Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

Trouble in Madrid

1 minute ago, Foxes1 said:

The Russian embassy hopes British fans behave at the next world cup in Russia. They hyave a bloody cheek.

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/russian-embassy-weighs-into-row-over-leicester-city-fans-in-madrid-with-bizarre-massacre-tweet/story-30270942-detail/story.html

I watched a programme the other day about Russian hooliganism and how their hooligans that are part pf some organised group often 'train' in some forests and try and get new members in In readiness for a next big match etc..

Perhaps, for once, the Russians should look to improve their own image first towards the rest of the world, whether it's in football (in this case) or not, and stop stating the obvious in telling others to grow up and behave.

16 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

See the Madrid fans let flares off to welcome their team before the match. What do the Spanish police do nothing two faced b******s.

They were six loud firecrackers let off before the game, just outside the ground. 

However, Atletico ended up battling with the police at their last home CL game.

Having been out in Madrid and spending time in the Square there is no doubting that a very small minority played in to the hands of the Spanish police. They were simply biding their time and clearly had the nod to wade in whenever they saw fit. Sadly the sight of a blue flare which was simply extinguished and not thrown was the green light for them to mobilise and start the inevitable. This then provoked the minority and weve all seen what happened next.

What amazes me is those who werent there citing 'yobs' singing german bombers, gibraltar, etc as being a reason to beat someone? Whilst in Leicester Seville fans got lively, sang (christ knows what?) and threw glasses. No-one was batton charged and it eventually calmed down, british police response was far different. 

The pc brigade on here need to realise football creates atmospheres outside of stadiums, yes there are knob heads involved and yes some will deserve being dealt with severely. 

Madrid was a large congregation with 99.9% drinking, singing, lapping up the sun. People were hit for simply staying in their seats at the bar/restaurants or standing where they were as had nothing to do with it. This is a spanish police problem not Leicester. Bruges, Porto and Copenhagen were fine. 

Move on. Big game to come Tuesday.

* guillem balague saying on Sky that thousands of Leicester fans were involved in trouble and miss-behaving. Absolutely disgraceful, 2k fans in square and less than 20 would have been involved. Fake news at its finest!

Edited by Blanchflower78
Addition
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, los dedos said:

Fair trial in 2 to 3 days?

Civil law in Spain sees a judge appointed by the Police within 24 hours. Suspect the punishment will be reduced to a fine after the Easter weekend.

The evidence could be fairly damning

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

Just got back this morning. Some of the Spanish police went to far saw women and children being chased and old blokes getting twated by the police. I had to ran down a side street from the police just to get away. Very scary.

On a side note the incident on the trains with lads nicking beer was caused by a pay strike by rail staff manning the buffet counters. No food or drink available to be served so people just started to help themselves. I was on a train from Alicante to Madrid and something similar happened on there.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

All suspended sentences apparently. 

Criminal record now and with the EU/US security info sharing means no Florida holidays for any involved 

hope or none were planning immigrating to Oz or NZ either ! 

59 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

I watched a programme the other day about Russian hooliganism and how their hooligans that are part pf some organised group often 'train' in some forests and try and get new members in In readiness for a next big match etc..

Perhaps, for once, the Russians should look to improve their own image first towards the rest of the world, whether it's in football (in this case) or not, and stop stating the obvious in telling others to grow up and behave.

Why, it's the English fans that are daft enough to broadcast their actions. The police only have to monitor twitter or snapchat.  The Russians don't, they don't go in singing about the war and beating Germany etc, they just beat the shit out of opposition fans then put videos up 2 months later to prove they've done it.

9 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

The more I hear about it the more it's astounding anyone can defend this lot. Anyone defending the police is no Leicester fan to me. Where was this trouble in Belgium, Denmark, or most comparably, Portugal?

The common denominator is Spanish police. They are animals. Vile, vile animals. I genuinely would celebrate any death of theirs.

The kind of comment i would expect from some one stood at the front of it all, flare in hand.

Grow up. 'Genuinely would celebrate any death of theirs' bang out of order, Whatever happened in Madrid.

Take a minute, put your dummy in and put things into perspective.

Edited by adejo92

56 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Many criminal trials last less than a week here anyway. An open and shut case can easily be wrapped up in 2 days.

From arrest to trial you can be waiting anywhere up to a year. Then senetenceing is 3 weeks after the trial if found guilty.

