Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

23 hours ago, Ross-Kemp said:

Our owners renamed the stadium 

The length of a contract is irrelevant, are you saying managers should only be given shorter contracts? (By the way, it wasn't a 10 year contract, IIRC, it was 6)

Didnt fund the team? 

Season 1: £26 million 

Season 2: £2.75 million 

Season 3: £12 million

Season 4: £21.85 million 

Season 5: £26.65 million 

Season 6: £350k

Season 7: £35.9 million

Season 8: £81.6 million

Season 9: £57 million 

Hardly been tight has he? 

Royally pissed off the Newcastle fans? Why , because he's not Kevin Keegan or Alan Shearer? Because they're self entitled moaning bastards who think they have a Devine right to win? 

Bloke has done nothing wrong in my opinion. The media hate him because he's an outspoken cockney who's made something of his life. He doesn't fit the norm.

Fair play to him in my eyes.

If it wasn't for that Janauary panic-buying when they were headning down they'd have a negative net spend on transfers over that period.

08/09: -7m, 9/10: -20m, 10/11: -23m, 11/12: 10m, 12/13: 13.5m, 13/14: -500k, 14/15: 17.5m, 15/16: 70m, 16/17: -30m = total spend of £30.5m over that time, not even £4m a season. Compare that to eg. Everton when they were being cheap, or Stoke, or West Brom, and it's definitely tight.

The the way his people treated Gutierrez when he had cancer was shameful, so he can't be considered in the "cheap but does things the Right Way" category. They've got less commerical income now than they did when he took over, so it's not like he's even playing it smart.
It's just a giant Sports Direct ad that increases in value without him doing anything - he comes out and does these kinds of interviews to get media sympathy, then goes and does things like block transfers and such.  If he was a bang-average owner with an annoying accent, there'd be five blokes with a Boycoutt bedsheet pissed off at him, not as many as there are.

Edited by act smiley

3 minutes ago, weller54 said:

How far are we behind United quality wise?... 

Light years! 

Look at how much they spent. I'd say that the difference compared to last year isn't Lukaku (although making a perfect start) but Matic. Pogba can now roam unleashed forward and it shows.

• Like 2

I'm looking forward to the Utd game. We were pretty good against Arsenal until Shakey made his subs and today we swotted Brighton away without breaking into a sweat. It's going to be interesting to see where we are against the best.

3 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

Can we play with two goal keepers against MU?

Ffs.

im only 5 or so posts into the page and it's 'Wow united'

then the above post.

Did you actually watch both games they've played?

They are strong going forward ,  compact but absolutely vulnerable at the back.

Just because they haven't had anyone running at the might of Bailly and fvcking Phil Jones don't be thinking they're invincible.

mark my words they won't make the top 2 

I would be willing to back that up with a bet if you like?

2 minutes ago, truebluethroughandthrough said:

Ffs.

im only 5 or so posts into the page and it's 'Wow united'

then the above post.

Did you actually watch both games they've played?

They are strong going forward ,  compact but absolutely vulnerable at the back.

Just because they haven't had anyone running at the might of Bailly and fvcking Phil Jones don't be thinking they're invincible.

mark my words they won't make the top 2 

I would be willing to back that up with a bet if you like?

Where do you think they will come, out of curiosity?

I think they can make top 2. 3rd worst case scenario.