Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

I think I let my (BBC Predictor) predictions this week get a little out of hand - predicted what I wanted to see instead of what I expected - apart from the LCFC vs Spurs match, of course :( - if there was ever a time to do that...  Not doing so well...  At least Arsenal won/demolished Huddersfield, so my wife is happy :D 

Edited by PhillippaT

With West Ham's upcoming fixtures I can easily see them getting marooned in the bottom 3...Man City away, Chelsea and Arsenal at home before going to Stoke. Difficult run.

The bad side of Man CIty's defense finally popped back out of the closet today.  Lucky to pip Southampton at the death (albeit a gorgeous strike from Sterling).  Van Dijk and Yoshida missed sitters in the frst half.

Kompany looked like he may be done as an elite defender ... old and crafty has its limits, he can't move quicky on that leg.

27 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Top four all averaging 2 points per game plus 

Burnley above Spurs !

As funny as this is it also is a reality check  that we are more shite then burnley.  Embarassing. lol

Edited by Jattdogg

4 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

If you keep winning games, even in the last minute, even if you don't deserve to, you'll win the league.

Especially when a talent like Sterling finally gets it all together and turns into the most clutch SOB in the league.

I don't understand the 'big value' that West Ham apparently are in football history.

They just seem like a club that thinks they're bigger than they are, and are often pushing their weight?

Edit: Upcoming West Ham fixtures - Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal..

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Like 1

How the chuff has the self appointed best team in the country ended up 7th? This is a bloody outrage and I shall be writing to my MP immediately, all those perfect N17's below a poor scally northern town full of hot pot eating unclean folk, outrageous. 

8 minutes ago, kushiro said:

Man City have reached 40 points  - In November!

I was watching the Burnley game tonight - they look so good.  Never seen Eddie Howe looking so bewildered.

Not heard Pep mention that they’re safe from relegation yet. He’s no Claudio

1 minute ago, Wymeswold fox said:

I don't understand the 'big value' that West Ham apparently are in football history.

They just seem like a club that thinks they're bigger than they are, and are often pushing their weight?

West Ham are worthless and have a boring history with nothing of note to their name besides a couple of FA Cups 40 years ago. Now they don't even have a stadium. What a waste of time they are

7 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

If they were located in Suffolk nobody would give a shit. They are an overrated club. 

10 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Have you not kept up. Football started before 1992 and West ham won the world cup in 1966.:schmike:

• Haha 2