Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
shen

Jamie Vardy

He's beyond question a Leicester Legend already.  I am delighted to see him back on fire and reckon we'll get another 30 goals out of him (any competing predictions as to his ultimate LCFC goal tally?).

I don't think he was putting in quite the same shift for the middle third of the season.  I do not know why.  I do not know who, if anyone, is to blame.  It would be wrong to say, though, that his work rate post-Ranieri is no different to what it was in the preceding 4 or 5 months.

1 hour ago, Leamington Fox said:

He's beyond question a Leicester Legend already.  I am delighted to see him back on fire and reckon we'll get another 30 goals out of him (any competing predictions as to his ultimate LCFC goal tally?).

I don't think he was putting in quite the same shift for the middle third of the season.  I do not know why.  I do not know who, if anyone, is to blame.  It would be wrong to say, though, that his work rate post-Ranieri is no different to what it was in the preceding 4 or 5 months.

I don't agree regarding effort. It seems like players put in more effort when things go well compared to when things don't. I remember the Fuchs article on 'trolling' where he says it actually feels like he is more lax during the good times and works harder during the bad times.

Stats showed he was converting chances at the same or even higher rates than his extraordinary season last season, but we were only creating 20-25% of the chances. His running stats were similar reading. But I never saw this so-called laziness that people accused him of. Whether it's a skewed and romantic perception of what he achieved last season, I don't know...

30 minutes ago, shen said:

I don't agree regarding effort. It seems like players put in more effort when things go well compared to when things don't. I remember the Fuchs article on 'trolling' where he says it actually feels like he is more lax during the good times and works harder during the bad times.

Stats showed he was converting chances at the same or even higher rates than his extraordinary season last season, but we were only creating 20-25% of the chances. His running stats were similar reading. But I never saw this so-called laziness that people accused him of. Whether it's a skewed and romantic perception of what he achieved last season, I don't know...

Interesting.  I never would have called it laziness, but my very clear impression (perhaps contradicted by the stats) was that he was not chasing down the goalie or defenders or apparent lost causes like he used to.  Maybe it was just the general dysfunction of the team for those grim months (which already seem so long ago, thankfully).

6 minutes ago, Leamington Fox said:

Interesting.  I never would have called it laziness, but my very clear impression (perhaps contradicted by the stats) was that he was not chasing down the goalie or defenders or apparent lost causes like he used to.  Maybe it was just the general dysfunction of the team for those grim months (which already seem so long ago, thankfully).

I think it is.

His pressing is only full throttle a few times during a game, the rest of the time he spends shepherding defenders and making sure they don't have endless amounts of time to make a decision. Maybe you could argue that his timing wasn't at his best, but it was mainly the collective press that was disjointed or non-existant during those dark months.

5 hours ago, Eagle10 said:

Slimani doesn't need a mentor. I think if he stays here, and with pre-season he will be better next season, no doubt.

Every fottballer on the payrole woukd have a mentor if it wss diwn to me.... What's tge down side.  To much training of teams is about teambased drills  (for all)... or prepping for up and coming opposition.  Slimani needs to look at the better cfs on the pl and work to master the role.... this will never end. Beckham akways put in personal practice

8 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Every fottballer on the payrole woukd have a mentor if it wss diwn to me.... What's tge down side.  To much training of teams is about teambased drills  (for all)... or prepping for up and coming opposition.  Slimani needs to look at the better cfs on the pl and work to master the role.... this will never end. Beckham akways put in personal practice

Image result for spell checker

2 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

I feel you friend. Every player is always evolving, even Ronaldo and Messi, football is always evolving so the players need to evolve too. What I was trying to say, is that he doesn't need a mentor just for him, he just needs a pre season and to be better integrated in the team.

For me Vardy's story is one of the greatest football stories ever, if not the greatest. Working in a factory to PL champion and England international in 7 years - that is absolutely mind-boggling when you sit and think about it. 

I love the guy and what he represents. The fact he's flawed makes him more heroic for me.

20 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Leicester City personified. Unfashionable, a bit rough round the edges, plucked from obscurity. Success built via hard work rather than an abundance of natural talent, and ultimately, a winner.  

Oh my lovely post.

To add to it in same regards to us. If you have him you love him, if you don't have him he's hated. I love how raw he is too.. isn't scared to leave a foot in or shoulder! 

7 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Seriously his celebration V West Brom last year was a thing of beauty, runs along their fans, spots a guy who clearly wants to murder him so he stops arms out wide and the fan has to be restrained. I bloody love him.

Today's effort was up there.

10 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

12 goals in the league is a decent return considering he didn't have a shot on goal for 3 months earlier in the season. Think he could hit 20 if we get a Sigursson type in to play behind him. 

He's scored exactly 1 goal for every 3 shots after today's game if the stats on the offical PL website can be trusted. I believe it's the best conversion rate of any player on that list.

Archived