Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Gray - considering future

42 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

To me it's clear Shakey doesn't like him, he didn't get a shot at the end of the season and he's not getting one now. I thought he should have come on with Slim at 65', Brighton were offering no threat at all. If he doesn't believe a fully fit and raring-to-go Gray could replace a semi tired 65 minute spent Albrighton at 2 nil up to Brighton, he definitely doesn't rate him and should just sell him and get someone else. It's a shame really.

Too scared to make subs is Shakespeare

11 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

No one really knows, as his a young lad and not had a run of games to prove himself.

Young players need game time to improve and gain confidence.

The club need to loan him out if they are not going to give a decent runout, it's not like the team wins every game and doesn't warrant changing 

2 games into the season and already suggesting loaning out good squad players.  firstly, no one in the starting lineup deserves to be dropped based on giving Arsenal a run for their money and having no trouble with Brighton. We need a strong large squad with players competing with each other for a chance to be part of the playing unit on game day. Gray like any player has to wait his chance based on need to replace someone not playing well or injury to make his mark.  Same goes for any new player we bring in while the window is open.  The current lineup is doing just fine. But we need high quality players ready to go if the current starting team needs to be moved around.

Gray will gt his chance and I am sure more than one over the season to show his talent.

1 hour ago, splinterdream said:

To me it's clear Shakey doesn't like him, he didn't get a shot at the end of the season and he's not getting one now. I thought he should have come on with Slim at 65', Brighton were offering no threat at all. If he doesn't believe a fully fit and raring-to-go Gray could replace a semi tired 65 minute spent Albrighton at 2 nil up to Brighton, he definitely doesn't rate him and should just sell him and get someone else. It's a shame really.

How in G-d's name can you say it is clear Shakey doesn't like him, what silly a thing to say. The manager has a starting 11 that is settled on and until they prove him wrong that is who he should play. Does marhez or Marc deserve to be dropped for Gray? 

12 minutes ago, Hack said:

2 games into the season and already suggesting loaning out good squad players.  firstly, no one in the starting lineup deserves to be dropped based on giving Arsenal a run for their money and having no trouble with Brighton. We need a strong large squad with players competing with each other for a chance to be part of the playing unit on game day. Gray like any player has to wait his chance based on need to replace someone not playing well or injury to make his mark.  Same goes for any new player we bring in while the window is open.  The current lineup is doing just fine. But we need high quality players ready to go if the current starting team needs to be moved around.

Gray will gt his chance and I am sure more than one over the season to show his talent.

I wasnt suggesting starting him, whats that got to do with being 2-0 up against a weak team and not utilising Gray its not like Albrighton was massively involved in the last 20 mins, its quite apparent for what ever reason Shakey doesn't fancy Gray. if they want a squad player to play 5 -10 mins every now and again and fill in for injury's, buy someone else. Otherwise its going to hinder a good young players development and we wont see the best of the player anyway. 

26 minutes ago, Hack said:

which he did all of last season and instead of getting his chance he saw a player who looked disinterested and playing crap walk into the team every week, there comes a time where the manager needs to grow a pair and play someone else.

again though what some of us have said was we had an opportunity to give him a decent run out against a poor team when in a comfortable lead and we didn't take it

18 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

which he did all of last season and instead of getting his chance he saw a player who looked disinterested and playing crap walk into the team every week, there comes a time where the manager needs to grow a pair and play someone else.

again though what some of us have said was we had an opportunity to give him a decent run out against a poor team when in a comfortable lead and we didn't take it

But that is why we have a manager to make those decisions based on what he needs and see's in front of him during the game.  I am sure he is not thinking gee, this looks like a good time to let Demairi have a run.  His job is to win the game, not think about player ego's and playing minutes per. 

I like the fact that we have a strong and settled first 11 bar one or two changes.

Players get their chance by waiting for an injury to their rival for a place of a dramatic drop in individual form.

Work hard in training but having potential isn't enough.

And the manager can justify this selection policy for as long as we are doing well.

DG needs to knuckle down and become part of the squad and understand his role and be happy to do his bit when asked. My fear is that he thinks he's far better than he is actually is and has a bit of an attitude befitting a young man in the football industry.

I suspect that he doesn't get a lot of game time because all the "eyes" around the training ground see him for what he is, a guy with potential but I don't think they'll wait as long as they did with Schlupp to see that he is just a sprinter with the ability to run with the ball at his feet before shipping him out.

Rightly or wrongly, I don't rate him and don't see a long career in football for him.

9 hours ago, splinterdream said:

I agree with this. 

I fail to understand why he didn't get game time when we were safe, and when Mahrez was so out of form.

How can he possibly (a) prove himself or (b) improve?

