Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

22 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Anyone know which club started using Z-Cars first? Everton or Watford?

Everton used it first..Z-cars was a Liverpool based cop seriries. Another great  made his name from that series Brian Blessed.

Watford adopted it later...

I am not sure but I think also  Workington, then Sunderland at the original ground Roker park used it..

There was a silly period in my life 10- ca17yrs Old  where I could name all 4 divisions clubs signature tune,

There were actually some who really didnt take one on....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

It's not really embarrassing though, is it?

Yes and no. Perhaps the wrong choice of word but i just have higher expectations/"ambition for our team" then Burnley (but lower than top 6).  Fair play to them though, they are playing really well.

I've always thought it, despite hot competition, but Stoke fans really are the whiniest, most self entitled bunch. Can they go a game without a big old boo?

Still, if you have a manager like Hughes who insists on pinning every defeat on anything or anyone but his own failings, the fans follow.

8 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

this Man City team are quite possibly the most exciting thing to ever happen to english football, if they’re boring you you need a new hobby. 

good to see raheem sterling becoming the ballon d’or winner some of us always claimed he would be. 

as for guardiola, unreal. used to fully join in with the idea that he was a boring c unt and not that good a manager but they’re probably the best team of all time. 

See you read the bits you want to from that post. 

27 minutes ago, seanfox778 said:

Did anyone see Pep Guardiola screaming at Redmond after their game yesterday? What was that about?

Saw someone say he left a foot in on De Bruyne when Sterling scored, don't know if that's true. Either way, Pep should get a ban for that because it's well out of order.

7 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

I've always thought it, despite hot competition, but Stoke fans really are the whiniest, most self entitled bunch. Can they go a game without a big old boo?

Still, if you have a manager like Hughes who insists on pinning every defeat on anything or anyone but his own failings, the fans follow.

Self entitled condescending bunch ? Alongside the gooners, scousers and spurs, the rags fall into that category and are the worse breed by a landslide.

Despise them with a force.

Edited by DelBoy73

1 hour ago, seanfox778 said:

Did anyone see Pep Guardiola screaming at Redmond after their game yesterday? What was that about?

Apparently he was telling him how much of a good a player he was.

“Last season he destroyed us here. I didn't know him last season, I realised how good he is”

“Southampton have some super-talented players, Redmond is so good one against one.

"But they didn't' want to play, they were time wasting from the ninth minute. I just wanted them to play.

A boy, now turned man (still a dipstick...but)  as matured as a footballer.I have critiscised him vervently, because we

needed in England a young techi to bloom, ad he was losing out on his potential.

Hes now hitting his stride...hes learnt, and showed flexabilty in his play, looks to the team, but has an eye for needed

individual movements and moments...Hes  Raheem Sterling.

Hes not the finished packet, his journey will be long, but now hes really showing real potential, and that , he can....!!!

Another reason and example why we should show D.Gray patience and give him time to develope his skills to suite

that potential for us in the PL.

At the moment I like the look of an English front line of:       Vardy  Kane  Sterling..

Edited by fuchsntf

14 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I've always said Raheem Sterling is brilliant, about the one footballing prediction I've ever gotten correct. No idea why our media bring our talented youngsters down as quickly as they build them up.

With Sterling i think its always been a question about his end product, certainly no questions to answer about that this season!

4 hours ago, DelBoy73 said:

Self entitled condescending bunch ? Alongside the gooners, scousers and spurs, the rags fall into that category and are the worse breed by a landslide.

Despise them with a force.

I was specifically referring to within the confine of the stadium. Arsenal are bloody whiney at the Emirates, but no team's fans I've experienced are louder than Stoke in expecting everything to go their way, to be a foul if a player is touched or just generally disagreeing with the referee every time he puts the whistle near his mouth.

Just been browsing other teams' forums to see general reaction. Came across a thread on Man City about "bus parking." I bet it's a frustrating thing to come across, but obviously part of the game when your attacking flair is so strong. Couple of fans, however, are trying to rewrite the football rulebook so things can go their way, including bonus points for X goals scored and the following:

2) reverse offside - a striker cannot stand on the opposition 6yard line the whole game, so why can teams have 11 men within 22 yards of the goal. Have a rule that at least two players MUST stay higher than the edge of the centre circle. If you break the rule, you get booked - if the rule is broken three times 'deliberately' then a penalty is awarded (it needs work....but you get the idea I am sure)

Watched motd last night and got pissed off with danny murphy drolling over rooney. Yes he scored a great goal but then murphy went on and showed him tracking back and doing simple passes. That's what he should do wheres he been for the last 4/5 weeks. 1 decent perfomance against a poor west ham side and hes great again. I just don't get it imo hes been getting worse for the last few seasons. Mass media over hyping a very below average player. 

8 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Watched motd last night and got pissed off with danny murphy drolling over rooney. Yes he scored a great goal but then murphy went on and showed him tracking back and doing simple passes. That's what he should do wheres he been for the last 4/5 weeks. 1 decent perfomance against a poor west ham side and hes great again. I just don't get it imo hes been getting worse for the last few seasons. Mass media over hyping a very below average player. 

Lazy by murphy.

In fairness to rooney... i watched the last few everton games and he was the only one trying.

Interesting to see how shakey does

4 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I've always said Raheem Sterling is brilliant, about the one footballing prediction I've ever gotten correct. No idea why our media bring our talented youngsters down as quickly as they build them up.

People also seem to dislike him because he left Liverpool....

When you see him getting booed at every ground he goes to it's embarrasing.

• Like 1