Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

Trouble in Madrid

21 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

How ever we try to dress it up ,if the total scroats lots without tickets hadn't kicked off our city ,football club and country wouldnt be viewed as such an embarrassment. Total animals and I'm glad when we first went into the square and saw the caliber of these t*****s we made a sharp exit as it was obvious what was going to unfold.

To blame the police for their actions after the behavior of these animals is ridiculous .

Do we know all involved had no tickets, no one is blaming the police for their actions against the minority few causing trouble, we are blaming them for hitting old people, women, children, innocent fans trying to get away.

Some of the actions of the police I can only class as cowardly, and that's coming from someone who was on riot teams for numerous years, they had no discipline or control, just dished out indiscriminate beatings.

9 minutes ago, promised land said:

Harsh? You saw the trouble and got out, likewise we did and hundreds of others, there's two sides to every story but you've got a few posters on here saying the police were at fault, they were doing their job and carrying out orders.

If the low life's weren't throwing beer, bottles, bombs, flares (insert what you like here) they wouldn't have reacted, they didn't charge us at midday when most were just sitting around. 

When  they fired those shots, the scum all cheered and as I said earlier stood there arms held high, then some pleb threw that bomb plus bottles etc, if you're going to do that you deserve a beating, the tourists and families and most other fans all got out or to the arches, the ones that hung around in that mob got hit, then that idiot says 'disgusting' in that clip on here. lol

Yet moments earlier he is waving a flare.

End of the day, you're in their country so respect their rules and authority and you won't get any trouble, it's not rocket science.

I totally agree I think you've missed the point.

I'm saying, if they are telling the truth which tbf id be inclined to believe a father and son aged 27 and 49  from Oakham without wanting to judge too much on demographics they were in the wrong place at the wrong time and didn't have time to react, I was pretty close to being in the same boat.

56 minutes ago, promised land said:

Where have I called him a liar?

I said 'believe everything you read in the media', also they went into the area where the trouble was which puts you in the frame, the plod are not going to walk up to them and ask them if they've just arrived after having a meal, they're brutal, we knew that so why put yourself in that situation.

BBC a trustworthy sitelol do me a favour, they announced last week one of their former DJ's had died when he hadn't amongst other cock ups they make.

So in your eyes letting flares off in darkness is ok?  :rolleyes:

I was referencing a story with direct quotes from a City fan, which you're suggesting I shouldn't believe, therefore saying I shouldn't believe what that City fan and his old man were saying. You didn't call him a liar directly but implied it pretty strongly.

Do you believe him or not? 

6 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

The atletico supporters should be made welcome in the New parks fanzone and marched to the ground by riot police while we all throw cabbages and tomatoes at them. See how they like it.

lol some humour in this forum at last

9 minutes ago, promised land said:

Harsh? You saw the trouble and got out, likewise we did and hundreds of others, there's two sides to every story but you've got a few posters on here saying the police were at fault, they were doing their job and carrying out orders.

If the low life's weren't throwing beer, bottles, bombs, flares (insert what you like here) they wouldn't have reacted, they didn't charge us at midday when most were just sitting around. 

When  they fired those shots, the scum all cheered and as I said earlier stood there arms held high, then some pleb threw that bomb plus bottles etc, if you're going to do that you deserve a beating, the tourists and families and most other fans all got out or to the arches, the ones that hung around in that mob got hit, then that idiot says 'disgusting' in that clip on here. lol

Yet moments earlier he is waving a flare.

End of the day, you're in their country so respect their rules and authority and you won't get any trouble, it's not rocket science.

Orders or not, no law enforcer should whack people indiscriminately. 

Seen some of the clips of Leicester fans throwing stuff at the police. There are more involved than I thought there was going to be to be honest. Even so, I stick with what I said before: the police should have systemically gone through the square making arrests. They had the body armour and they could have got the numbers in to carry that out.

The headhunt at the end was still, quite clearly, by far the worst thing that happened on Wednesday.

6 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

Do we know all involved had no tickets, no one is blaming the police for their actions against the minority few causing trouble, we are blaming them for hitting old people, women, children, innocent fans trying to get away.

Some of the actions of the police I can only class as cowardly, and that's coming from someone who was on riot teams for numerous years, they had no discipline or control, just dished out indiscriminate beatings.