Despite this, they then won't sell him. 

It it may be the thinking that he was cover for Mahrez going, but if he does we will be using someone with little PL game time. Which again brings us back to: he should have been played at some point end of last season when the pressure was off.

I don't see that as good management at all when Mahrez needed a 'convincer' to two to get his finger out and Gray needed to play.

7 minutes ago, Podgeyrogers said:

DG needs to knuckle down and become part of the squad and understand his role and be happy to do his bit when asked. My fear is that he thinks he's far better than he is actually is and has a bit of an attitude befitting a young man in the football industry.

I suspect that he doesn't get a lot of game time because all the "eyes" around the training ground see him for what he is, a guy with potential but I don't think they'll wait as long as they did with Schlupp to see that he is just a sprinter with the ability to run with the ball at his feet before shipping him out.

Rightly or wrongly, I don't rate him and don't see a long career in football for him.

The comparison between DM and Schlupp is nonsense.

Gray clearly has footballing ability and skill.

Schlupp had neither and was nothing more than an athlete as you say.

11 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Cant call him sensible yet after Arsenal. He is still playing Ranieri's team btw in case you hadnt noticed

That was still ouir best performance at Arsenal in ages and we played Ranieri's team when we won the title too. I don't care if Shakespeare plays 11 trombones if we keep winning enough games to stay challenging at the top end of the table.    

1 minute ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

The comparison between DM and Schlupp is nonsense.

Gray clearly has footballing ability and skill.

Schlupp had neither and was nothing more than an athlete as you say.

Yes, I suspect he has both or he wouldn't be in the position he is now. But the underlying feeling I get is that the ability and skill isn't being applied and he still plays his game like he is a FIFA 2017 game player and everything he does on the pitch is like there are only 10 seconds remaining of the game.

He is still young but I'd have thought he may have got past the run, ignore your team mates and shoot at every opportunity by now like all kids in fancy boots do on a Saturday on the park.

There is a reason for him not getting many minutes game time and I feel it is of his own doing.

Demari will start Tuesday for sure.

It's up to him to force his way into the first team. Albrighton is one of the most underrated players in the league. Probably our most consistent performer since Shakespeare took charge who is good both going forwards and back. Mahrez is a very different player but our X-Factor. Had a bad season by his standards last year but already this season looks different class. Might be frustrating but he is the man that can make the difference. At the moment DG doesn't offer the attacking / creative threat of Mahrez and doesn't do enough up and down and all round teamwork that Albrighton does.

He hasn't had the game time but at the same time he's not yet on a par with other talented young players at the club like Ndidi, Maguire and Ihenacho. Him and Chilwell are probably at about the same level, close but not quite yet for consistent first team action yet.

It's a big year for him for sure.

With regards to Mahrez, personally I think Shakespeare is doing the right thing. Even if we only coax one more year out of him, his impact could be the difference between qualifying for Europe or not. Whilst DG is still a bit of an unknown quantity, I can't see his offensive side ever getting to the level of Riyad. Happy to be proven wrong there though!

I just hope when Gray is played he get's his favoured position which is left wing or behind the striker as wide right he struggles to make an impact. The last time he looked threatening for us was vs Stoke when Albrighton was ill and he had a very good game on the left.

59 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Cant call him sensible yet after Arsenal. He is still playing Ranieri's team btw in case you hadnt noticed

Did you notice we did well against one of the favorites at their home and won our first game at home.  What is your point exactly?

His attitude is his major problem, it is starting to hold him back.

Take Saturday for example, when the subs jogged down to warm up in the corner, Amartey, King, Chilwell, Ulloa and Slimani were all smiles, waving and applauding the fans.  Gray wouldn't even make eye contact.  He really looked like he doesn't want to be here. 

Let him go, be best for everyone.

1 hour ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

How many players in that starting 11 were signed by Ranieri? 1.

Its still technically Pearson's team which was built with the help of Shakespeare and Walsh.

32 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

World of utter irrelevance.

I wasnt exactly clear. Though wonderful hyperbole there HP, I can see you've been reading T.S Elliot again. My point is that tactically he is a worry as he made rubbish subs in one game then was too scared to make any subs in the next. So at the moment he is showing zero tactical nous, the relevance of Ranieri being that Shakespeare has not set this team up. So we are yet to see a positive managerial move from Shakespeare. And before everyone starts saying, Athletico second half! We lost that game in the first half

3 minutes ago, Dames said:

How many players in that starting 11 were signed by Ranieri? 1.

Its still technically Pearson's team which was built with the help of Shakespeare and Walsh.

Are we really still saying that? Ranieri wasnt a passengee for the title winning season. Pretty sure he called the formation

Archived