Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

17 minutes ago, kushiro said:

Man City have reached 40 points  - In November!

I was watching the Burnley game tonight - they look so good.  Never seen Eddie Howe looking so bewildered.

8 losses; most outside the bottom 3. Must have hurt him losing to Burnley against a young English manager who actually looks competent and hasn’t spent over £150 million

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

Do you think they will spend big? I genuinely can't see a weak point in their team

In comparison to other teams yes and I fear they will start doing the whole 'buy this guy so our competition can't have him'. 

Premier league needs a spending cap and it would be so much more exciting and competitive. 

Edited by m4DD0gg
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Do you think they will spend big? I genuinely can't see a weak point in their team

I would still say centre-back position; with Kompany injury-prone and Stones, despite his fee, can be a bit of a liability. Not overly convinced on Kyle Walker, either.

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

Or why not just credit Burnley for playing out of their skin?

Well its always nice to see a club thats not a top 6 do well, cant fault that. Im all for that but i'm also selfish and expect us to be less turd than them lol.

3 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

See Oilchester City won again. Leagues wrapped up and quite frankly boring when it's like this. 

God knows how much they will spend in January. 

I reckon they’ll replace every starting xi player with a new £50million signing and come up with a new record points.

the league title challenge may be boring but the way city play is brilliant. Even when things don’t quite go their way they still bag a winner in the 96th. 

If raheem sterling wasn’t such a scumbag chav with 40 kids and the like he’d Be ballon d’or winning

2 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Well its always nice to see a club thats not a top 6 do well, cant fault that. Im all for that but i'm also selfish and expect us to be less turd than them lol.

We will find out who’s the most turd on Saturday. 0-0 draw ensues

1 minute ago, SystonFox said:

I reckon they’ll replace every starting xi player with a new £50million signing and come up with a new record points.

the league title challenge may be boring but the way city play is brilliant. Even when things don’t quite go their way they still bag a winner in the 96th. 

If raheem sterling wasn’t such a scumbag chav with 40 kids and the like he’d Be ballon d’or winning

Yes no denying they are brilliant but the Premier league would end up like Spain, Germany, France where its a 1 or 2 horse race. Not very fun basically. 

8 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

I would still say centre-back position; with Kompany injury-prone and Stones, despite his fee, can be a bit of a liability. Not overly convinced on Kyle Walker, either.

Otemendi has been pretty impressive this season.

i think Spurs are missing Kyle Walker badly, imo

13 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

See Oilchester City won again. Leagues wrapped up and quite frankly boring when it's like this. 

Emptihad living up to its name yet again. How your team can be that good and you can't fill your stadium I'll never know. 

1 hour ago, m4DD0gg said:

this Man City team are quite possibly the most exciting thing to ever happen to english football, if they’re boring you you need a new hobby. 

good to see raheem sterling becoming the ballon d’or winner some of us always claimed he would be. 

as for guardiola, unreal. used to fully join in with the idea that he was a boring c unt and not that good a manager but they’re probably the best team of all time. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Paul Clement must be on borrowed time now.

400+ minutes without scoring and counting.

They’ve officially ran out of anyone desperate enough to go there now though. Don’t think even Pulis could do a job. Might have given it to Makelele but even he’s jumped ship.

Not sure you can blame clement really. There’s 40 million lying about that should have been spent on a striker and a midfielder.