Out of interest, how would you have expected the British riot police to react in a similar situation?

sat in the home end at the vicente calderon and I must say the atletico fans are a credit to their club and their city. unfortunately a minority of absolute cretins (with or without tickets - regardless they still represent the club)  have tarnished the clubs reputation and will now be tarred with the same 'english thugs abroad' label that is used every time a team plays in europe.

as others have said there would have been no reaction from the police if mindless mongoles hadn't thrown missiles at the police and the attempted deflection to the police brutality is an easy cop out. sort of embarrassing.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Harry - LCFC said:

Seen some of the clips of Leicester fans throwing stuff at the police. There are more involved than I thought there was going to be to be honest. Even so, I stick with what I said before: the police should have systemically gone through the square making arrests. They had the body armour and they could have got the numbers in to carry that out.

The headhunt at the end was still, quite clearly, by far the worst thing that happened on Wednesday.

Out of interest, how would you have expected the British riot police to react in a similar situation?

Target the main trouble makers, use verbal reasoning to clear the area first, use force if remaining crowd is non compliant.

Any use of force should be used after all other de-escalation options have failed, especially when using potentially life taking equipment such as rubbber bullets.

Not hit everyone, only those that pose a threat, and not strike people who are showing a submissive, non threatening manner, and clearly have no where to go, that's called escalating an incident 

Edited by Monsell1976

35 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I was referencing a story with direct quotes from a City fan, which you're suggesting I shouldn't believe, therefore saying I shouldn't believe what that City fan and his old man were saying. You didn't call him a liar directly but implied it pretty strongly.

Do you believe him or not? 

I would want the full facts before finding him guilty or not, I just said don't believe everything you read. I certainly wouldn't find him innocent from just a BBC link.

The fact manwell Pablo says it's a dad and lad from Oakham, so we judge people by who they're with, their age and where they live. I never realised that's how the justice system worked. I thought it was down to evidence.

Edited by promised land

7 hours ago, Ecdysiast said:

People here seriously arguing if one form of retarded, offensive obnoxious behaviour deserved a beating more than another? Every time twats behave like twats for the sake of "notches on their hardman bedposts" football suffers. It's not complicated....

Watch the game! Enjoy the game! Argue about the ref! call the lino a cvnt!  Whatever...its football

Don't "invade another's turf",

Don't chant offensive, intimedating bullshit,

Don't get drunk and shout obscenities at the locals.

Don't do drugs

Don't throw flares in major tourist sites

Don't trash the city by chucking all your litter shit wherever

Don't steal

Don't vandalise

Don't puke

Don't get into an argument with the local law - especially if you know they're not fussy about banging a few heads, maybe even your friend's head that just happened to be passing by.

Don't give the impression that everyone who supports your club is a potentially violent, uneducated, anti-social, yob

Don't make the rest of us ashamed to be associated with you

that's not football.. That's behaving like scum.

Support your team! Behave in a civilised fashion, just in case some fellow fan might want to go back to that city in the future.

There are no "grey areas". Someone gets beaten...Someone in our crowd caused it. Don't blame the locals, blame our own.

Lets win the 2nd leg for all those that made the trip and came off worse because they happened to be near a bunch cvnts that have the balls to call themselves Leicester fans 

Nonsense - drugs at least should be fine.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Gerard said:

In Bruges I went round the back streets looking for a decent restaurant and I seen about half a dozen riot vans and police parked up. They had the good sense to stay out the way as not to antagonise or flame the Leicester fans good spirits during the day. Good policing as they were prepared but not needed.

I also had a friend who was arrested in Madrid. He done absolutely nothing wrong and was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. He got batoned in the head and is suffering from concussion and had to be reminded to do basic tasks when he was released this morning, he's checked himself into hospital in Coventry this afternoon.

He also had more or less nothing to drink or eat for two days whilst in custody. He has pleaded guilty to his trumped up charges against his lawyers advice as the police told the eight arrested if any one of them pleaded not guilty they would hold them all in custody. He's that concussed still he doesn't even know what he's plead guilty to.

And there will be people on here saying he should be hung, drawn and quartered. He's a 47 year old man who did nothing wrong and hasn't even got a criminal record.

Out of interest, was he fined ?

20 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Out of interest, was he fined ?

No he's not been fined. He would have been one of the two "businessmen" mentioned by the press as he has his own business.

Another friend who was with him was also batoned but not arrested and said neither of them did nothing wrong. They were in the seating area when the police charged at them and couldn't get out the way.

36 minutes ago, Gerard said:

No he's not been fined. He would have been one of the two "businessmen" mentioned by the press as he has his own business.

Another friend who was with him was also batoned but not arrested and said neither of them did nothing wrong. They were in the seating area when the police charged at them and couldn't get out the way.

