Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

Trouble in Madrid

This is radiculous how can people justify that behaviour? 'Lads will be lads' yer that's exactly why the british have a terrible name abroad and exactly why the cops treat us with no respect what so ever. 

Respect is earnt. As a country, the way our young ones and even grown adults behave abroad. We deserve non. 

Oh man I have just read this back and realise I sound like a grumpy old man haha. Oh well. 

Edited by foxhateram
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

I'd imagine the Spanish police won't take quite the same view.

You might not think you are representing your country and club when abroad, but you are. They didn't need to take stuff, and it's the kind of behaviour that reinforces the stereotypes that end with batons to the head, imho.

Are you talking about football fans or Spanish Police?

9 hours ago, tylesta said:

Hahaha there a few lads helping themselves to a few free beers. Some people on here are going on like they are animals. Shouldn't that bar be manned? If it was this wouldn't happen. 

I know all the lads in this vid bar one and they go every game and never cause trouble or have.

I'll wait until you leave your door unlocked and help myself to a free tv.

Not animals, just a bit sad and pathetic really. Grown men acting like little children who don't know better.  I'm up for a laugh, but there are lines.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, MattP said:

It's depressing some people are getting more upset over a few lads nicking a couple of beers rather than their own fans, many of whom appears to have done nothing wrong, who are being assaulted by thugs in riot gear.

Probably because we've got evidence of one and no evidence of another.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Harry - LCFC said:

As MattP says, there are some very naive people in this thread who want to moralise to the rest of the fanbase. In Seville the police attacked Leicester fans for no reason. People drinking at a bar had rubber bullets fired at them.

Mate, why would people on here listen to first hand reports when they could just read a biased Guardian article that panders to their own pre-conceived opinions? That way they get to jump straight on the internet, tell everyone how they wouldn't get hit if they were they and label everyone who travelled AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Harry - LCFC said:

As MattP says, there are some very naive people in this thread who want to moralise to the rest of the fanbase. In Seville the police attacked Leicester fans for no reason. People drinking at a bar had rubber bullets fired at them.

For no reason really? Having heard the yobs in early afternoon saying thet they were looking for trouble later it's no surprise there was trouble. We decided to drink away from these sorts and other fans intent on keeping away from trouble would be advised to do likewise

9 hours ago, bovril said:

It is possible to hold two separate, non mutually-exclusive thoughts in your head at one time - like police abroad can be brutal fvckers beating up innocents and the people taking beers on the train are stealing chavs.

Really not difficult.

This

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MattP said:

It's depressing some people are getting more upset over a few lads nicking a couple of beers rather than their own fans, many of whom appears to have done nothing wrong, who are being assaulted by thugs in riot gear.

Quite.

27 minutes ago, Harry - LCFC said:

It's a fecking away day, are we not allowed to do what football fans do? Would you expect to get beaten up if you did that in England?

Am I obliged to do 'what football fans do', or is it OK for me to not draw attention to myself? 

21 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

True but bovril is also right, just because the police are pricks it doesn't mean we don't have a fair few absolute nobs over there. Goes both ways.

The vast majority have gone for the football and some time away from work, to support city and have fun.

But you'll always get the fringe element who could probably barely name our starting eleven that literally just like going to stick it to some foreign city, who enjoy the British reputation for hooliganism and who will get off on the buzz of having the riot police descend.

It's the same idiots that follow British teams at about every summer tournament ever.

Again, they're a minority, but they're still a vocal one and it only takes one such pratt lobbing stuff at the police and everyone's going to get tarred with the same brush.

And I'm happy to condemn those people, but in England police would selectively arrest people rather than baton everyone.

Plus we've heard a few incidients where there were no troublemakers at all and our fans still got hit.

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Am I obliged to do 'what football fans do', or is it OK for me to not draw attention to myself? 

The point I was making was that those who do congregate shouldn't be seen as 'at fault' purely for doing so, I thought that was what you were suggesting.

4 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I feel like I did Copenhagen all wrong, eating smuuurrbruurrhd and visiting museums.

I'm not cut out to be a football fan.

• Like 4

I don't need to be there to know that some fans are acting like *****, I saw it in Seville and I've seen it numerous times. Unfortunately these sort of trips highlight the morons more. 

Spanish police are disgraceful too though, most police would have a presence without being over the top and confrontational but the Spanish police love it. 

• Like 1

Just now, Harry - LCFC said:

And I'm happy to condemn those people, but in England police would selectively arrest people rather than baton everyone.

Plus we've heard a few incidients where there were no troublemakers at all and our fans still got hit.

The point I was making was that those who do congregate shouldn't be seen as 'at fault' purely for doing so, I thought that was what you were suggesting.

To be honest, I'm not convinced our police would be as angelic as that. I'm not saying they'd be as indiscriminate as the Spanish and I definitely think the reports of the Spanish police in Seville, inside the stadium, attacking football fans is awful.

But when you consider there was a large crowd of intoxicated football fans being rowdy and - let's be honest here - playing devils advocate, if you look at it from a non-football perspective, it's anti social behavior.

You've got this enormous crowd of drunk foreigners in the middle of your capital city, singing football chants, throwing litter all over the place and one or two are actively provoking the police?

I'm not entirely sure our police wouldn't wade in at that point to be fair.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Harry - LCFC said:

I agree wholeheartedly. But it's not a surprise is it? Culturally, I don't think it goes down well in a country like Spain. Sadly, it invites trouble. I am in no way condoning violent policing, I am just seeking to avoid it. 

If you're going to go to a different country, congregate around chanting, and throwing bottles then you you can't complain when you get a beating. 

If you're innocent, then when you can see things kicking off remove yourself, don't complain when you're 'doing nothing' but congregating with the crowd that are. 

Simple

3 minutes ago, Shaneb said:

If you're going to go to a different country, congregate around chanting, and throwing bottles then you you can't complain when you get a beating. 

I bet if the Madrid fans did the same next week in Jubilee Square and our Police charged them for no reason you'd take the "police are a disgrace, ashamed to be English, ACAB" line. :rolleyes:

• Like 1