Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

Must admit Lukaku's record is amazing.   Not sure why he seems to get a little stick and never seems to be regarded as a proper, fearsome striker.  He is the same age as Kane and gets nowhere near the same recognition.  Well done on the 100 big man. X

Edited by RumbleFox

11 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Must admit Lukaku's record is amazing.   Not sure why he seems to get a little stick and never seems to be regarded as a proper, fearsome striker.  He is the same age as Kane and gets nowhere near the same recognition.  Well done on the 100 big man. X

before this season, it's because he used to get goals which didn't actually have any bearing on the match.

I know a goal is a goal and they all count, but goals when you already have a 2 or 3 goal margin become less relevant. He seems to be very frustrating to watch as a footballer, not necessarily a striker. First touch a donkey would be proud of at times. 

Same age but I'd definitely have Kane in my team moreso than Lukaku. 

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

before this season, it's because he used to get goals which didn't actually have any bearing on the match.

I know a goal is a goal and they all count, but goals when you already have a 2 or 3 goal margin become less relevant. He seems to be very frustrating to watch as a footballer, not necessarily a striker. First touch a donkey would be proud of at times. 

Same age but I'd definitely have Kane in my team moreso than Lukaku. 

The point about the goals not being match winners is something that could have been aimed at Kane in past seasons too. How many times has he bagged a brace at the end of a big win? Fact is Kane is English, Lukaku isn't. They have similar scoring records, there's only reason one gets so much more praise whilst the other has his game pulled apart. We need to be more critical of our English players, pundits won't say a bad word about Kane, Alli, Rooney, Stones etc, but happy to rip into Pogba, Lukaku, Ozil, Morata and co. No wonder we win **** all, our players think they're flawless, they probably don't think they have to work on their game.

That said I would have Kane over Lukaku, but only just. It's very tight.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, kushiro said:

Last game in March, winning away from home, then after the final whistle, staying behind to sing this song over and over.

Sweet memories.

......Something to be so proud of with that money and squad.....

Having said that I feel where you are coming  from lol

Lots of goals yesterday scored from great early diagonal balls in... liverpools 2nd.  anoutovics 2nd goal.

We should be doing this. The early diagonal ball. .. when the defenders are back tracking means thay cant challenge... and the goalie cant come in case it gets a nick.

just watching match of the day, dunno if it’s been mentioned in this thread but aren’t this man city team the greatest collection of football playing beings that have genuinely ever existed