Interesting point about being sat doing nothing. I would probably have left earlier but my son was intent on taking video on his phone to try and further his journalism career. so I sat in the cafe on the right about five tables back from the front. I had finished my creme  brûlée which I bought to allow me to sit there whilst I drank my second (and last) beer of the day! events rumbled on with the firecrackers going off and the police vans speeding around, sirens blaring. The area generally emptied but I actually sat there expecting the police to just clear the nobs who were obviously responsible. I felt no personal threat. I just assumed the police would see me sat quietly and leave me alone. and then they suddenly charged at the front table and smacked their batons onto it, knocking it flying and also the poor bloke who was on Aimee's eight second video. at that point my son ran in my direction and I realised I had better make a quick exit. As posted previously, that led me eventually to the stone corner stairwell where several guys fell and were fortunately picked up by others  - instant thoughts of ibrox which is clearly over the top but you had no idea how many were pushing from behind. By the way, if you are the guy who was desperately holding onto your last centimetre of beer as we slipped and tripped down that stairway - really???

in respect of your post, had I not got up and run, would I have been nicked? seems like I might. and yet my initial instinct was to stay put to illustrate I had nothing to do with what was going on whilst they would clear those who were. my son was livid - I tried to explain that they were carrying out orders to clear the square and doing it their way meant minimum risk to their safety. When in Rome I guess but could and should have been handled so much better. 

• Like 2

Leicester City in Madrid: It was shocking from those supposed to keep us safe

By Leicester Mercury  |  Posted: April 14, 2017

By Gary Silke

0 COMMENTS   5 SHARES

image: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/276308/Article/images/30271703/15957017-large.jpg

Riot police confront Leicester City fans in Madrid

I hate airports. I hate flying. Usually, Mallorca and back for my summer holidays will do me for a year, writes Gary Silke in his Leicester City fanzone column.

But we are not living in normal times. Leicester City are in the quarter-finals of the Champions League and I am writing this whilst accelerating up a runway for the 11th time on this European Odyssey.

I'm not flying home, I'm flying hundreds of miles in the wrong direction, so that on Friday I can make it a round dozen from Palma to Birmingham.

Because when the club you have supported since you were a kid are playing in the world's greatest club competition, you do whatever it takes to get there.

And is it really worth it? Of course, it is

I am certainly not the only one. Our gathering of friends in Plaza de Chuece before the game had flown in from Dublin, Rome, Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Barcelona. Blue shirts descending on the Spanish capital from all points of the compass.

And is it worth all the time off work, and huge expense, and absolutely exhausting yourself?

Of course it is.

City fans are fairly well-grounded and understand that this might never happen again.

If you are a Chelsea or Manchester City fan, then you can afford to pick and choose your European away trips because they'll probably be another few next season.

We know we have to seize the day.

European trips are great fun, but can be hard going. Punishing travel schedules and a day's sightseeing and drinking, topped off by a long walk to the ground, an ascent up to the upper tier, 90 minutes football, and then being kept back in the ground for over half-an-hour, can leave you feeling shattered by the time you reach your hotel.

image: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/276308/Article/images/30271703/15957019.jpg

Riot police confront Leicester City fans in Madrid

In Madrid, you can add to these trials – some shocking behaviour by the very people whose job it is to keep you safe.

Both police and stewards seemed very eager to stamp down on any minor infraction with excessive force the first resort.

Although we didn't witness the ugly scenes when City fans had their heads split open by police batons in the Plaza Mayor, I saw at first hand inside the ground a shocking piece of brutality from a group of four stewards.

It was vicious behaviour beyond my understanding

A young City fan in the concourse did something very minor, and was set upon by four stewards who sprinted into action like a starting pistol had gone off.

He was dragged around the floor like a rag doll, while the police threatened anyone taking photos of the incident with batons drawn.

The lad was prepared to go quietly, but wanted to get to his feet. But they were still in a frenzy as he was thrown down some steps on to his front, sat on and handcuffed.

It was vicious, wholly unprofessional behaviour, and how it is allowed to go on is beyond my understanding.

I was pleased to hear that LCFC have demanded an inquiry into what led to innocent fans being assaulted.

While UEFA may struggle to influence a long-established culture of macho policing, the worst thugs I saw on the trip were stewards wearing their logo.

Read more at http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/it-was-just-shocking-from-those-supposed-to-be-keeping-us-safe/story-30271703-detail/story.html#Au537yXV7xYAi1YZ.99

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, davieG said:

"Thuggish Madrid police should be sacked' says Leicester City fans' chief

By danjmartin  |  Posted: April 14, 2017

2 COMMENTS   10 SHARES

image: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/276308/Article/images/30271494/15956828-large.jpg

Lance Tomlyn

The chairman of a Leicester City fans' group has called for Spanish police officers who clashed with supporters in Madrid to be sacked.

