Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

10 hours ago, Koke said:

Need Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool all to win tomorrow.

If they all win and Bournemouth v Burnley and Everton v West Ham are draws (not too unlikely) then we've had a perfect round of fixtures- it's very rare that happens, especially when you're competing with so many 'midtable' sides.

3 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Two premier league jobs available results in the return of Pardew and Allardyce? How boring, and makes me glad to know we seemingly have more about us than I thought when we were looking.

Agree with you, the managerial merry go round has been even more bonkers than usual. Out of Puel, Hodgson, Pardew, Allardyce and Moyes we easily made the best pick. 

Very suprised no one went for Dyche though. He’s better than some of those hasbeens!

Also notable that former players like Giggs and Gerrard are nowhere near getting a look in. The league is so lucrative that no team wants to take a chance. That was definitely not the case 10 years ago. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lancyclaret said:

Did anyone else cash in on my tip? My profit was some consolation for being "cheated" again by Arsenal and the ref.

Cry me a river. Soft decisions are given every week against every team. Kompany should have been given a stonewall red card early on last weekend but we weren't still moaning at that a few days on.

You make any kind of contact in the box then you know you're taking a risk. Blame your defender for being so idiotic at that stage of the game.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Cry me a river. Soft decisions are given every week against every team. Kompany should have been given a stonewall red card early on last weekend but we weren't still moaning at that a few days on.

You make any kind of contact in the box then you know you're taking a risk. Blame your defender for being so idiotic at that stage of the game.

It is very frustrating, especially in the dying stages to be hard done by over and over again. It does happen far too often and it’s clubs like us and Burnley who suffer more often than not against the ‘big’ sides. 

12 minutes ago, mancunianfox said:

After playing with 41% of possession versus Watford I have had fun this morning asking Utd supporters if they would be happy to win the title by 'doing a Leicester'.

They probably had 5 shots and scored 4.

Quality strikes though - Young seemed to enjoy scoring his!

Least we got back into 2nd half but then let Lingard just simply walk through our defence.

The defence is our weak point - I am sure your pacey attackers will be looking forward to Boxing Day.

No doubt Spurs will beat us after what you guys did to them last night!

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Alan Pardew confirmed as new West Bromwich Albion manager with John Carver as Assistant Manager.

Mr. 'Nice Guy' at the helm..:rolleyes:

At least he's got back-up from Mr. "I'm one of the best coaches in the league"..

Reckon he'll fly with them for a couple of months, struggle and he'll be matches from being sacked.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

7 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Can't understand that myself.

It's quite clear the Koeman took control of transfers. In fact the only ones I identify with as Walsh signings are Pickford, Keane, Gueye, Vlasic, Sandro and the lad now on loan at Anderlecht.

Vlasic and the Anderlecht lad are doing well.... Sandro I still think would be good with the right players around him. Pickford is quality, just got no help around him! Gueye is hit and miss but would do well in a better system.

I don't believe for a second Walsh wanted Klassen, Schneiderlin, Martina, Stekelenberg (genuinely one of the worst goalkeepers i've ever seen!)

They signed a Scout and wondered why he wasn't a good Director of Football.

Similar to us making the Academy Manager the Director of Football here.

Steve Walsh is a world class Scout. That much has been proven again and again. If they bin him then we should do everything we can to get him back.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Corky said:

So all that crying about the forrinurs taking over our game and three ageing Brits have been given jobs since.

All the proper football men are back. Just need Pulis go get a job in January and it's full house.

10 hours ago, lancyclaret said:

Did anyone else cash in on my tip? My profit was some consolation for being "cheated" again by Arsenal and the ref.

Out of interest when we visited in January and you won from the most blatant handball since maradona did you acknowledge it and say that you'd cheated us? Guessing not.

• Like 1