Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

Marko Grujic available on loan to Premier League clubs in January

I'd certainly be interested, covers a couple of positions nicely and determined to impress.

Looked good against us until they took Coutinho off and changed shape in the League Cup.

16 hours ago, Foxxed said:

I almost feel sorry for Everton. They've seen so many teams buy their way to success and they can't even do that.

I don't. Not even almost. Their level is about 8th-10th.

They've seen a much smaller club in Man City be bought and bypass them. They've seen an efficiently run Tottenham hit jackpot with an excellent manager and be on a complete other planet to Everton now. They've seen a historically smaller club in Chelsea be bought and become a prolific trophy winning machine, just pure serial winners. 

I'm glad things are going pearshaped for Everton.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Koke said:

I don't. Not even almost. Their level is about 8th-10th.

They've seen a much smaller club in Man City be bought and bypass them. They've seen an efficiently run Tottenham hit jackpot with an excellent manager and be on a complete other planet to Everton now. They've seen a historically smaller club in Chelsea be bought and become a prolific trophy winning machine, just pure serial winners. 

I'm glad things are going pearshaped for Everton.

Fair enough but if we're going for "their level is 8th or 9th" then our level should be 6th in the championship!

49 minutes ago, mikey54 said:

According to SSN, Everton are reportedly reopening talks with big Sam's representatives about manager role. Shakey also being linked in the coaching role

Thought he wanted to retire after his previous role?

But, this type of opportunity he'll be licking his lips on.

2 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I always feel sorry for a team that’s doing really bad. Not that I start liking them but I remember when we have been in that position and how I felt :(  

Wouldn’t feel sorry for spurs though :P 

That's the attitude Suzie!... 

Nice to see your hatred for The Spuds is so strong!! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I always feel sorry for a team that’s doing really bad. Not that I start liking them but I remember when we have been in that position and how I felt :(  

Wouldn’t feel sorry for spurs though :P 

:scarf:if it was spuds it would be another league title party for me :vardy::vardy:

• Like 1

Would we be worried about any of our players joining Everton if Shakey went there?  Could only really see Vardy going that would be a loss.  The others I think would either go somewhere bigger (Mahrez) or would be fringe players that we wouldn't miss too much? X

I don’t really understand why a club with a strong willed manager and a director of football who seemingly knows what he’s doing didn’t come to the conclusion after signing the 4th number 10 that they might be making a mistake? 

If if you could take over Everton before they’d signed anyone this summer, you’d see they desperately needed:

- Right back

- Left AM

- Striker

They didn’t purchase anyone in any of those positions!!! (Not counting Sandro as he wasn’t like for like And is one for the future) 

Why is it the case that recently-sacked managers in the PL are one of the favourites for vacant roles in other top-league sides?

Why can't they broaden their search via looking own and give proven-lower league managers like Chris Wilder or Rowatt etc an opportunity to impress?

Edited by Wymeswold fox

11 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Why is it the case that recently-sacked managers in the PL are one of the favourites for vacant roles in other top-league sides?

Why can't they broaden their search via looking own and give proven-lower league managers like Chris Wilder or Rowatt etc an opportunity to impress?

I suppose it's fear that keeps clubs away, ultimately. The idea being they can "stop the bleeding" by grabbing a manager who knows the league. I see it as a regressive policy, but there's so much money on the line with relegation looming that there's a bit of chilling effect on the mind.

19 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Everton fans can't be happy with that. I wouldn't want Big Sam here.

Think your wrong, I think they would rather have Sam till the end of the season, and most probably stay up, then keep who they have and probably get relegated 

3 minutes ago, Koke said:

Need Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool all to win tomorrow.

The first three should be fine. Arsenal tend to win these matches quite comfortably, Swansea can barely score and Man City are beating everyone at the moment. Liverpool being away could be tougher but Stoke cannot defend at all.

To think Everton spent all that money thinking they'd break into the top four, and within 3 months are in a relegation battle and are calling on Big Sam. Total and utter desperation.

On 11/26/2017 at 11:13, lancyclaret said:

Won't happen - Wenger has the referees in his pocket like against Spurs last week. Refs do not want to antagonise poor old Arsene in case he bursts a blood vessel on their watch.

Anyone who follows football very closely only has to look at last season when TWICE Burnley were "cheated" out of a point against the Gunners.

Turf Moor last October: Michael Keane thundered a header against the bar late on but in the 4th minute of added time Arsenal grabbed a winner when Koscielny, in an offside position, bundled the ball into the net with his arm! Offside and handball but Burnley 0 Arsenal 1.

The Emirates this January: 1-1 with the match in the 6th minute of added time - Koscielny (again in an offside position) stoops to head the ball in the area but Ben Mee is penalised for "foot up". Wenger had already been sent to the stands for having a "hissy-fit" over Burnley's equalser but is all smiles as Sanchez despatches the 96th minute penalty for Arsenal 2 Burnley 1.

They say things come "in threes".

Did anyone else cash in on my tip? My profit was some consolation for being "cheated" again by Arsenal and the ref.