Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Gray - considering future

Just now, 80footgiraffe said:

On Sky sports website saying that Bournemouth hane NOT bid for Gray, they were interested before he signed for us

Lately sky have reported a lotta stuff that has turned out to be wrong. Feel they're doing this for the betting side of things again 

5 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Someone has just genuinely said above they would prefer Lloyd dyer here to Demarai Gray. 

Get out out whilst you can Dimi lol 

Yep 100% :thumbup:

But that's right now in this moment - not two years time lol (which is probably when we should expect Demi to be hitting the best years of his game and what everyone seems to have in mind already)

One is a player who's quick - physically strong, has a good understanding of cutting in, making passes - and when to go for the shot. Not to mention he's a great personality to have behind the scenes.

The other is someone who's quick with very little end product, doesn't know when to cross or shoot - and normally gets it wrong - and has kicked up a fuss now behind the scenes a few times about how he feels entitled to be starting with THIS level of performances. I know Riyad wasn't having the best season is the argument to be thrown back but i truly believe he wasn't picked because he wasn't good enough.

I wouldn't have made the comparison if it wasn't for the fact that Demi seems to feel he's good enough already for a starting spot in the team - and my argument is he isn't because he doesn't do enough when he's there to prove it - and Lloyd is one of the best wide men we've had here, that's why i'm more than happy to say it - we'd score more, create more with Lloyd Dyer - of course he has experience which helps.

Anyways enough of fantasy land, basically Demi needs to wind his neck in, work at his game off his own back and prove why he should be starting - otherwise i'd wonder if West Ham wanted to do a deal where we get Antonio and a bit of cash for him - Antonio has a great work ethic and mentality to the game, he'd be a better fit here for one example than someone who doesn't have that.

4 minutes ago, Ecdysiast said:

On Grey's performance tonight, I'd snap Bournemouth's arm off for £20ml.

Talented but stupid.

Give the kid a break. Pure talent, needs real game time @ a few 90 mins to get into it.

He's got real quality and should RM go, will be essential to our season.

12 minutes ago, Ecdysiast said:

On Grey's performance tonight, I'd snap Bournemouth's arm off for £20ml.

Talented but stupid.

Harsh. I wouldn't let him go. He's good, make no mistake. It's unfair to compare him to Mahrez.

Was always going to be offered a new deal. Agent is using interest from other clubs to strong arm us into giving him better terms than have already been offered. Gray wants to stay & knows this is the best place for his development.

Expect a new contract to be agreed this week.

Much as I want us to keep the 15-16 squad together DG is one player I am a bit meh not bothered.

His ability to learn and improve imo is average and it is known that he is quite arrogant - fact from an inside the club squad member. Has talent but application and impatience with an inability to listen will hamper his development.

If he wants to go I would let him move even if Mahrez goes he is not the replacement imo and we need a more consistent solution.

He's got all the talent to be an England regular. He's got pace, technique, can pass, shoot, dribble and cross.

Only problem is he shoots when he should pass, passes when he should cross and crosses when he should shoot. Not sure if you can learn that.

1 minute ago, brookfox said:

He's got all the talent to be an England regular. He's got pace, technique, can pass, shoot, dribble and cross.

Only problem is he shoots when he should pass, passes when he should cross and crosses when he should shoot. Not sure if you can learn that.

Exactly this

I think he'll be a great player, he reminds me of when Mahrez first joined us and gave the ball away a lot and was somewhat selfish but back then we had games to allow Riyad to develop and make mistakes, have we got that time and patience with Gray?????

19 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

What about Gray? I thought he was ok in patches and just needs to mature... 

Gray was poor against BMG. Mahrez demonstrated the gulf in class between the two when he came on. Effortless control, skill and passing from the Algerian and affected play. The game passed demarai by sadly.

Archived