Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Clocks Go Forward

Me Mrs for the whole day today is "well it's 7.24am but REALLY it's 6.24".

then tomorrow she's like "I'm tired, think it's from the clocks changing. It's 5.09pm but REALLY it's 4.09pm"

this continues for about  a week of blaming everything in the clocks changing and she forgets about it

3 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

happy... 3pm kick offs become 10pm kick off :)

:scarf:

Don't think I could cope with a 7 hour clock change! (Joking!, I think it would be quite nice to wake up at beer o clock at weekends!)

2 hours ago, China Black said:

I like the long days which go into the late evenings. Can't wait for when the sun is still out all the way until about 9:30pm.:)

You should move to Finland, it would blow your mind! :thumbup:

Spanish MPs are to consider changing time zones by an hour after a report said this would improve eating, sleeping and working habits.
The document by a parliamentary commission said that "Spain for more than 71 years has not been in the correct time zone".
In 1942, the Spanish dictator General Franco moved Spain onto Central European Time to follow Nazi Germany.
The report says Spain should be in the same time zone as the UK and Portugal.
Spain - on the western edge of Europe - is currently one hour ahead of GMT during the winter and two hours ahead in the summer.
'Bringing into line'
"We sleep almost an hour less than the World Health Organization recommends,'' the commission said.
"All this has a negative effect on productivity, absenteeism, stress, accidents and school drop-out rates.''

It said that following the "wrong clock" explained why Spaniards tended to eat, leave work and go to bed later than their European neighbours.
"Our timetable is determined more by the sun than by the clock. We eat at one o'clock in the afternoon and dine at eight, according to the sun, but the clock says it is three o'clock and 10 o'clock," the text said.
It added that jumping back an hour would bring Spain "into line with Europe in many respects in which we currently differ".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-24294157

Was just beginning to enjoy waking up to a bit of light in the mornings... oh well.

Tbh I think we should change the clocks more often:  Yeah it sucks a bit having to go to bed earlier/get less sleep when we move them forwards but let's be honest it's worth it for that glorious day of an extra hour in bed. I want more of those days.  

In fact let's just turn the clock back an hour every night, who's with me?

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Don't forget after putting them forward an hour on Sunday, we're turning them back 44 years today.

And you guys said science would suffer post brexit, yet on the very day it occurs we have a time machine break through. Progress :scarf:

Its only been a few days but this is the first time this clock moving forward lark has really affected me for some reason, literally cannot get to sleep until well after 1am and I've slept straight through three straight 6am alarms.  

Why do we still do this anymore? I hate setting my clock forward. Waking up at 5:30 becomes waking up at 4:30. Though when you fall back, and get an extra hour it is pretty glorious. But I'm not sure that's worth arbitrarily feeling like shit for a week or two.

Archived