8 minutes ago, CockneyFox said:

Not directed at the police though. Big difference

Atleti v Policia in March. Hence it's frustrating to hear/see us tagged across the world this week as although we are only fans to have had problems over there.

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

28 minutes ago, EnglishOxide said:

Worth noting that in none of these videos do Leicester fans a) attack other people or b) attack the police.

So who was at fault for the conflict?

lol You're aware that a number of police officers were actually injured in the disturbances?

Maybe they beat each other with their batons and shields.....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

Criminal record now and with the EU/US security info sharing means no Florida holidays for any involved 

hope or none were planning immigrating to Oz or NZ either ! 

My mate goes Florida every year he has quite a bad record.

Just now, CockneyFox said:

lol You're aware that a number of police officers were actually injured in the disturbances?

Yeah i'm sure those San Miguel cans bloody killed them with their full body armour on, helmets and shields to protect them. Jesus wept.

13 minutes ago, CockneyFox said:

You are naive if you think the police suffered injuries. They look like robocop. Doesn't make our fans any better but the whole relationship between police and the court system is easy to corrupt.

In civil law, the Police ring around the judges and find out whose free within 48 hours. The Police appoint the judge themselves. It's why I'm certain nearly all of these arrests will lead to fines. Sentences mean open proceedings

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

9 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

The more I hear about it the more it's astounding anyone can defend this lot. Anyone defending the police is no Leicester fan to me. Where was this trouble in Belgium, Denmark, or most comparably, Portugal?

The common denominator is Spanish police. They are animals. Vile, vile animals. I genuinely would celebrate any death of theirs.

To clear this up they are connected to the police, but actual Spanish     police are what you find anywhere, helpful and their to assist and protect you. 

Yesterdays clashes and most clashes involve a division called the civil guard, they deal with situations involving large crowds that could potentially turn hostile. They're military trained, I want to say they date back to Franco but not certain. Even the locals are shit scared of them, in fact I think there is a Spanish saying relating to getting into more trouble than warranted to do with being pulled over by a civil guard for speeding.

For me, and this being someone caught up in it having literally just arrived in plaza mayor as the worst of it proper kicked, it's a difficult one. I don't know why they encouraged everyone to congregate there as a square with hundreds of Leicester fans around the outside and a heavy civil guard presence in the middle was just red rag to a bull for both parties. 

Ulitimatley, I forever hear British people talking about immigrants and visitors to our country having to respect the way our country works and abide by our rules etc. We were out of order make no mistake about that, a acting the way we did crowds from any country or any back ground would of been treated the same if they hurled a smoke bomb at the civil guard which is what caused the biggest fracar. This is just the way their country works and if you want to be mad at anyone I'd be angry at the people that dictate that that is acceptable behaviour not wishing death on men carrying out orders in a manner they have been trained to do so. And I think this is it really a lot of us don't seem to understand in Spanish terms they were acting perfectly acceptably.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

To clear this up they are connected to the police, but actual Spanish     police are what you find anywhere, helpful and their to assist and protect you. 

Yesterdays clashes and most clashes involve a division called the civil guard, they deal with situations involving large crowds that could potentially turn hostile. They're military trained, I want to say they date back to Franco but not certain. Even the locals are shit scared of them, in fact I think there is a Spanish saying relating to getting into more trouble than warranted to do with being pulled over by a civil guard for speeding.

For me, and this being someone caught up in it having literally just arrived in plaza mayor as the worst of it proper kicked, it's a difficult one. I don't know why they encouraged everyone to congregate there as a square with hundreds of Leicester fans around the outside and a heavy civil guard presence in the middle was just red rag to a bull for both parties. 

Ulitimatley, I forever hear British people talking about immigrants and visitors to our country having to respect the way our country works and abide by our rules etc. We were out of order make no mistake about that, a acting the way we did crowds from any country or any back ground would of been treated the same if they hurled a smoke bomb at the civil guard which is what caused the biggest fracar. This is just the way their country works and if you want to be mad at anyone I'd be angry at the people that dictate that that is acceptable behaviour not wishing death on men carrying out orders in a manner they have been trained to do so. And I think this is it really a lot of us don't seem to understand in Spanish terms they were acting perfectly acceptably.

Good post...i guess they dont get their respect and fear factor from selfies and politely asking tw@ts to put out their flares.

Edited by adejo92

10 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Good post. Very informative.