieler leaves?

Still very young but then age doesn't mean anything if you look at Donnarumma now or Szczesny in the recent past.

I've not heard a lot about Iversen since he came in really though. Has he played a lot for the U18s or U23s? Don't we also have another very promising keeper of a similar age. Is it Bramley?

Archived