Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

8 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Has any manager ever taken two teams down in one season?

If Stoke and Southampton both go, old Hughesie would have managed two clubs in the same season that have been relegated. Has this ever happened before?

Don't know but it would be damn funny.

The Pardew, Pulis, Moyes, Allardyce, Hughes recycling program is just laughable at best 

1 minute ago, bovril said:

The woman commentating on Motd sounds like she's on a YouTube fan video. 

Was just about to comment on how shite she was.

29 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

The state of Mourinho..

Reckon he's unhappy at the club and will probably leave before his contract finishes imo.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43445915

I think his management style is abysmal. Several times he's completely targeted a player, Shaw at Utd, in the past it's been Mata, Lukaku, De Bruyne and Salah where he's completely lost faith in a player. 

38 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

The state of Mourinho..

Reckon he's unhappy at the club and will probably leave before his contract finishes imo.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43445915

As much as he annoys me... what exactly has he done wrong there? Other than summarise the game absolutely perfectly and surprisingly honestly for a Manager! 

I think that’s probably the best interview I’ve seen from him in years, it’s about time more managers called out players! Shaw, Smalling etc are dog shit and they’re not called out by anyone else because they’re English... (exception being Southgate, fair play to him not picking either) 

51 minutes ago, AjcW said:

As much as he annoys me... what exactly has he done wrong there? Other than summarise the game absolutely perfectly and surprisingly honestly for a Manager! 

I think that’s probably the best interview I’ve seen from him in years, it’s about time more managers called out players! Shaw, Smalling etc are dog shit and they’re not called out by anyone else because they’re English... (exception being Southgate, fair play to him not picking either) 

I disagree .. JM has turned into a con man selling bull sh1t. He coaches the team and dictates the style of play & then proceed s to criticize the way the team played. He has a sports car that he drives like an old lady & then critiques  the car. 

Edited by gurru991
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Gerbold said:

He 'plays' the media -  just in a different manner to most of the other managers. He also 'plays' other managers. You're right - he has no time for foolish questions or foolish interrogators - which is a breath of fresh air. There's over much pandering to stupidity - in the country as well as within football. But I don't see many "fake" managers around. They're cautious and try to be diplomatic - which is sensible in a sport where four adverse games can mean fans baying for ones sacking.

Personally I detest everything United stand for - I detested Fergie (although I certainly admired his ability as a manager). I just couldn't stand his bombastic attitude - that and the chewing gum.

I began to lose my affection for United when they stopped being 'genuine' - maybe around the time they began to whore themselves around for money from anyone who'd jump on their "global brand" bandwagon and became the darlings of every fanboy on the planet. I certainly lost any remaining respect I'd had for the club when they were bought out by the asset-milking Glazers in 2005. Not their choice I suppose, but it's inevitably tainted their reputation with those fans of football who'd considered them their 'second' favourite team -  an affection that had grown, especially after Munich and when they won the European Cup in '68. Maybe it's the whole plastic fan, media brown-nosing thing that's so irritating.

When we beat them 5-2 it was almost as good a feeling for me as when we won the Premier. 

As to the "over-hyped baldy" and the "passion merchant" - I know who I'd rather be sat around a pub table with, talking football - and it's not Mourinho.

Couldn't agree more. I can't respect Man Utd anymore. They're an absolute sell-out club who try and market paying £89mil for someone they sold for £500k as a good thing. They're the worst of the lot for pandering to the global audience rather than building a good team. Fergie surely can't be watching this and enjoying it.

Charlie Adam's a ****ing **** as well. He was another one of them touting our players around to bigger clubs despite the fact he did exactly that and was a lot worse for it.

He's also absolutely shit.

My Stoke to go down and Cardiff to come top six bet is actually coming in isn't it?

10 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Don't know but it would be damn funny.

The Pardew, Pulis, Moyes, Allardyce, Hughes recycling program is just laughable at best 

Spot on this is. I was talking to my brother about this last night. The owners of some clubs (most ?) are just so lazy regarding looking elsewhere for something different. These types of managers have failed at the top level, regularly ( Moyes was ok until recently ). What makes a board of directors hand out 3 year contracts to these people ? Huddersfield did the right thing, Wagner may not be an up and coming English boss but it’s a breath of fresh air what Town have done.

Edited by STEVIE B
Spelling

With all of the Mourinho (openly criticising players etc, even not happy despite winning) and supporter dissatisfaction at Man Utd (bland performances), could this potentially be his last season?..

Pep's been a bit weird at times but you get the impression you'd much rather play for him than Mourinho, he's much warmer, less paranoid and his teams are always so positive. Instead Mourinho slags you off in a press conference, Smalling and Shaw shouldn't be playing for Manchester United but it's not really their fault so slagging them off isn't going to improve them and it damages your chances of flogging them too.