Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

7 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I like Newcastle, especially their fans who are always super passionate. 

I feel sorry for them having Ashley as their owner. Compare him to our owners!

Can't see Rafa hanging around for long though if he's not backed. He can easily pick up a job across Europe. 

Their fans are no more passionate than anyone elses, they're just thicker and more arrogant. Those things often get confused. They do a lot of crowing about how massive they are and act like a bunch of brain-dead thugs, and people think that equals passion.

They have a lot of fans, but their fans are shit. They're a negative influence. Bunch of absolute mouthbreathers. Sunderland fans are little better.

8 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Stoke haven't actually bought any players have they? That's mad. 

Bruno Martin's Indi for £7m, some loan players and some freebies aswell as selling some first team players. 

You would think they will struggle this year. 

27 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

Still though you would think they will struggle after not really improving their squad. 

They've lost Bardsley, Whelan and Walters who I would have thought would have been strong characters in the dressing room, leaders. I don't think those were wise moves.

2 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

Their fans are no more passionate than anyone elses, they're just thicker and more arrogant. Those things often get confused. They do a lot of crowing about how massive they are and act like a bunch of brain-dead thugs, and people think that equals passion.

They have a lot of fans, but their fans are shit. They're a negative influence. Bunch of absolute mouthbreathers. Sunderland fans are little better.

But the media keep saying that "they really know their football in the north east", as if nobody else in the world is allowed to like or know anything about football. 

13 hours ago, Paddy. said:

This kid is going places. One for the future.

I was thinking about this when I heard about the signing.

Who would you have rather brought on when we were trying to hold out against Arsenal last week? Big Dan or Barry? I know which is pick any day of the week.

He'll do fine for West Brom.

Edited by Col city fan

17 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Who would you have rather brought on when we were trying to hold out against Arsenal last week? Big Dan or Barry? I know which is pick any day of the week.

Neither

49 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Are you telling me you don't rate Amartey, Col?

Edited by Paddy.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

We were doing fine with Amartey until Shakespeare brought on another striker and pretty much gave Arsenal the win. I would have preferred Barry to come on instead of Iheanacho. 

Edited by lgfualol

He's at it again 

DYCHE EYEING EURO STRIKER

Burnley manager Sean Dyche says he is looking into the European market for a replacement for Andre Gray.

He said : "We haven't got the support (scouting system) as some of the big clubs so when we do go into Europe it is important we have as much information as possible.

"There are certain situations we do have information on and there are certain situations we look at."

1 minute ago, jammie82uk said:

He's at it again 

Burnley manager Sean Dyche says he is looking into the European market for a replacement for Andre Gray.

He said : "We haven't got the support (scouting system) as some of the big clubs so when we do go into Europe it is important we have as much information as possible.

"There are certain situations we do have information on and there are certain situations we look at."

He scouts using Football Manager! :D

11 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

He's at it again 

What a load of crap. There's Wyscout now which enables anyone (if you pay the fee) to watch literally any top flight in Europe plus most of the second tiers. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

He's at it again 

Bet they come in with a bid for Ulloa

Edited by lgfualol

On 16/08/2017 at 13:21, StriderHiryu said:

I like Newcastle, especially their fans who are always super passionate. 

I feel sorry for them having Ashley as their owner. Compare him to our owners!

Can't see Rafa hanging around for long though if he's not backed. He can easily pick up a job across Europe. 

Why? What exactly has Ashley done wrong as a football club owner ?