Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Gray - considering future

13 minutes ago, Thracian said:

It would. Much safer and especially for Shakespeare who'd commendably admitted to getting it wrong at Arsenal. He wouldn't have wanted a repeat and neither would you in his shoes. 

Well not me, as I'd happily go out trying to play sexy attacking football till the end. For a safe sensible manager though, I can see why he'd not change anything haha.

24 minutes ago, Thracian said:

It would. Much safer and especially for Shakespeare who'd commendably admitted to getting it wrong at Arsenal. He wouldn't have wanted a repeat and neither would you in his shoes. 

making subs at Arsenal wasn't the problem is was the timing had James come off for Amartey and Shinji for Iheanacho no one would have said anything but they way he did it was baffling

Guys are going to have to get over the fact he looks like a miserable git 24/7. Just blessed with a sulker's face! 

He actually cracked a smile when Slimani scored though. 

Don't see this attitude problem. Just a talented youngster who wants to be out there playing who is also blessed with resting "sulk" face. 

Great performance and deserves a good 20mins plus against Man U. 

Nice performance second half today. Love when he plays like this and becomes a genuine threat rather than a wasteful glory hunter. If he can produce this on a regular basis, we should be using hom a lot more frequently. He needs to show this wasn't a rare occurrence though. 

Excited about him though!

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

It's a shame he didn't start how he played after he scored. Looked so disinterested for the first hour and then looked brilliant.

Thats what makes him frustrating.

Wingers generally are frustrating in fairness

8 minutes ago, shen said:

Nice performance second half today. Love when he plays like this and becomes a genuine threat rather than a wasteful glory hunter. If he can produce this on a regular basis, we should be using hom a lot more frequently. He needs to show this wasn't a rare occurrence though. 

Excited about him though!

I agree with you. 

5 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Can't see us holding on to him - he wants to play every week

Understandable. Like this, he can play most games IMO. We cannot afford having him be ineffective for an hour though. We already have Mahrez who is inconsistent, playing two wingers of that type is suicidal. If it's a choice between Gray and Mahrez, I know who I'll prefer 9 times out of ten...

his best hope is that there isn't a choice...

Played great in patches tonight. Still made the occasional wrong decision, but to me that's just a lack of game time. Showed his talent. 

Liverpool fan I was with tonight said he was going to call Klopp to see if they can't put a bid in again. 

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/cherries/clubnews/15489836.Cherries_linked_with___25million_bid_for_Leicester__39_s_Gray/

As I said before in this thread, IF we manage to keep Mahrez, this move to Bournemouth is very likely. With Riyad in the team, Gray won't start and Bournemouth will pretty much guarantee that. It would happen on, or near Transfer Deadline Day, when we're sure Riyad is staying!

We have to keep hold if Gray for at least another 6-12 months IMO. 

Given more game time, he could really make a big step up. He has amazing raw ability and if he improves his decision making, he could hugely influence games with goals and assists. 

He's contracted to us. Reject any bids and give him more game time this season. As I said before, one injury to Mahrez or Albrighton, and he is starting every week! 

7 minutes ago, Outfox the Fox said:

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/cherries/clubnews/15489836.Cherries_linked_with___25million_bid_for_Leicester__39_s_Gray/

As I said before in this thread, IF we manage to keep Mahrez, this move to Bournemouth is very likely. With Riyad in the team, Gray won't start and Bournemouth will pretty much guarantee that. It would happen on, or near Transfer Deadline Day, when we're sure Riyad is staying!

With a January buy back clause for when Riyad leaves us.

8 minutes ago, Outfox the Fox said:

So we go into the season with two wingers and Musa... not happening.

Archived