Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
aussie-fox

Is this it?

Many years ago we all thought the drubbing of sunderland was as good as could get. The club as big as it could possibly be. Obviously it's gone on to be proved that it could get better. Much better.

But after the exit in the CL I'm feeling this is the end of a era for our club. Players will leave in the off season I'm sure of it. So the question has to be asked again. Is this it? Have we experienced the best this club can ever give us.

If so it's been one hell of a journey and Im so glad I got to experience it. 

I'm not sure it's the end of an era as such but we might be waiting a mighty long time before we win the prem again!

now Mahrez is a genius on the ball. At least he can be. But this season he's been poor most of the time. Right now I would swap those moments of pure skill for someone who was more consistent and who knows what that could do for us?

if we strengthen the team in the summer there's no reason why a Europa place isn't within our grasp..

I have a feeling we are all going to have to adjust to not having these ridiculous highs for a while. Then again this is Leicester so **** knows what'll happen. Probably get relegated to league 2 and win the fa cup now.

3 hours ago, aussie-fox said:

Many years ago we all thought the drubbing of sunderland was as good as could get. The club as big as it could possibly be. Obviously it's gone on to be proved that it could get better. Much better.

But after the exit in the CL I'm feeling this is the end of a era for our club. Players will leave in the off season I'm sure of it. So the question has to be asked again. Is this it? Have we experienced the best this club can ever give us.

If so it's been one hell of a journey and Im so glad I got to experience it. 

Not sure whether it is the end of an era back to average or the start of a new one. Think quite a few of the team may go in the summer. Who replaces them is going to be the key.

I hope that Shakespeare gets confirmed as the permanent manager asap so he can assess who is staying or going and start to put his own stamp on his team.

Exciting to see what happens but I doubt we will ever achieve what we have done over the last 2 years again. You never know though. What we have done shows anything is possible with an amazing spirit and togetherness and a little bit of ability too. :)

We've got billionaire owners, we've put our stock through the roof by winning the league and getting to the CLQF, we've made fat stacks off our league win, the TV revenue and the champions league, we've got state of the are facilities and a reasonable amount of wonga in playing assets.

Anyone acting like we're not a club ready to go places and we've no chance of repeating the feat is a pratt.

Of course, we could invest it horribly, sign a bunch more Musas and hire Felix Magarth as a manager but we could also unearth the next Mourinho and get right back up there.

So, who knows, basically?

We live in a different world, a world where history counts for nothing, a world where having mega bucks is the only thing that separates Man City from being an underachieving yo-yo club to having Pep Guardiola, Sergio Aguero and being the favourites every year.

Alright, Vichai isn't quite an oil sheikh but he's not a pauper either and he's a very smart investor. Sky is the limit. I'll be incredibly disappointed if we're not competitive for the top seven next year.

I'm starting to wonder if a few of these players are a lot fonder of Leicester city than we give them credit for. A happy work place even on their money is a difficult thing to find. I was convinced kasper would move on mahrez would want a move and maybe drinky. But i'm starting to change my mind on that.

What if most of them stick around for another 12 months. Top 10 is a possibility again. Maybe have a real go at both cups and we could be back in europe in 12 months time.

If not. Then as fans we just need to savour the last 18 months never forget and remember where we came from.

Having seen the way the manager was prepared to go to a real plan  B (delighted he remembered the 3-5-2 from two years ago) , I realise that it actually isn't over. 

Few premier league teams will live with our intensity 

we set our stall out for next season

none of this 40 points crap - we are aiming for top four. We publically state that none of our players will be sold unless we receive a fee which meets our valuation and it is our intention to sell no one. 

We recruit better than last summer and we get quality in on the basis that we will be playing European football the following campaign. We were champions last year and no one can argue that we can't be up there again with the right mindset and shakey at the helm. 

we we need to end the season on a high to carry the momentum into next season - selling that outlook to both the squad and incoming players will be much easier in that regard. 

Unless we've got someone in already, we need to replace Steve Walsh with a top, top scout - recruitment needs to be perfect this summer.  

I think Mahrez will be gone.  Kasper maybe too.

Mahrez hasn't shined as much this year, but I think some of that is down to the loss of Kante and ultimately less chances to counter.  When he has countered, though, he's been stopped more times than not.

Kasper has been huge for us, I really hope we manage to keep him.

I hope we keep Shakespeare too.  He knows this squad inside out, they all respect him and play for him.  To change that could be a step backwards for many of our players.

A few key tweaks, and I think we'll be pushing for a top 6 position.

The memories of the CL have been incredible.

15 minutes ago, ozvaldo said:

Unless we've got someone in already, we need to replace Steve Walsh with a top, top scout - recruitment needs to be perfect this summer.  

I think Mahrez will be gone.  Kasper maybe too.

Mahrez hasn't shined as much this year, but I think some of that is down to the loss of Kante and ultimately less chances to counter.  When he has countered, though, he's been stopped more times than not.

Kasper has been huge for us, I really hope we manage to keep him.

I hope we keep Shakespeare too.  He knows this squad inside out, they all respect him and play for him.  To change that could be a step backwards for many of our players.

A few key tweaks, and I think we'll be pushing for a top 6 position.

The memories of the CL have been incredible.

I have often wondered, if Shakey does get the full time job, what chance is it Walsh would return?

I stated it in another the thread. If we keep our best players, sign a quality CM, RB and CB there is just no reason Shakespeare wouldn't aim for the top 8. A place in the Europa League would be within reach. Champions League is another matter though, that would take a couple of years, supposing we'd keep performing.

Genuinely think that without the distraction of the champions league next season we can get at least a europa league spot

If we'd have started the season a bit better and not piled everything into this competition we'd be right up there

Archived