Lance Tomlyn, who heads the Leicester City Independent Supporters Association, has written a two-and-a-half page letter to Madrid's police chief complaining about the way officers dealt with violent scenes before Wednesday's Champion's League match.

Mr Tomlyn acknowledges the behaviour of a minority of supporters let down the club but claimed the response of the police was worse.

Mr Tomlyn, 59, was in Madrid's Plaza Mayor when officers moved against trouble-making Leicester fans but claimed it was the law enforcement officials who were the more thuggish.

Read more: Madrid judge suspends jail terms for eight Leicester City fans

He said he was struck on the head and legs himself as he tried to escape the chaotic scene.

In his letter he said they appeared to hit out indiscriminately.

He believed they were out of control and described them as a total disgrace.

He wrote: "I witnessed them hitting innocent men, women and even children. "

He claimed: "Rather than concentrate on the main culprits your brave police men in full riot gear targeted the innocent Leicester City fans in the bars and restaurants dressed in t-shirts and flip flops. I hope that makes you very proud."

In his opinion he wrote: ".....all those accountable for the actions and those who gave the orders should be held responsible.

"Every one of them should be removed from their post and a public apology should be given to those who were injured and affected...."

The Mercury has been unable so far to contact Madrid's police for comment.

Read more at http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/thuggish-madrid-police-should-be-sacked-says-leicester-city-fans-chief/story-30271494-detail/story.html#PoZ7GS5bbH71Ckr8.99

I nearly choked when I read this crap! In fact I'm writing a letter to Madrid police now!

' Dear chief of policia nacional 

How dare you have the audacity to strike our supporters! It's your job to accept having flares lit in your main tourist square, have chairs and cans thrown at you by bare chested half wits chanting un cohesive drivel. The other people there laughing and egging them on had no right copping a baton nor did the people drinking their own beer at restaurant tables. Don't you know anything about how to police noisy obnoxious English supporters?You should apologize in person to them all especially the ticketless ones who spent hard earn money to trash your square '

that should do the trick!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, adejo92 said:

The kind of comment i would expect from some one stood at the front of it all, flare in hand.

Grow up. 'Genuinely would celebrate any death of theirs' bang out of order, Whatever happened in Madrid.

Take a minute, put your dummy in and put things into perspective.

Couldn't give a fvck. Vermin cvnts. fvck them.

Edited by Dan LCFC

3 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I totally agree I think you've missed the point.

I'm saying, if they are telling the truth which tbf id be inclined to believe a father and son aged 27 and 49  from Oakham without wanting to judge too much on demographics they were in the wrong place at the wrong time and didn't have time to react, I was pretty close to being in the same boat.

Yeah, if you are going to Madrid for a bit of aggro, you don't go with your dad do you?

25 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

I nearly choked when I read this crap! In fact I'm writing a letter to Madrid police now!

' Dear chief of policia nacional 

How dare you have the audacity to strike our supporters! It's your job to accept having flares lit in your main tourist square, have chairs and cans thrown at you by bare chested half wits chanting un cohesive drivel. The other people there laughing and egging them on had no right copping a baton nor did the people drinking their own beer at restaurant tables. Don't you know anything about how to police noisy obnoxious English supporters?You should apologize in person to them all especially the ticketless ones who spent hard earn money to trash your square '

that should do the trick!

This is type of mentality that gets me, nobody is saying that they are to stand there and have things thrown at them, find the culprits, give them a good kicking if that's their culture/ way of policing, but what threat did that bloke in the wheel chair offer, clearly he deserved a baton around his head, and more randomly beaten fans, that's what people are moaning about, disabled, women, kids, innocent people, acting peacefully, being brutally beaten

Edited by Monsell1976
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Ian S said:

What an incredibly immature post.

You state'hear about it'.Was that because you were not in the square or not in Madrid.?

I was in Madrid. I saw what they were doing. By "hear about it" I meant who I was talking to about it today, I was speaking to a couple who got arrested.

There's no defending the way they were treated. They're absolute vermin in my eyes. No apology for what I said.

3 hours ago, mazarron fox said:

How ever we try to dress it up ,if the total scroats lots without tickets hadn't kicked off our city ,football club and country wouldnt be viewed as such an embarrassment. Total animals and I'm glad when we first went into the square and saw the caliber of these t*****s we made a sharp exit as it was obvious what was going to unfold.

To blame the police for their actions after the behavior of these animals is ridiculous .

lol

The police who started it in Seville, the police who started it on Tuesday, the police who went in after one smoke bomb was set off.

Yeah, I blame the innocents who got beaten.

For what it's worth, the criticism of those singing about Gibraltar / German bombers, for some of it's fair, I can't imagine they're directly linked to how the police acted. As stated, this had gone on a few times before Wednesday.