Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

Trouble in Madrid

1 hour ago, ScouseFox said:

foreign fans come to our towns like this every time there's a champions league game and 99% of the time there is not even any news of it because our police just let them get on with it, because nobody is really doing anything wrong. 

foreign police have a weird inferiority complex where they NEED to show you they are in charge so that you don't do anything wrong, even though most people probably wouldn't do anything wrong anyway. 

All that beer though! They deserve to be repeatedly assaulted by armed coppers for that apparently! As for anyone standing nearby in an Augsburg scarf - well, they should remove themselves from the area to avoid a thrashing shouldn't they?

• Like 4

Some people need to stop acting like every beating just fell from the sky. You are just walking minding your own thing in a calm area and suddenly you hear "eh quillo, que patha?" And the batons just start rolling, maybe, just maybe, stay off places where you think you can get a beating. Its not that hard, just look for the nearest loudest idiot and then walk the other way.

• Like 3

All this "just leave the area, it's common sense" is all well and good to say sat behind a keyboard in Blaby or wherever, but does it not strike people that perhaps the cops *might* just be looking for people doing just that as they're a) an easy target b) walking away from something can easily be trumped up to being a sign of guilt in the cops' eyes?

As has been said before, some incredible naivety being shown on here. Should people exercise common sense abroad? Obviously. Is it always that simple a solution? Course it fvcking isn't.

• Like 4

Guest Mee-9

Can we not just enjoy the fact we're in the Champions League quarted final without acting like idiots?

Plenty of us well behaved people couldn't get a ticket, and these fools cause crap abroad. Jokers.

15 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

All this "just leave the area, it's common sense" is all well and good to say sat behind a keyboard in Blaby or wherever, but does it not strike people that perhaps the cops *might* just be looking for people doing just that as they're a) an easy target b) walking away from something can easily be trumped up to being a sign of guilt in the cops' eyes?

As has been said before, some incredible naivety being shown on here. Should people exercise common sense abroad? Obviously. Is it always that simple a solution? Course it fvcking isn't.

Of course it fking is and I'm in Madrid and witnessed uncle knob head and friends getting pissed near the square and said they were kicking off later do we left them to it and had drinks near the theater on c/arenal and later in local bars near our hotel only police were local and friendly. It really isn't rocket science keeping out of trouble!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mazarron fox said:

Of course it fking is and I'm in Madrid and witnessed uncle knob head and friends getting pissed near the square and said they were kicking off later do we left them to it and had drinks near the theater on c/arenal and later in local bars near our hotel only police were local and friendly. It really isn't rocket science keeping out of trouble!

Well I have mates over there in the same situation as you who had a completely different experience. Regardless, people don't deserve a kicking simply for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Some people on here seem to think you're in the wrong if you do.

43 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I bet if the Madrid fans did the same next week in Jubilee Square and our Police charged them for no reason you'd take the "police are a disgrace, ashamed to be English, ACAB" line. :rolleyes:

Not at all, fans are to blame in football. Having been to many away games I have never encountered any trouble, been arrested or beaten by police. I simply remove myself from any pending scenario.

It's behaviour like this and like in the Euro and wold cup matches that gets genuinely innocent people beaten or hurt, enough isn't done to prevent it as there is too much money to be made

Incredible that at a time where the world is still up in arms about a man getting dragged off a plane that when English fans get beaten up by police for no reason almost everyone (including our own fans!) are saying that it's their own fault..

One issue here is the gap between what the Spanish police see as you doing something wrong and what the English Leicester fans perceive as doing something wrong.

Where the Leicester fans might see a 7/10 to warrant a bit of baton, the Spanish police may be at 4/10 or 5/10.

So you'll get a tiny minority of fans being 7/10 naughty and they know they're asking for some baton. You'll get more fans at 5-6/10 who won't feel like they've done anything wrong but the police will.

And inevitably a tiny minority of fans on 0/10-3/10 will be caught in the baton crossfire for literally no reason.

Its deep and psychological and cultural why these things happen and far too complex, so I like to use the trouble numbers above to try explain as best I can. 

The Policing in other European countries can be truly awful, they don't like to see English football fans gathering and being even a little noisy, and if there is trouble they do not handle it well and fans that just happen to be in the same area get caught up in it all as well. They are just far too heavy handed even for minor incidents. 

1 hour ago, Mee-9 said:

Can we not just enjoy the fact we're in the Champions League quarted final without acting like idiots?

Plenty of us well behaved people couldn't get a ticket, and these fools cause crap abroad. Jokers.

Exactly my sentiments. I'd have done anything for a ticket out there. I'm on my holidays, desperate to visit Madrid and even more desperate to see us play away in the champions league. I have zero idea of what's happened out there but you can be sure there are a small number who aren't there for the same reasons so many of us wish to be. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MattP said:

It's depressing some people are getting more upset over a few lads nicking a couple of beers rather than their own fans, many of whom appears to have done nothing wrong, who are being assaulted by thugs in riot gear.

@MattP - helping Foxestalkers' prioritise their moral compasses since April 12th 2017 lol 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sdb said:

Exactly my sentiments. I'd have done anything for a ticket out there. I'm on my holidays, desperate to visit Madrid and even more desperate to see us play away in the champions league. I have zero idea of what's happened out there but you can be sure there are a small number who aren't there for the same reasons so many of us wish to be. 

I think it is probably not so much people wanting to find trouble as it is people just not knowing how to behave and acting like nobheads fueled by beer and sunshine. It the behavior of some of our fans at the Torch near Wembley last August is repeated then it should not suprise them that the less tolerant spanish police would go steaming in.

• Like 2